iceblue

a lot of the prices are incorrect
a lot of you n/a's are available
who has 384kbps still ? do they purposefully throttle ?
do some homework

Agreed. The article is pointless with the incorrect prices. E.g. Cybersmarts 1Mbps is something like R299 and they also have a 2Mbps bundles but you have N/A.

rph72

Executive Member
Pointless. Wait until the speed migration is complete.

twicode

Expert Member
The cheapest options have been highlighted. The prices listed are accurate at the time of publication.

You are going to confuse a lot of people with this article. There should be a disclaimer under 1Mbps bundled column that it is only in effect starting from some time in Oct and for the 384 only in effect up to some to in October as it will be discontinued.

The 1Mbps bundled prices e.g. Afrihost will come only into effect when Telkom upgrade the 384Mbps to 1 Mbps so we currently pay R389 instead of the R289 listed.

justing

No matter what I am sticking with Mweb, they constantly keep their members informed when there is a downtime and 99.9% of the time it is not their fault. Plus they have failovers on all the cables.:)

uchoose

I agree I like Mweb but afrihost has a good name too and for my 4MB adsl there is about R140 saving. If I download a torrent during the day with mweb it flies most of the time. I am scared if I do switch to afrihost they throttle/shape or whatever, can anyone let me know if this is the case.

subxero

MWeb is some R70 or so more than certain other ISP's, but their product is worth every cent extra if you do not want to be shaped at leisure or have to mail admin every week to complain about transfer speeds, only to get moved from one dodgy account to the next and get told to log a fault with Telkom as they have gone 'beyond the call of duty' to please you (on a line that works perfectly on your backup Telkom account.) Been there done that and am happy to pay a little extra for the 'convenience' of getting the service I pay for.