No Data connection but full signal

ultraviolet150

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone else experiences a similar situation, but I have basically a non-existent data connection in the Hatfield area, namely on TUKS campus. I live in Faerie Glen/Olympus just outside Menlyn and I have the same problem there. I have perfect gsm signal and calls are fine. Data... not so much. I checked the coverage map on cellc's website and its supposedly perfectly covered. There is a huge CellC problem especially on the TUKS campus.

-Ultraviolet150

EDIT:
It looks like we are being heard. but "localised congestion" I think not! one of the quotes in the article are from myself and another customer who posted in this thread.
http://mybroadband.co.za/news/cellul...-backlash.html

Here is what CellC has to say, rather late than never I guess.

Cell C data connection problem

Cell C has conducted a high-level investigation of the network, following complaints by customers who were unable to connect to the Internet despite strong signal. Cell C together with its vendor Huawei uncovered an underlying problem on our IT platform. Cell C and Huawei are working around the clock to find a solution to the problem.

Cell C will communicate details as soon as we have more information. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Edit: The problem persists, even after the above statement from CellC

Last edited:

SAdata

CellC seems to be having a major issue with this - lots of people having this problem. Could be due to congestion could be due to something else. How to fix it? I unfortunately dont know! :(

ebendl

Expert Member
I also had a day where both of my CellC connections where next to useless.

The first I have in a Mifi device in my car. Usually I can get around 1 - 2 Mbps down driving around the Menlyn area, but today NOTHING went through.

I just tried my ZTE stick plugged into my router and there was also nothing!

Hoping this is only an issue today?

Segg

Expert Member
On my S3 the data connection will just die out all of a sudden, just turn cellular data on and off then its fine again, same thing with my router when using cellc but again I just turn it on and off, have been having the problem for about 1.5 weeks :crying:

RichardG

Honorary Master
The question is does CELL C have enough bandwidth to supply all their CELL C customers needs and requires cos iPhone launched on their network and there are many eager customers wanting to get their hands on the phone.

I am no expert just giving my opinion haven't used CELL C in ages but will test their data network once my 8TA bundle runs out end of FEB.

ultraviolet150

On my S3 the data connection will just die out all of a sudden, just turn cellular data on and off then its fine again, same thing with my router when using cellc but again I just turn it on and off, have been having the problem for about 1.5 weeks :crying:

I'm also using my S3 and everyday on TUKS campus there's literally no connection. Reception is sort of mediocre but data is non existent. Resetting the data connection does nothing. Neither at home nor at University. Surely I can't be the only guy trying to use CellC on campus? CellCs losing a lot of money.

ultraviolet150

Same **** again today. University of Pretoria, full signal and H+ on my S3, it still refuses to connect to the net. I've now got it forced to GSM just to get a connection. I'm sick if this. Moving to Voda this weekend. I've had enough!

bavmorda

Every few days i have the same problem. Data connection just dies. I have to restart. Firstly i thought it is my phone till i went oversees fro three weeks and guess what. Not a single problem with the same phone for three weeks. What a pleasure to use and my battery was lasting at least one day longer. Back to SA and i got dropped calls, no data ... etc. In my house if i'm in my bed room no one can hear me, but in my lounge is more or less fine. Just terrible, awful quality network. Spoke to Cell C more then year ago about this problem. In typical african way, nothing was done.

maumau

Honorary Master
Last edited:

Haldex

Expert Member
Same problem in Waterkloof, Full signal but constant timeouts, its like BIS horror again!!

Solitude

Executive Member
I hate this. I can't believe I spent my money on a Giga 200. I want a refund. :(

reactor_sa

Executive Member
Same problem in sandton cbd. On h+ there's no data even though signal is good. Force to gsm to get any data.

broken1

Expert Member
Same problem in sandton cbd. On h+ there's no data even though signal is good. Force to gsm to get any data.

Please log a call and PM the CellC Reps on the forum...I have the same issue and it's sooo frustrating.