Do you own or use a printer?

Kevin Lancaster

MyBroadband Editor
Do you own a printer and use it at home, or do you have a printer at work which is used regularly?

With services and products moving online, does the printer still have a place in the modern office?

Haven't had a printer in years, becoming increasingly irrelevant.

However the print, sign, scan, send back stuff sometimes makes life hell without one.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Bought one to print a contract when I sold my vehicle - used it once or twice after that - gave it away when the cartridges apparently dried up... R2k down the drain.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
We own one, mainly for the Wife's home-office work. I occasionally use it to scan or print things mainly in B/W.

At work I hardly print unless there is no other option. I sign/edit documents electronically whenever possible.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
We have a b&w laserjet for day to day stuff, and with two kids and a home office it gets regular use, but I also send a lot of my stuff out to be printed.

moklet

Expert Member
still use it quite a bit, assigments fro my daughter, documents fro my spouse, which are just easier to read during meetings etc

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Haven't had a printer in years, becoming increasingly irrelevant.

However the print, sign, scan, send back stuff sometimes makes life hell without one.
Luckily the ability to do this has been built into OsX for years now so I was able to ditch the cartridge hungry 4-1 inkjet.

MickeyD

RIP
Home:
HP color LaserJet
HP 3-in-1 SmartInk thingy

Office:
What office? :p

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
I bought a cheap laser printer a few months back, I don't use it much at all but when I need to it makes life easier.

Solitude

Executive Member
Nope, don't own one. If I have to print something I do it at work.

MickZA

Executive Member
Work from home so I have a Samsung multi function for scanning and copying and a OKI B410 network printer for general use.

Doubt if I use 5 reams of paper a year as I prefer pdfs - easier to file :)

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Yes, monochrome laserjet, 7 to 8 years old, on second toner now, doesn't get used often but very much worth it.

konfab

Honorary Master
I get the gf to print stuff.
I tend to avoid printing things like the plague as I hate paper.