SARS E-Filing 2019 OPEN!

francois4262

Update - Filled on 2 July, selected or verification. Uploaded all docs and more. Still no outcome on verification or refund date on SoA. And so we wait another day... Just frustrating that some have been selected for verification and have already been paid out :-(
i am in the same boat

Azg

Expert Member
Submitted 3 July. Uploaded requested additional documents on 4 July. Selected for audit and verification. Now the wait for finalisation and (hopefully) payment of my R10K refund.

Cius

Executive Member
Just filed now. Selected for audit but really not clear on how to upload docs for this return. Not the most intuitive menu there.

Cius

Executive Member
OK, docs submitted. Now the wait for the audit. Not a huge return this year so hopefully it is faster than last year.

Ewie

For some reason today - need to send aditional documnetation,

Can uopload but when i submit, just return to same screen

the eskimo

Filed for a relative on 01-Jul, not selected for audit and money in the bank today.

I filed for myself on 30-Jun, selected for audit, submitted docs on the same day and still waiting.

Devilish

Is it normal for SARS to pay refunds while "Request for Reasons" are pending?

Koosvanwyk

The main member is the one claiming, except if she can prove that she is the one paying for the medical aid.
While this is mostly true, it is not technically correct.

Only the person who is actually paying the monthly premiums (from his/her bank account) to the medical aid is entitled to the medical tax credits. Whether or not you are (or are not) the main member has nothing to do with who is entitled to the medical tax credits, it just happens that in most cases the main member is also the person paying the medical premiums. You are also only entitled to the medical tax credit if you pay the medical premiums on behalf of yourself and someone who is an dependent

The same applies to "out of pocket" medical expenses, only the person paying for this can get the potential tax credit and only if it is paid for yourself or a dependent and lastly (basically) only for prescribed medicines / services received from a registered medical service provider (you cannot claim for OTC medicines).

Koosvanwyk

Is it normal for SARS to pay refunds while "Request for Reasons" are pending?
Yes, pretty standard for SARS to do this

If there is a change at a later stage you will either have to pay them back or they will pay you the additional amount

emptybruwer

For some reason today - need to send aditional documnetation,

Can uopload but when i submit, just return to same screen
Same problem here, send docs to the email address provided on letter received from them

travcaine

Am I being blind or stupid but how the hell do I file/submit on the new website? The old one was so easy.

Renai1

Does anyone have any idea what recourse I have if my company can still not provide me with an IRP5?

Tman*

Expert Member
Does anyone have any idea what recourse I have if my company can still not provide me with an IRP5?
"can still not"? It's not like it's at the end of tax season as yet? No need for recourse, just keep following up with the company account.