MTN SuperSonic Feedback

WhyyEbucksWhy

Thanks for all the testing Cavedog. Convinced me to go with Supersonic instead of Cool Ideas (installation fee was a bit steep). My landlord was busy signing up with them but said that when entering his backing details he noticed their site didn't have standard https security. I'm not too clued up on this stuff so was wondering if you also noticed this?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Thanks for all the testing Cavedog. Convinced me to go with Supersonic instead of Cool Ideas (installation fee was a bit steep). My landlord was busy signing up with them but said that when entering his backing details he noticed their site didn't have standard https security. I'm not too clued up on this stuff so was wondering if you also noticed this?
I did not notice it but I use a secondary account for my debit orders anyways so don't have an issue with that. The callcentre can sign you up anyways so you can skip the online process completely as the online process once done the agent will call to confirm details anyways. So for faster results calling the callcentre would mean your application gets processed immediately.

BTW I created this thread just to give feedback on Supersonic. If people find the feedback useful then I'm happy. I also noticed that Cool Ideas 10Mbps option is R499 and if I was looking at the 10Mbps fibre option I would have likely gone with Cool Ideas.

From what I have seen and experienced these are probably my best rated ISP's
Supersonic
A360
Cipherwave/home-connect
Level-7
Cool Ideas
Rocketnet

VegOtter

I did not notice it but I use a secondary account for my debit orders anyways so don't have an issue with that. The callcentre can sign you up anyways so you can skip the online process completely as the online process once done the agent will call to confirm details anyways. So for faster results calling the callcentre would mean your application gets processed immediately.

BTW I created this thread just to give feedback on Supersonic. If people find the feedback useful then I'm happy. I also noticed that Cool Ideas 10Mbps option is R499 and if I was looking at the 10Mbps fibre option I would have likely gone with Cool Ideas.

From what I have seen and experienced these are probably my best rated ISP's
Supersonic
A360
Cipherwave/home-connect
Level-7
Cool Ideas
Rocketnet
It will likely end up being the official feedback thread as I couldn't find one that is like the CoolIdeas one.

Arrival

Hi guys I'm thinking of getting the 20/20 deal for 899 with vumatel. As I understand it you can cancel within the first month without any charge? However is the 24month clawback after that on the router and install or only the installation?

Also which router do they supply and is your experience good thus far?
Thanks

cavedog

Honorary Master
Hi guys I'm thinking of getting the 20/20 deal for 899 with vumatel. As I understand it you can cancel within the first month without any charge? However is the 24month clawback after that on the router and install or only the installation?

Also which router do they supply and is your experience good thus far?
Thanks
They supply the Zyxel VMG3625-T20A router. It's a Gigabit router which is nice and offers dual band wifi.

You can confirm with Supersonic by dropping them a mail or call but the 24 month clawback was applicable to people signing up before the 1 month free try is promo which is still running.

You can cancel anytime from what Supersonic told me but just confirm with them. Once you cancel you return the router they supply though.

I have not used them for very long bit I got a 100/50 Openserve fibre line with Supersonic and so far everything is unshaped and uncapped no matter what. If I want to torrent at 8pm at night it works at full speed no issues at all.

Latency is pretty decent and streaming everything including twitch and dstv now in 1080p with no buffer whatsoever.

Arrival

They supply the Zyxel VMG3625-T20A router. It's a Gigabit router which is nice and offers dual band wifi.

You can confirm with Supersonic by dropping them a mail or call but the 24 month clawback was applicable to people signing up before the 1 month free try is promo which is still running.

You can cancel anytime from what Supersonic told me but just confirm with them. Once you cancel you return the router they supply though.

I have not used them for very long bit I got a 100/50 Openserve fibre line with Supersonic and so far everything is unshaped and uncapped no matter what. If I want to torrent at 8pm at night it works at full speed no issues at all.

Latency is pretty decent and streaming everything including twitch and dstv now in 1080p with no buffer whatsoever.
Cool but I'm guessing they remove the box installed in your house also if cancelling?

Also when I phoned they confirmed there's a 24 month clawback after the one month free. For the installation of 1700

cavedog

Honorary Master
Cool but I'm guessing they remove the box installed in your house also if cancelling?

Also when I phoned they confirmed there's a 24 month clawback after the one more free. For the installation of 1700
In that case the ONT on Openserve and the Vumatel terminal or whatever that is would stay because you will pay the clawback.

That said it's a prorata clawback that decreases monthly though so it will be less than 1700.

phil77

I had a chat with an agent on their online portal and he told me that they take 7 to 14 days to activate your account when switching isps. Ridiculous.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Supersonic has been sooo good since I got them but I just can't get over the fact that for R100 more p/m I can get double my speed to 200/100 on Cellc. :unsure:

dasdk

no problem. I'm guessing you have a Zyxel too from Supersonic that has the UI disabled?
No but I have given cellc notice in order to move to supersonic ....very happy with cfibre ....been with them since April 2017 ...keen to try others especially on promo offers...

cavedog

Honorary Master
Downloading a public torrent at 6.4MB/s because of low peers and it's uploading at 4MB/s. Also streaming Carte Blanche on DSTV now at 1080p and on my laptop have a twitch stream open. No buffering at all. It's just working perfectly. Supersonic is really Super :)

wingnut771

Executive Member
Downloading a public torrent at 6.4MB/s because of low peers and it's uploading at 4MB/s. Also streaming Carte Blanche on DSTV now at 1080p and on my laptop have a twitch stream open. No buffering at all. It's just working perfectly. Supersonic is really Super :)
Well, on Openserve.

Looney

Expert Member
The highest they have is 100/100 on Vuma Aerial. Damn, was hoping they had a 200mb or 1gbs package.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Well, on Openserve.
Well yes. You would think Openserve would be worse because IPC is still very expensive so ISP's won't buy tons of IPC unless they need it. SO for Supersonic to be this good on Openserve is a bit surprising actually.

wingnut771

Executive Member
Well yes. You would think Openserve would be worse because IPC is still very expensive so ISP's won't buy tons of IPC unless they need it. SO for Supersonic to be this good on Openserve is a bit surprising actually.
I know, the greedy ****ers.

cavedog

Honorary Master
The highest they have is 100/100 on Vuma Aerial. Damn, was hoping they had a 200mb or 1gbs package.
This is probably the only reason I am actually considering moving to another ISP. I'm really happy with the service but Supersonic told me no plans to offer 200Mbps Openserve just yet but i will get notified as soon as it does become available. So I have my eyes on 200Mbps C-Fibre or 200Mbps Openseve line only with Vox fatpipe 400GB account. Will see but the service is soooo good they making it so difficult.