MTN SuperSonic Feedback

cavedog

Honorary Master
Took the 100/100 package on Vumatel. From my tests the speeds are consistently above 100 for both upload and download. Coming from 20mbps i think 100mbps is overkill for my needs. I only use it to watch netflix and youtube and the occasional torrent. I am certain i will cancel it for a slower/cheaper off
I don't think 100Mbps is overkill at all. But a 50/50 would probably be a sweet spot on Vumatel to do everything you want on the net.

dasdk

R1730 but it's not offered yet but they made a plan for me not to cancel my service. It's not a bad price for Openserve 200Mbps although C-Fibre is still a bit cheaper at R1599.
Awesome and you got free WiFi extenders those are the plume extenders priced at R1299 each so that’s a good deal.....
I will be buying those, if you buy 2 you get one free and with one months free trial you effectively paying for only one

cavedog

Honorary Master
Awesome and you got free WiFi extenders those are the plume extenders priced at R1299 each so that’s a good deal.....
I will be buying those, if you buy 2 you get one free and with one months free trial you effectively paying for only one
Also when I signed up I was initially on the 100Mbps package but they made an exception and upgraded me to 200Mbps for R1730 which is nice and they said I will continue on my free month which is also a bonus.

wingnut771

Executive Member
Also when I signed up I was initially on the 100Mbps package but they made an exception and upgraded me to 200Mbps for R1730 which is nice and they said I will continue on my free month which is also a bonus.
I wonder if wifi extenders only come with openserve?

We have Vuma in our area that according to the site, went live mid nov, unfortunately, I'm still waiting for anybody to contact me to install my CPE box.

EDIT: Vuma charge installation and Openserve don't, so I don't think we'll get all the those goodies.

cavedog

Honorary Master
I wonder if wifi extenders only come with openserve?

We have Vuma in our area that according to the site, went live mid nov, unfortunately, I'm still waiting for anybody to contact me to install my CPE box.

EDIT: Vuma charge installation and Openserve don't, so I don't think we'll get all the those goodies.
Openserve also charges installation actually. Openserve is the most expensive on installation costs from ALL the fibre networks @ R2850. Supersonic covered all those costs and activation and the router and 1 month free. If you do stay after the free month you have a 24 month pro rata clawaback for the free installation which is reasonable because it beats the providers that you have to pay the installation up front and when you cancel you just pay back a portion which is nice.

Supersonic told me that if I cancel they release the B number to the new ISP so I don't have to pay for installation again just activation which Openserve charges R500 for each time the B number (fibre line) gets transferred.

Supersonic charges for the extra wifi extenders but they are will to give it to you at discount or free as an offer not to cancel but I won't bargain on it though i think they just want to climb the ranks as best ISP.

I can't believe Supersonic is actually MTN because the service is amazing. I'm looking for the hidden cameras because this can't be MTN :laugh:

KinsZA

Expert Member
Openserve also charges installation actually. Openserve is the most expensive on installation costs from ALL the fibre networks @ R2850. Supersonic covered all those costs and activation and the router and 1 month free. If you do stay after the free month you have a 24 month pro rata clawaback for the free installation which is reasonable because it beats the providers that you have to pay the installation up front and when you cancel you just pay back a portion which is nice.

Supersonic told me that if I cancel they release the B number to the new ISP so I don't have to pay for installation again just activation which Openserve charges R500 for each time the B number (fibre line) gets transferred.

Supersonic charges for the extra wifi extenders but they are will to give it to you at discount or free as an offer not to cancel but I won't bargain on it though i think they just want to climb the ranks as best ISP.

I can't believe Supersonic is actually MTN because the service is amazing. I'm looking for the hidden cameras because this can't be MTN :laugh:
Openserve has periods where they dont charge for installation, when I first signed up for fiber with telkom before moving over to cool ideas Telkom waived the installation fee (I opted not for contract) due to Openserve doing free installations at the time, I did have to bring it up and its up to the digression of the sales consultant.

A 24 month pro rata on the installation is pretty bad, considering the only ranges I've seen so far is none at all (Though router return or charge is in there) to 6 months.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Supersonic has now updated their website with 200Mbps and 1Gbps packages. I see they show Openserve 200 @ R1749 and Vumatel 200/200 @ R1499. Vumatel 1Gbps @ R2599

Looney

Expert Member
Supersonic has now updated their website with 200Mbps and 1Gbps packages. I see they show Openserve 200 @ R1749 and Vumatel 200/200 @ R1499. Vumatel 1Gbps @ R2599
Not bad at all. So do you reckon they better than CISP?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Not bad at all. So do you reckon they better than CISP?
I have never used CISP so can't comment on that but Supersonic has been the best internet I have ever used. Since I got it Twitch NEVER buffers. Torrents are unshaped. Everything just works. Full line speed no matter what and I'm on 2.1TB for the first month this far.

Looney

Expert Member
I have never used CISP so can't comment on that but Supersonic has been the best internet I have ever used. Since I got it Twitch NEVER buffers. Torrents are unshaped. Everything just works. Full line speed no matter what and I'm on 2.1TB for the first month this far.
Hmmm interesting. Sounds promising. I’ll keep checking back on this thread.

wingnut771

Executive Member

This is the part holding me back.:unsure:

cavedog

Honorary Master
Hmmm interesting. Sounds promising. I’ll keep checking back on this thread.
I only saw this kind off performance from one fibre network/isp I used before. Aeonova360/A360.

Left torrents seeding for a full month doing 20tb of data and they had no issue with it all. If I can I would probably recommend them for people on Openserve and 100Mbps.

cavedog

Honorary Master
So since Openserve went live in the area we got Telkom, Vox, Mweb and Cellc flyers stuck to the gates. The pole I was connected to first btw now looks like a fishing reel mess already. They better not cut my line with all these installations.

StoneCold

Expert Member
So since Openserve went live in the area we got Telkom, Vox, Mweb and Cellc flyers stuck to the gates. The pole I was connected to first btw now looks like a fishing reel mess already. They better not cut my line with all these installations.
LOL, how many lines do you reckon? My pole has about 4 (incl. mine) so it still looks tidy. Post a pic sometime if you can.

Speaking of cutting lines, the techies that came to install my fibre had to get a cable team to investigate the box before they spliced my line because previously other techies "stole" the connections of people that were connected already in the same box and didn't want to make a mistake.

Here's hoping it doesn't happen to you.

cavedog

Honorary Master
LOL, how many lines do you reckon? My pole has about 4 (incl. mine) so it still looks tidy. Post a pic sometime if you can.

Speaking of cutting lines, the techies that came to install my fibre had to get a cable team to investigate the box before they spliced my line because previously other techies "stole" the connections of people that were connected already in the same box and didn't want to make a mistake.

Here's hoping it doesn't happen to you.
Will do. So i stay in a granny flat and there are 2 granny flats and the main house. When I got the fibre installed the landlord and the tenant at the back also got fibre installed. It's 3 line just on the property I live. Then I see 2 running to the house at the back. I can see it's fibre lines because they are hooked on the top. The installers use a very clever yet simple way to suspend fibre lines. They take normal thick fence wires and roll them around a steel staff making like a coil and then they fold the end into a hook which they then hook on the poll and the roof. Very clever actually. Keeps the fibre straight and gripped at the same time. Will take a pic this weekend.