Yup, it rocks.
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
I have the official jellybean on. What must I do to put on the Omega rom?
I'm happy. Straight forward but it works for me...![]()
With both devices still on the market and currently priced the same, however, you'd be crazy not to go with the original Galaxy S II. The formula that worked for Samsung two years ago still works today, and Jelly Bean has brought some extra value to the experience. You get the better-performing Exynos chipset and double the flash memory for the same price (there's a 32GB model available as well).
So gsmarena posted a review of the Galaxy SII "Minus":
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s_ii_plus_review-review-878.php
I'll just leave this line from the conclusion here:
It's still mind boggling why Samsung decided to release the S2 again as a new phone, albeit with crappier specs.
One theory on what exactly Samsung was thinking when it released this device is the phasing out of the old flagship with a newer (and cheaper to manufacture) model. Scaling the onboard storage to 8 GB aligns to this, as flash storage is one of the most expensive components found in a smartphone. Also, by outsourcing to Broadcom for the chip manufacture process, Samsung would be able to free up its own factories for making more Galaxy S III and Note II SoC's.
Which ROM are you running?
<snip>
what also annoys me is that the *#301279# thing doesnt wanna work on this ROM. I dont need the fastest HSDPA, I always keep it down one level which made a HUGE difference on the battery. Now Im stuck with either full 21mb HSDPA or GSM... sucks ass![]()
Im glad my advice I gave you back then about the HSDPA/HSUPA helped out in making your S2 experience more enjoyable.
I might be mistaken but I think there might be an app that can do this for you on ICS/JB.
PLEASE can you let me know what its called? Im dying here without being able to use *#301279#![]()
PLEASE can you let me know what its called? Im dying here without being able to use *#301279#![]()