I need your help choosing

Sebastian.s1994

Good... morning!

So here's the deal. About a month ago I had a 2mbps Business Uncapped Bundle from Afrihost and it was great. I never has issues and my speed almost never dropped below 1.5mbps. I had to move to a new place where there was already internet so I then cancelled it.

Now I'm about to move into a new apartment again, Telkom is coming today to install the voice line. After that I just need to get the ADSL line and account. This is where I need your help :)

I'm very keen to go with the same package that I had with Afrihost, but after yesterday's article on MyBroadband it seemed that Afrihost seems to be one of the most expensive ISP's out there.

I want to try and go for a 4mbps package without increasing my budget to much. I share my apartment with someone else, we mainly do gaming and some P2P downloading now and then and a lot of Youtube. I would please like some feedback from you guys without going through all of those, long feedback threads.

Should I go for the 2mbps Business Uncapped Bundle again or a 4mbps normal Uncapped bundle from Mweb, Openweb, Cybersmart, etc...?
How is this downloading speeds on those 4mbps packages?

Thanks in advance!

Necuno

Court Jester
Depends what you want:

1. Account sharing.
2. Unknown, but approximate limits.
3. Forever alone.

wingnut771

Executive Member
Good... morning!

So here's the deal. About a month ago I had a 2mbps Business Uncapped Bundle from Afrihost and it was great. I never has issues and my speed almost never dropped below 1.5mbps. I had to move to a new place where there was already internet so I then cancelled it.

Now I'm about to move into a new apartment again, Telkom is coming today to install the voice line. After that I just need to get the ADSL line and account. This is where I need your help :)

I'm very keen to go with the same package that I had with Afrihost, but after yesterday's article on MyBroadband it seemed that Afrihost seems to be one of the most expensive ISP's out there.

I want to try and go for a 4mbps package without increasing my budget to much. I share my apartment with someone else, we mainly do gaming and some P2P downloading now and then and a lot of Youtube. I would please like some feedback from you guys without going through all of those, long feedback threads.

Should I go for the 2mbps Business Uncapped Bundle again or a 4mbps normal Uncapped bundle from Mweb, Openweb, Cybersmart, etc...?
How is this downloading speeds on those 4mbps packages?

Thanks in advance!
I wouldn't touch those ISP's with a ten foot pole, they all have calendar month cancellation policies, rather look at CW (they also use Cybersmart backbone and their Int issues should be sorted soon, but they haven't launched yet so you will have to email sales@crystalweb.co.za), Connection.co.za or Plugg (Plugg will have a higher usage threshold), but the IS accounts have daytime shaping, so if you only need your internet after work then this will be your best bet. I'm against AH (MTN) and their heavy handed shaping on home uncapped accounts.

Hope this helps.