Skyworth Binge Android TV box

Skyworth Digital Support

Skyworth
Company Rep
When it is good and ready, hopefully before year end.
We have a rather annoying recurring bug that we absolutely need to squash before release. We're hard at work on that, and expect to get to the root cause soon. Once that is clear there are only two remaining open issues.

Legionair

Bought 2 of these boxes, tested the 1st and gave it to my dad, tested the other, continously freezing on dstv and YouTube. Have to hard reset. Have tried full factory reset, still the same. Please help.... 2months old

Skyworth Digital Support

Skyworth
Company Rep
Bought 2 of these boxes, tested the 1st and gave it to my dad, tested the other, continously freezing on dstv and YouTube. Have to hard reset. Have tried full factory reset, still the same. Please help.... 2months old
We have not been able to reproduce any issues along these lines. Is it a buffering freeze (which would be network related) or a freeze where the unit does not respond at all? Are you connected over Wifi or ethernet? We suggest the following troubleshooting tests:
Try a different HDMI cable and/or TV resolution.
Try a different Network connection

If the issue persists across these tests, you may need to return it for a warranty replacement.

Koosie

I cant believe some people are still giving this 1 star reviews on Takealot after the product description explicitly says Netflix is not supported. Does Takealot not review their reviews?

elf_lord_ZC5

Expert Member
I cant believe some people are still giving this 1 star reviews on Takealot after the product description explicitly says Netflix is not supported. Does Takealot not review their reviews?
So people are, shall we say, suffer from comprehension deficiency, maybe the suppliers can also read the reviews, and request the Takealot, in the instance of the Skyworth Binge box, put the words NetFlix not supported in red, or other bright color, in order to try and help, those that suffer comprehension deficiency, to better understand what they are reading. Tho I have my doubts.

Legionair

We have not been able to reproduce any issues along these lines. Is it a buffering freeze (which would be network related) or a freeze where the unit does not respond at all? Are you connected over Wifi or ethernet? We suggest the following troubleshooting tests:
Try a different HDMI cable and/or TV resolution.
Try a different Network connection

If the issue persists across these tests, you may need to return it for a warranty replacement.
Unit freezes without response. Using the hdmi cable that it came with. Will try another and do the remaining troubleshooting tips.
Thank you.

Edit. Mainly does this on dstv catch up.

Skyworth Digital Support

Skyworth
Company Rep
Unit freezes without response. Using the hdmi cable that it came with. Will try another and do the remaining troubleshooting tips.
Thank you.

Edit. Mainly does this on dstv catch up.
This could be app related. We will see if it is reproducible in our environment. I'm not sure offhand if the app caches data from Catch Up, but it might be worth checking free storage space. When Android devices run out of storage, they can misbehave. Let us know if you don't come right.

tyerone

This could be app related. We will see if it is reproducible in our environment. I'm not sure offhand if the app caches data from Catch Up, but it might be worth checking free storage space. When Android devices run out of storage, they can misbehave. Let us know if you don't come right.
my box freezes if you in dstv and then switch off ie sleep mode and switch it back on then it freezes and then you have to do a hard reboot

Legionair

Minimal apps installed, and free space exists.
Apps always kept updated.