MTN SuperSonic Feedback

update:

I dropped the router off at the supersonic offices in Fairlands at around 5pm yesterday. Was attended to by their Customer Experience Manager. I told him the whole story why i want to cancel. He initially said he will try get me a lower price because he doesn't want customers to leave. I insisted on cancellation and he said they normally get a 30 day notice that's why the line hasn't been cancelled.

I told him how unfair it was for the consumer to be expected to pay a clawback fee , he just said the Ts and Cs are subject to change. I told him that the agent who helped me before i signed up hadn't told me of this fee he said he will ask his superiors on whether they can waive it.

I am awaiting his phone call this morning.
Why is it you want to cancel again?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Starting to get frustrated now with Supersonic. I'm still chasing after them. Temba is dealing with query and he is on a call since yesterday morning when I phone until now he is still on a call. If I didn't know better I'd say he is avoiding me.

When Supersonic work it works well. When it doesn't you get a bunch of people running around trying to help but at the end of the day those people don't have any solutions because they need to escalate it to someone higher.

Running in circles and it's boring me. I think I'm moving my 200Mbps to ISAT just for line rental and using Vox Fat pipe and Cybersmart on it. Works me out cheaper and maxes my line always.

Now after 8pm I'm getting like 50-60Mbps... :rolleyes: Their JHB IPC is so badly congested and the trace routes show it but they want Openserve to come and test the line when 3 other ISP's give me full speed at the same time.

cavedog

Honorary Master
So lunch came and went and Temba did not call. I called and guess what. Temba is not at his desk he will contact me later. I hung up and called again and pressed accounts. Insisted on canceling but they are having none of it. They don't want to cancel they want to sort the issue out.

Is it just me or does this cancellation situation with Supersonic sound a bit like Telkom. Easy to join hard to cancel.

I told him by end of business day I need answers or I'm ripping the stuff out and apply for a new install.

@phil77. I was waiting for something like this to happen. I was skepticle in the beginning because of the note in the T&C's that said it is subject to change, that why I went for the lowest package (20Mb/2Mb). But I signed up anyways because @cavedog said he/she has it in writing that there is no clawback period. What a BS story...

cavedog

Honorary Master
@phil77. I was waiting for something like this to happen. I was skepticle in the beginning because of the note in the T&C's that said it is subject to change, that why I went for the lowest package (20Mb/2Mb). But I signed up anyways because @cavedog said he/she has it in writing that there is no clawback period. What a BS story...
The only time I mentioned the clawback was here
https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/mtn-supersonic-feedback.998742/post-22737294

There you can see I said multiple times that just confirm with SS as that is what I was told on the phone when they called me back after submitting my application online.

Here is the very first interaction with them. I also have something similar in email as I emailed them first and then sent a message on facebook. They responded first on facebook. If you think I told some BS story well I'm sorry if you misread or did not confirm anything as I don't work for SS and maybe the person I spoke to lied to me to get the sale.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Also been having a very hectic argument with SS. They aren't calling me back and telling me what the issue is and Temba is still on a call :rolleyes: :mad:.

So I raged and used swear words because I want to cancel and move to an ISP that can give me full 200Mbps speed. Some manager phoned me and calmed me down saying they have IPC congestion issues and Openserve is not forthcoming with solutions on upgrades to the IPC. Duh I've been saying that since the start that the IPC is congested.

So at least now they finally admitted it and hopefully Openserve can finally do the IPC upgrades so I can get my connection back the way it was in January.

The only time I mentioned the clawback was here
https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/mtn-supersonic-feedback.998742/post-22737294

There you can see I said multiple times that just confirm with SS as that is what I was told on the phone when they called me back after submitting my application online.

Here is the very first interaction with them. I also have something similar in email as I emailed them first and then sent a message on facebook. They responded first on facebook. If you think I told some BS story well I'm sorry if you misread or did not confirm anything as I don't work for SS and maybe the person I spoke to lied to me to get the sale.

The BS story was directed at SS. Apologies if you thought it was meant for you. You've only been helpful on this thread. I'm just upset that they nicely added clause 3.5 since the time I signed up. I'm almost 100% certain it wasn't there in January....

cavedog

Honorary Master
Not sure what to do because Supersonic is not forthcoming with feedback or answers and they don't want to cancel my package or line. I think I need to take off half day and go and make noise at their office in Roodepoort tomorrow because I don't think I can wait any longer. Don't even know if they have applied for IPC rate limit increases at Openserve....

supersonic_speedtest.png

Not sure what to do because Supersonic is not forthcoming with feedback or answers and they don't want to cancel my package or line. I think I need to take off half day and go and make noise at their office in Roodepoort tomorrow because I don't think I can wait any longer. Don't even know if they have applied for IPC rate limit increases at Openserve....

View attachment 622860
Maybe they are aspiring to be SuperTelkom. Or is that HotelSupersonic...
You are taking a lot of **** from them, I am hoping for a positive outcome for all the run around you are receiving.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Someone from Core Networks at Supersonic phoned me. He said yes their IPC rate limit is causing the peak time increased latency and slow speeds and there are a lot of people complaining. The upgrades has been placed and they are aware of the issues but he did not want to give me a time but told me soon.

Temba the guy dealing with my query said that he is dealing with 4 other clients that want to cancel and that are complaining so seems there is light at the end of this very dark tunnel. Also said that the free trial has seen them signing up so many people that core networks did not manage to get the IPC upgraded in time before the congestion started and that they will keep me updated. Well at least that is something.

Last edited: