SARS E-Filing 2019 OPEN!

francois4262

Logged in now, refund says due tomorrow.

Summary....
1.) Filed 1st of July
2.) Submitted Supporting Docs 2nd July 2019
3.) Requested to update Logbook, resubmitted 3d of July 2019.
4.) Received Refund date this am for 11th of July 2019.

Zyk1

Expert Member
Quite efficient.
Glad you had a good experience.
SARS has really up'ed their game

Oikantswe

Logged in now, refund says due tomorrow.

Summary....
1.) Filed 1st of July
2.) Submitted Supporting Docs 2nd July 2019
3.) Requested to update Logbook, resubmitted 3d of July 2019.

Have you received the completion letter.

hawker

Honorary Master
Just seen now that I filed on the 29/06 not 01/07 - would this cause the problem? Anyone else have this?

Is this why my refund is delayed?

Quey_Quick

Expert Member
I see this morning that my refund is scheduled for tomorrow. I filed on Monday (8th July).

AadilG

1.) Filed 29 of June
2.) Submitted Supporting Docs 29th June 2019
3.) Letter of completion 08 July.

Glads81

1.) Filed 29 of June
2.) Submitted Supporting Docs 29th June 2019
3.) Letter of completion 08 July.

Seems pretty efficient. I filled 2 July and also submitted docs on the same day so expecting some sort of feedback by the end of this week.

Glads81

Just seen now that I filed on the 29/06 not 01/07 - would this cause the problem? Anyone else have this?

From the other feedback we've seen, you should be sorted by the end of the week

aqua02

Did you change your banking details or address when you filed your return? You can request a callback and ask if there is anything holding up your refund.

Counterstrike

Does anyone know what "additional tax" refers to?
After completing all required information, the calculator indicates I owe SARS (first time ever).
Usually after taking into account the rebates and tax credits, I'd be due a refund, but this time there's quite a large amount indicated as "additional tax" that cancels out the refund.
My profile shows my status as compliant and I haven't been issued with any admin penalties so this is strange.
Called the call-center but they need me to submit the return before they can help - any idea what it could be?

Glads81

Does anyone know what "additional tax" refers to?
After completing all required information, the calculator indicates I owe SARS (first time ever).
Usually after taking into account the rebates and tax credits, I'd be due a refund, but this time there's quite a large amount indicated as "additional tax" that cancels out the refund.
My profile shows my status as compliant and I haven't been issued with any admin penalties so this is strange.
Called the call-center but they need me to submit the return before they can help - any idea what it could be?
Haven't had this before... You may want to get someone to assist with your filling this year. TaxTim or a reasonably priced tax practitioner.

Half_Frog

Expert Member
Where do you see the refund date. I just filed mine and am supose to get back R27K but cant see where the refund date is?

hawker

Honorary Master
Where do you see the refund date. I just filed mine and am supose to get back R27K but cant see where the refund date is?
Like @Glads81 says - just request a SOA and it should show up on there. (Check each day until it appears) - if it takes long give them a call?

hawker

Honorary Master
Did you change your banking details or address when you filed your return? You can request a callback and ask if there is anything holding up your refund.
Nope, nothing has changed since last year - and last year I got my refund within a 2 days of submitting.