New Rain uncapped 4G package launched

charlieb

The problem is the pathetic service you get from Rain. I have had a problem awhile now that I get no signal at all. Like right now. I'm using my phone MTN sim to send this comment.
When I have a connection I have had up to 40 Mbpsbut overall the service is bad

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
The problem is the pathetic service you get from Rain. I have had a problem awhile now that I get no signal at all. Like right now. I'm using my phone MTN sim to send this comment.
When I have a connection I have had up to 40 Mbpsbut overall the service is bad
For me the router has to be in right spot for it work, above mircowave seems to be the best lol

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
Rain has really become typically and proudly south african in how it does business. Just checked on their website if there is anything about streaming throttling or the like. Nothing. Just like nothing will come of the blatant dishonesty and thievery by Rain except more and more mediocre happy customers.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Well they are limiting this to 10 mbps, which is fine.

Limiting the streaming to 360p does not make sense.

When I can download torrents at 10 mbps - flat out.

If I run 2x 720p streams, I will be using less, than full 10 mbps I am being sold.

So why limit speed, and video streaming - especially when by running a VPN, you bypass that streaming limit.

Joseph matane

South Africans are the most ungrateful people I know. Rain can literally give this away for free and people will complain about speed and the fact that its 360p streaming....

You guys do realize with the spectrum Rain has no other network in EU or NA offers a similarly priced deal at all.
I follow your comments alot because you are never bias

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Some one commented that this was for "browsing" purposes, which you can achieve with a 1 mbps connection. There is just no way, you are going to get people to pay R479.00 for a 1 mbps account.

lotus123

Some one commented that this was for "browsing" purposes, which you can achieve with a 1 mbps connection. There is just no way, you are going to get people to pay R479.00 for a 1 mbps account.
One would think there's no way people would pay R149 for 1 gb of data either, but ...

Reactions: JoE

Goosfrabba

Can you still sign up through the Tyme Bank kiosk? I'm keen to try for a month to test

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Well they are limiting this to 10 mbps, which is fine.

Limiting the streaming to 360p does not make sense.

When I can download torrents at 10 mbps - flat out.

If I run 2x 720p streams, I will be using less, than full 10 mbps I am being sold.

So why limit speed, and video streaming - especially when by running a VPN, you bypass that streaming limit.
Because it's the streaming era. All people do is stream.

phly

Expert Member
I'll update you guys once it happens on my end - seems that the new info is you can migrate but one needs to call in or even ask via live chat. I'm willing to try it out and then i'll comment and give feedback. I am just concerned that its an answered prayer but one clothed in an attire that I did not expect but i'll try reserve judgement till I have my own experience with it. Should it work as planned then I'll cancel all other packages and rely on the one alone and maybe upgrade to 5g standard once it hits my area

Personally I doubt rain even knows just how good they have it and the fact that they are sitting on a gold mine that can give them so much exposure and clients right now in the crisis the world is facing. It was valued more than telkom the other day (although this was due to telkom dropping in value.) With the whole working from home stance people have Rain is so well positioned to make a killing and emerge as the to go provider for internet provided one has coverage.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Maybe someone should remind Rain of the handful of people who broke BBM, and similarly to some extent WhatsApp.

Reactions: JoE

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
I'll update you guys once it happens on my end - seems that the new info is you can migrate but one needs to call in or even ask via live chat. I'm willing to try it out and then i'll comment and give feedback. I am just concerned that its an answered prayer but one clothed in an attire that I did not expect but i'll try reserve judgement till I have my own experience with it. Should it work as planned then I'll cancel all other packages and rely on the one alone and maybe upgrade to 5g standard once it hits my area

Personally I doubt rain even knows just how good they have it and the fact that they are sitting on a gold mine that can give them so much exposure and clients right now in the crisis the world is facing. It was valued more than telkom the other day (although this was due to telkom dropping in value.) With the whole working from home stance people have Rain is so well positioned to make a killing and emerge as the to go provider for internet provided one has coverage.
Tried that but the salesperson said I must cancel my existing 4g/5g service and order again. I'm not going to do that.

phly

Expert Member
Tried that but the salesperson said I must cancel my existing 4g/5g service and order again. I'm not going to do that.
Apparently the new info trickling down is you dont have to. One just needs to call in and request to be upgraded. I think not every "customer rep" is aware of that but thats why I said i'll report back once I am successful just to ensure that my said process actually works before making all kinds of bold claims.

PS I did the migration on another sim and not my standard 4G sim just incase the service is not as expected I am not inconvenienced.