Home-Connect ISP Feedback

Excalibur

Expert Member
London on a 100/100 Home-Connect line on Frogfoot.

1588879204172.png

Last edited:

VettieOriginal

Hello all, so they investigated and said they cant see a fault and the ticket is closed

I have asked for the balance of the installation cost to move over to another ISP

Shpongle

These guys are so inconsistent, international has been kak for months now and then all of a sudden this on a 200/100 line with Frogfoot CPT.
fff.jpg

VettieOriginal

Keep us posted regarding your exodus. I am also sick of them but don't feel like paying the wankers 900 odd bucks to leave.
Well i have been with the, for 7 months (To long) and they telling me its R1244.00 if i cancel now.

Afrihost is giving R5000.00 credit so in theory if i move over to them then i will not pay in at all as they will credit the settlement from my bill as discussed with there sales @AfriGuy @AfriFella @Afrihost-Gian shed some light on your promotion please and how it works? Dont want to pull you into a Sh*t storm so you can only maybe help us with a few things

1. What router do you issue for 100mb lines?
2. How does the promotion work with the credit?
3. What is your policy on international speed?

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
Well i have been with the, for 7 months (To long) and they telling me its R1244.00 if i cancel now.

Afrihost is giving R5000.00 credit so in theory if i move over to them then i will not pay in at all as they will credit the settlement from my bill as discussed with there sales @AfriGuy @AfriFella @Afrihost-Gian shed some light on your promotion please and how it works? Dont want to pull you into a Sh*t storm so you can only maybe help us with a few things

1. What router do you issue for 100mb lines?
2. How does the promotion work with the credit?
3. What is your policy on international speed?
Hey VettieOriginal
Thank you for reaching out to us.

1. We issue the Dlink DIR 825 WiFi router
2. The credit covers the migration/cancellation, activation and router charges.
3. Our pure fibre network is uncapped, unshaped and unthrottled. This applies to local and international speeds

VettieOriginal

Hey VettieOriginal
Thank you for reaching out to us.

1. We issue the Dlink DIR 825 WiFi router
2. The credit covers the migration/cancellation, activation and router charges.
3. Our pure fibre network is uncapped, unshaped and unthrottled. This applies to local and international speeds
Brilliant!! Thanks so much

Okay can we process the migration online and only from the 01/07/2020? Will the promotion still be valid?

How does the hand over work will i have uninterrupted internet? Basically will you send the router before the 1st and then i can just set up and log in on the 1st so i have my connection or is there a little more to the story that meets the non IT guys eye?

Thanks for the super fast response!

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
Brilliant!! Thanks so much

Okay can we process the migration online and only from the 01/07/2020? Will the promotion still be valid?

How does the hand over work will i have uninterrupted internet? Basically will you send the router before the 1st and then i can just set up and log in on the 1st so i have my connection or is there a little more to the story that meets the non IT guys eye?

Thanks for the super fast response!
The offer will most likely be available in July. You can sign up before the 1st of July, our warehouse team will do their best to get your router delivered on time.

jeppe777

I've decided I am going to cancel hc and move, any idea how long the whole process takes to switch over to another isp?

tkburn

Anyones international traffic down tonight? I had to switch over to my seacom/octotel fibre line , so Im not sure if its HC or frogfoot

Edit:
Never mind , I see frogfoot has maintainece scheduled for my node tonight

Last edited:

tkburn

I've decided to stay with HC and just purchased the fastest VPN possible. In the end the product offering is cheap enough that I can pay the monthly fees and an ExpressVPN subscription and still pay less that the next cheapest available package with the added benefit of having a more secure connection. With the VPN now I'm managing to get 190/190 to London and 200/200 locally

tkburn

Im with HC...how does one get a local and internstional line? Im on 50/50 package. Is there an additional cost or what am i missing?
you already have both local and international but some customers seem to have their international speeds throttled it seems