MTN SuperSonic Feedback

sand_man

Honorary Master
Got to say, they putting in a decent amount of effort to help a customer that has been with them for, what is it? Almost a month? That's got to count for something?!

I was with CISP for 5 months before logging my first ticket. 0 fcks were given. A year later my 2nd ticket and they showed some interest... enough to get a technician out to my residence and a new ONT installed.

I still sit with a fcked up iperf though...

Home-connect have been jumping through hoops trying to work out why? But their conclusion is buggy iperf software...

cavedog

Honorary Master
Got to say, they putting in a decent amount of effort to help a customer that has been with them for, what is it? Almost a month? That's got to count for something?!

I was with CISP for 5 months before logging my first ticket. 0 fcks were given. A year later my 2nd ticket and they showed some interest... enough to get a technician out to my residence and a new ONT installed.

I still sit with a fcked up iperf though...

Home-connect have been jumping through hoops trying to work out why? But their conclusion is buggy iperf software...
Yes they are actually and I told them I don't want to cancel. The manager actually phoned the technician asking what is going on can you see what the problem is ect ect so they are really trying to solve the issue and sending a guy to my place at a time that suits me is nice. Technician gave me his number said I can call him any time or whatsapp him anything he is going to push with his supervisor the networking guys to give me answers and if they can't I don't need to worry about the bill it's taken care off. As I mentioned before though it's not about the money as I already EFT the money. I should have answers by mid day tomorrow latest so keen to see what happens. :)

The technician has my whatsapp conversations and said he was told to get it fixed because customer wants to cancel and they won't accept if a customer wants to cancel due to poor service or slow speeds so I think Supersonic is still a very decent ISP.

sand_man

Honorary Master
I'm getting the same vibe from Home-connect tbh! They trying hard but I'm wondering if they have the technical prowess required?

cavedog

Honorary Master
I'm getting the same vibe from Home-connect tbh! They trying hard but I'm wondering if they have the technical prowess required?
It's the "Do you have wifi at home" crowd ruing things for everyone. The ISP has to deal with people saying wifi when they are talking about their internet so once you pass the blockade which is 1st line support then you are half way there. I just need to get to the shot callers in networks and they will be able to help.

Lucky for me it's easy to rule out the Openserve line by simply switching pppoe details and then asking and now. Why is the line working fine now? Now they agree it's not the line. :)

dasdk

It's the "Do you have wifi at home" crowd ruing things for everyone. The ISP has to deal with people saying wifi when they are talking about their internet so once you pass the blockade which is 1st line support then you are half way there. I just need to get to the shot callers in networks and they will be able to help.

Lucky for me it's easy to rule out the Openserve line by simply switching pppoe details and then asking and now. Why is the line working fine now? Now they agree it's not the line. :)
There should be a VIP support line for clients who know the difference....and you can deal1st level support pretty much on their own ....that would be awesome .....

Btw did you get your free smart WiFi plume devices? If so, have you setup them up?

phil77

Just a warning to all who want to do the 1 month trial. I joined the trial on the 15th of January. I decided to cancel and go with the other cheaper ISPs
  • 9 February I requested to cancel on whatsapp and was called by an agent called Cade, he told me not to cancel while he organises a better price for me. he would call me on the 11th
  • 12 February i called Supersonic and they told me they would call me end of day
  • 13 February i told then to cancel immediately since they were dragging their feet and the trial was ending. I was told there is a clawback fee which i contested because when i signed up they had said i will not be liable for any payment and also the terms and conditions didn't say anything about clawback in the trial period . They finally said i am not liable to pay it. They said they will contact me later that day.
  • 14 February i called them again and they said Cade is not in and they will call me later but i told them to cancel the trial. I then received a whatsapp message from them saying i will be again liable for the clawback fee which i again contested, they pointed to section 3.5 of their trial terms and conditions.... (they added a clause which says) :
  • A cancellation charge will apply if a customer cancels the service prior to the expiration of the applicable promotional period. The cancellation charge will be based on applicable Equipment, Connectivity and Installation claw back for the product. All amounts currently due and owing will be included in the charge. Any rental Equipment included in the service not returned to Supersonic upon cancellation, will be charged for in full at the prevailing retail price.
  • They said i will receive an invoice of about R2724:mad:
tldr - take the trial only if you are sure you want to go with them. don't even know why they call it a trial...

