Do you want/need an APN that allows connections initiated from outside the APN?

• No thanks, no idea what this means - don't think it applies to me

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • No thanks, I know what it means and I will never need it

Votes: 15 7.7%
  • Yes please, for [desktop or other] remote support

Votes: 106 54.6%
  • Yes please, for hosting

Votes: 58 29.9%
  • Yes please, for some other reason explained in my post in the thread

Votes: 27 13.9%
  • I clicked a 'Yes' option above, and am prepared to accept the risk of being hacked

Votes: 90 46.4%
  • I clicked a 'Yes' option above, and am NOT prepared to accept the risk of being hacked

Votes: 6 3.1%

• Total voters

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator
From the screenshot you really were assigned a 100.X.X.X IP address. Looks like someone at Vodacom made a typing error. As I mentioned earlier this is a reserved IP address and is not routable from the Internet.

Call Vodacom Customer Care or send a PM to VodacomData.

Very possible they are using it as an internal range. A what is my IP type lookup will quickly tell you if your traffic is being NATted.

From my recollection unrestricted apn used to give you a 41.192.x.x IP.

dataloggger

RedhotNeo

Expert Member
Hello all,

I just wanted to let you know that I finally got the Vodacom open APN today, for anyone who needs to do it going forward, you have to do the following... fill this doc out http://www.vodacom.co.za/cs/groups/public/documents/vodacom.co.za_portal_webassets/pocm01-033244.pdf, before you send it call the 082 111, and pen a service request.

When you email the doc add the service request number to your subject line... then call vodacom continuously to get it processed.

Awesome news.. thanks for link

Mangoman20

Strange problem.. I have been provisioned on the unrestricted APN, get a public IP address, (same one every time I connect). Can only ping but all other ports blocked.

Have checked the obvious on the target device ( firewall, routing, security etc) and the same problem remains.

Ideas ?

Mangoman20

Strange problem.. I have been provisioned on the unrestricted APN, get a public IP address, (same one every time I connect). Can only ping but all other ports blocked.

Have checked the obvious on the target device ( firewall, routing, security etc) and the same problem remains.

Ideas ?

kevyk

Hello

Can someone please help me with Activating unrestricted APN on Vodacom Network. Customer Services have no idea what I am talking about. I have emailed the APN form and my ID. I have had no joy in getting the service sorted out.

Regards.

kevyk

Hello

Can someone please help me with Activating unrestricted APN on Vodacom Network. Customer Services have no idea what I am talking about. I have emailed the APN form and my ID. I have had no joy in getting the service sorted out.

Regards.

Sitting in Vodacom shop , no one between customer services or Vodacom shop know what's going on. I have been sent from pillar to post. Seems to be an issue to get this sorted out. Anyone, anywhere have any luck ?

rqleslie

Dealer - B-Tech Online
Company Rep

Ideas ?
Hi @Mangoman20 wondering if you ever came right with this - seem to have the same issue, was put onto an unrestricted APN, I get the 41.192.x.x IP but I can only ping my device none of my port forwarding rules work as expected..

Mangoman20

Hi @Mangoman20 wondering if you ever came right with this - seem to have the same issue, was put onto an unrestricted APN, I get the 41.192.x.x IP but I can only ping my device none of my port forwarding rules work as expected..
Nope, no luck. Have also been sending off my application forms for the last two months and am awaiting a response

RickyGC

How can I confirm that my unrestricted APN settings are right and that everything is setup properly?

I changed the APN value from "internet" to "unrestricted".
The dongle can connect to the internet, but I can not ping or access any ports remotely.

Vodacom support is getting me nowhere.

elsor

Has anybody managed to sort this out?

I have submitted the application documents but cannot get a response from documents [@] vodacom.co.za and according to what I see the SIMs have not bee provisioned on the unrestricted APN
The call centre does not know anything about the unrestricted APN and referred me to a shop, had a contact at a shop and they followed up with APN Management but was told to contact the call centre.

Is there still someone from Vodacom around that might be able to assist?

DylanIoT

Hi

I have a tool for real-time management of multiple IoT SIMs (vodacom, mtn and roamimg sims), all in one place, no limit to number of sims managed. Additional networking and security services like fixed ip address sims as well, ideal for IoT providers that use GSM as their means of connecting. Would you like some more information on it?

Ledigimate

Hello I have the unrestricted APN provisioned on my SIM. It works great when I connect, except that for some unexplained reason, after a few hours, the public IP address is changed from the unrestricted subnet to the restricted subnet, while still connected to the unrestricted APN. Then I have to manually reconnect to get back on the unrestricted subnet.
Can anyone from Vodacom do something to prevent this issue? It is SUPER frustrating!!