Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Hey Afriman

Signed up here as well.
Webafrica though only allows me to cancel at the end of August.

Trying to find out if I can terminate earlier with a penalty but good luck to me getting any quick response from them.

On the other hand. Switched to AirMobile over the weekend. Quickest Port to MTN and Provisioning ever. So well done.
I’m going all-in with Afrihost.

1Gbps Fibre customer here :)
That is absolutely awesome. Pure and Air - I mean, how can you go wrong? ;)

Seeyou

Expert Member
Any reason your 200/200 package on Octotel is so expensive compared to other providers and other ISPs?

skusku

AfriMan

What is the procedure for transferring my openserve Fibre to your network from CISP?
Also, do they allow immediate cancellations with penalties and then I give that invoice to your account department?

sand_man

Honorary Master
Yeah, if you pay a penalty to cancel immediately, we'll cover that on your credit up the R5K total value. :)
Mmmmm, so let me understand this right. I've given Home-connect notice. They holding me liable for August though but I've asked them to return my line to Vumatel ASAP so I can switch to Afrihost. I'll be billed R2288 for the month of August which I assume is for my own account. I have my own top end router so don't require Afrihost's. My understanding of the R5k rebate is I won't be billed for the first 3 months of service? So if I somehow go live on Afrihost tomorrow, the 23rd of July 2019, I will be billed on the 1st of November 2019, R1497 for the month of November plus R386 for 8 days of July (1000/100 account)? Bit contrived, correct me if I'm wrong...

Nimz

Expert Member
Mmmmm, so let me understand this right. I've given Home-connect notice. They holding me liable for August though but I've asked them to return my line to Vumatel ASAP so I can switch to Afrihost. I'll be billed R2288 for the month of August which I assume is for my own account. I have my own top end router so don't require Afrihost's. My understanding of the R5k rebate is I won't be billed for the first 3 months of service? So if I somehow go live on Afrihost tomorrow, the 23rd of July 2019, I will be billed on the 1st of November 2019, R1497 for the month of November plus R386 for 8 days of July (1000/100 account)? Bit contrived, correct me if I'm wrong...
If you go live on the 23rd - that it will be the start of the 1st month which ends on the 31st (So 7 days and 2 months free) - not sure about the rest

Fjorko

Expert Member
You go live on 23rd - so your month 1 is from 23-31 July ( Pro-rata month )
Month 2 = 1 Aug - 31- Aug <-------this is the last free month for NEW connections
Month 3 ( if you transferred your existing line ) = 1 Sept - 30 Sept

From 1 Oct you start getting billed

Last edited:

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
Month 2 = 1 Aug - 31- Aug <-------this is the last free month for NEW connections

Eish! I'm moving during the course3 of this week - once my ISP has managed to get my line released. Right now they're struggling and have asked Vumatel for assistance.

jgoosen206

@AfriMan

Afrihost just invoiced me for August the the full R1,497.00 !!

Where are my freebies?

cavedog

Honorary Master
The R2288 you will be liable for but you get it back as a credit from Afrihost.So you get your 2 and a few days free then + the R2288credit should see you through just short of another 2 months after the free months if that makes sense so cancelling and getting the R2288 credit might actually be better because you will get just short of 2 months service for that price. Also the router you can just take because it falls into that R5k balance like this.

Should you cancel right now. Pay R2288 to Home Connect.

Switch to Afrihost. 22 to 31 July free. 1 - 31 Aug free. 1 - 30 Sept free. Then billing starts but you have R2288 credit so 1 - 31 Oct free and then for 1 - 30 Novmber you just pay the balance which would be R714 then 1 - 31 December you would start getting billed full price of R1497.

So your R5k will be R5000- R999 (vumatel activation) - R999 (dlink router) - R2288 (home connect cancellation) and you still have room to spare.

sand_man

Honorary Master
The R2288 you will be liable for but you get it back as a credit from Afrihost.So you get your 2 and a few days free then + the R2288credit should see you through just short of another 2 months after the free months if that makes sense so cancelling and getting the R2288 credit might actually be better because you will get just short of 2 months service for that price. Also the router you can just take because it falls into that R5k balance like this.

Should you cancel right now. Pay R2288 to Home Connect.

Switch to Afrihost. 22 to 31 July free. 1 - 31 Aug free. 1 - 30 Sept free. Then billing starts but you have R2288 credit so 1 - 31 Oct free and then for 1 - 30 Novmber you just pay the balance which would be R714 then 1 - 31 December you would start getting billed full price of R1497.

So your R5k will be R5000- R999 (vumatel activation) - R999 (dlink router) - R2288 (home connect cancellation) and you still have room to spare.
Really?! Gees, it's confusing man but that would be ideal!!

I thought the free months is part of the R5k subsidy?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Really?! Gees, it's confusing man but that would be ideal!!

I thought the free months is part of the R5k subsidy?
Sounds confusing but simple to understand. 3 months free is separate so you get that by migrating to them. The R5k is for everything you claim after that like the R999 Vumatel Activation. The R999 for the router and then what ever amount you claim for cancellation. Since the R5k can not be carried over I would suggest taking the router because it's free and included in the R5k. Then claiming the cancellation fee by sending email to accounts@afrihost.com and then 2 days they credit your account with it.

The only issue is you would need to pay home connect the R2288 for the cancellation if you want it right now or just wait cancellation period but doesn't make sense because you would still need to pay home connect.

You won't be able to claim the R2288 if you decide to wait another 30 before the line is released as far as I know it must be as a cancellation/penalty fee for cancelling now.

skusku

If you take the free router from afrihost as part of the deal, would you need to return it one day if you cancel the subscription?