cavedog

Honorary Master
Just a warning to all who want to do the 1 month trial. I joined the trial on the 15th of January. I decided to cancel and go with the other cheaper ISPs
  • 9 February I requested to cancel on whatsapp and was called by an agent called Cade, he told me not to cancel while he organises a better price for me. he would call me on the 11th
  • 12 February i called Supersonic and they told me they would call me end of day
  • 13 February i told then to cancel immediately since they were dragging their feet and the trial was ending. I was told there is a clawback fee which i contested because when i signed up they had said i will not be liable for any payment and also the terms and conditions didn't say anything about clawback in the trial period . They finally said i am not liable to pay it. They said they will contact me later that day.
  • 14 February i called them again and they said Cade is not in and they will call me later but i told them to cancel the trial. I then received a whatsapp message from them saying i will be again liable for the clawback fee which i again contested, they pointed to section 3.5 of their trial terms and conditions.... (they added a clause which says) :
  • A cancellation charge will apply if a customer cancels the service prior to the expiration of the applicable promotional period. The cancellation charge will be based on applicable Equipment, Connectivity and Installation claw back for the product. All amounts currently due and owing will be included in the charge. Any rental Equipment included in the service not returned to Supersonic upon cancellation, will be charged for in full at the prevailing retail price.
tldr - take the trial only if you are sure you want to go with them. don't even know why they call it a trial...
Don't take any non sense from them. Take a look at point number 1.1 which stipulate that you need to cancel before the trial ends, which you have done. You are not liable for any fees. Take your complaint to ISPA. Take a screenshot of the terms. screenshot of your written whatsapp message with date of cancellation. Done you won the complaint.

phil77

Don't take any non sense from them. Take a look at point number 1.1 which stipulate that you need to cancel before the trial ends, which you have done. You are not liable for any fees. Take your complaint to ISPA. Take a screenshot of the terms. screenshot of your written whatsapp message with date of cancellation. Done you won the complaint.

Thanks, I hadn't seen that point. If they insist on the clawback fee I will try every route I can. How does one justify a "free trial" with a clawback fee?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Thanks, I hadn't seen that point. If they insist on the clawback fee I will try every route I can. How does one justify a "free trial" with a clawback fee?
You will only get charged IF you choose to stay. If not you return the Zyxel router to Supersonic and you move on to another ISP or cancel the fibre line completely. All the ads clearly state obligation free trial and that is exactly what is it. There can't be any terms to the terms and conditions. There can't be any hidden stuff because these are the terms and conditions of the trial. I don't think you should pay anything.

I’ve had the same issue, decided to cancel before the trial even started, but openserve already connected the Fibre line, was told to read 3.5 in their terms and conditions, so I told them to resume the trial and then I’ll cancel during the trial period, hopefully I won’t be liable for cancellation costs then.

phil77

I’ve had the same issue, decided to cancel before the trial even started, but openserve already connected the Fibre line, was told to read 3.5 in their terms and conditions, so I told them to resume the trial and then I’ll cancel during the trial period, hopefully I won’t be liable for cancellation costs then.
The free trial thing is a SCAM. I have never dealt with such an unethical company.

phil77

Did you end up paying the cancellation fee?
They haven't cancelled yet. My trial was due to end on the 14th but I haven't received any confirmation of cancellation. Will chase them on Monday. I have no intention of paying that fee since they changed their terms and conditions in the middle of my trial.

They haven't cancelled yet. My trial was due to end on the 14th but I haven't received any confirmation of cancellation. Will chase them on Monday. I have no intention of paying that fee since they changed their terms and conditions in the middle of my trial.
They were willing to cancel mine, but then they were refusing to release my line into the holding pool till they wanted to notify me of my cancellation fee and until I paid it, so then I basically can’t switch to another service provider till they release my line into the holding pool.

phil77

They were willing to cancel mine, but then they were refusing to release my line into the holding pool till they wanted to notify me of my cancellation fee and until I paid it, so then I basically can’t switch to another service provider till they release my line into the holding pool.
Did they tell you how much the cancellation fee was?

Did they tell you how much the cancellation fee was?
No they haven’t , they just kept referring me to 3.5 in their T&Cs , they never gave me no modem or any Fibre services yet, all that was done is they arranged for openserve to connect the Fibre from the pole to my premises .

cavedog

Honorary Master
The terms clearly state in point 1.1 its an Obligation free trial. Do they even know what obligation free means....