Skyworth Binge Android TV box

Skyworth Digital Support

Skyworth
Company Rep
can you maybe provide a changelog of all the updates and fixes since release.
There are a few things that were issues that were probably resolved by now?
(NTFS for example)
There will be a changelog with the update. On a high level the changes are:
  • NTFS write support is tricky unfortunately, and FAT32 write support is app dependant for some reason. It's one of the outstanding issues on the Pie update - we're looking into that.
  • The unfortunate thing is Google have mandated we change the pairing key combination again, but we have refined the remote pairing process, so you can pair at any time without the pop-up screen now.
  • The freezing in standby issue should be gone (though we guessed at the cause as we couldn't reproduce it).
  • The slow response to voice commands should also be resolved - that was a Google library issue.
  • You should now also be able to disable the LED on the unit as well.
  • The Install wizard will now suggest apps from your Google history. The update will require a factory reset (automatically triggered when you update), this was unavoidable.
Apart from this, it is really just Android 9.0.

Louis Marx

There will be a changelog with the update. On a high level the changes are:
  • NTFS write support is tricky unfortunately, and FAT32 write support is app dependant for some reason. It's one of the outstanding issues on the Pie update - we're looking into that.
  • The unfortunate thing is Google have mandated we change the pairing key combination again, but we have refined the remote pairing process, so you can pair at any time without the pop-up screen now.
  • The freezing in standby issue should be gone (though we guessed at the cause as we couldn't reproduce it).
  • The slow response to voice commands should also be resolved - that was a Google library issue.
  • You should now also be able to disable the LED on the unit as well.
  • The Install wizard will now suggest apps from your Google history. The update will require a factory reset (automatically triggered when you update), this was unavoidable.
Apart from this, it is really just Android 9.0.
I am assuming with these release notes that you couldn't manage to get the variable frame rate switching working on Pie?

Polymathic

Honorary Master
What are the new features in the TV version of 9.0... assuming there are any?

SupaNoob

Please can I be told how to install Netflix so that it actually works.

All I get is a bunch of what I call fake errors, since I'm able to login, voice search and even get to the TV show page but still have that device not compatible and device not optimised etc.. Errors.

How do I get around this problem.? Thanks

SupaNoob

So I got mine delivered from EBucks today. Haven't played much with it but I must admit that it's more than I expected thus far, especially for the price.
One issue I seem to be having though - I've sideloaded 3 apps and from the 3 only 1 appears under apps when I hit the apps button on the remote or select apps from the home screen. If I go to apps via settings the other 2 apps can be found and opened, which is a schelp.

Is there a solution to this?
Yo can get an app that allows you to create home screen links to those side loaded apps

joshuatree

Expert Member

All I get is a bunch of what I call fake errors, since I'm able to login, voice search and even get to the TV show page but still have that device not compatible and device not optimised etc.. Errors.

Casting , Kodi , Stremio maybe ?

Skyworth Digital Support

Skyworth
Company Rep

Netflix do not support this platform, so you would need to sideload an older version of the app. We cannot indicate a trusted place to obtain older versions, but 4.16 or thereabouts seems to work. Sideloading is done at your own risk, and we don't provide technical support for this, but there are plenty of guides to it floating around.

zordon

I think this version of Netflix works, although I have not tested it:

zulusailor

Recently purchased the 40" Skyworth TV. Apart from issue with Netflix, very impressed.

Anyone know how to get rid of the 'mute' icon on the bottom left of the screen when the volume is at zero. I am using an optical cable direct to my soundbar. Thanks in advance.

Skyworth Digital Support

Skyworth
Company Rep
@Skyworth Digital Support

Can I use this remote on my skyworth box
There is no limitation from our box on which remotes you can use, though you may have to manually pair it. Our remotes also seem to work with competing boxes. Compatibility will depend on the remote vendor, and we don't have enough information from your screenshot to be able to tell who that is.

moms

There is no limitation from our box on which remotes you can use, though you may have to manually pair it. Our remotes also seem to work with competing boxes. Compatibility will depend on the remote vendor, and we don't have enough information from your screenshot to be able to tell who that is.
can you send me a link from takealot of which remote I can use on my skyworth box please,

Obronie

Need to read SDS reply carefully to understand :) If you need a remote urgently the Adroid TV app remote could be a temporary solution.