MTN SuperSonic Feedback

cavedog

Honorary Master
After much testing looks like qbitorrent with a disk cache size of between 2.5 and 3GB is the best to max torrent speeds without overloading the disk.

qbitorrent_supersonic.png

cavedog

Honorary Master
IGNORE this result.

Just for fun playing around with dispatch proxy adding my Telkom 4G+ to the mix for a speedtest. :p

telkom_supersonic_st.png

Reactions: Yuu

sand_man

Honorary Master
Supersonic has now updated their website with 200Mbps and 1Gbps packages. I see they show Openserve 200 @ R1749 and Vumatel 200/200 @ R1499. Vumatel 1Gbps @ R2599
Mmmmm, I needed this thread a week ago....

cavedog

Honorary Master
I'm relaxing cooking dinner with music playing on pc in the background and phone rings.

It's Supersonic again with a courtesy to find out if I'm happy with the service and if he can offer me any technical support. Asking how the wifi performance is and speedtest. Explaining me the supersonic website to view billing and how to make manual payments if I want too. Asking if I'm happy with turnaround times of support tickets ect and how friendly and helpful the staff is.

I'm impressed by the service and the courtesy calls I've been getting.

Screenshot_20190120-140114_Truecaller.jpg

Ayatolla

I see they've extended the promotion to end of february. I applied for the free trial in Decemder. Just waiting for them to install. They had a few issues with the positioning of the lamp posts...

cavedog

Honorary Master
supersonic_fibre_p2p.png

Just me downloading a torrent @ 8:30pm during peak time maxing my line with Supersonic :)

sand_man

Honorary Master
This is what I get on my '1Gbps' home-connect account....

Jokes on me....

cavedog

Honorary Master
This is what I get on my '1Gbps' home-connect account....

Jokes on me....
Ohh no yeah that is a joke for a 1Gbps connection wow you should be averaging between 150-200Mbps at least on single. You deciding of moving again?

sand_man

Honorary Master
Ohh no yeah that is a joke for a 1Gbps connection wow you should be averaging between 150-200Mbps at least on single. You deciding of moving again?
Well, I've thought about the Supersonic 1Gbps.
I'll moan and complain till the end of the month and if it isn't performing better I'll tell them to release the line back to Vumatel with immediate effect. None of their calendar months notice BS. From there maybe I'll try Supersonic?

Looney

Expert Member
On the Vumatel site it shows the max speed is 100/100 but on the supersonic site it says they offer 1000/100 on Vumatel. Confused.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Well, I've thought about the Supersonic 1Gbps.
I'll moan and complain till the end of the month and if it isn't performing better I'll tell them to release the line back to Vumatel with immediate effect. None of their calendar months notice BS. From there maybe I'll try Supersonic?
Well it's a bit steep and obviously all my feedback is based on Supersonic on Openserve but hey if you want that would be decent feedback for Supersonic on Vumatel. It's R2599 which is R689 more than Home-connect which is a bit steep imo but you have the option of downgrading back to the 200/200.

On the Vumatel site it shows the max speed is 100/100 but on the supersonic site it says they offer 1000/100 on Vumatel. Confused.
Yeah they only added the 200Mbps+ packages after I moaned for like 1 week or so. I'm guessing Vumatel still needs to update the shop with the new packages.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Well it's a bit steep and obviously all my feedback is based on Supersonic on Openserve but hey if you want that would be decent feedback for Supersonic on Vumatel. It's R2599 which is R689 more than Home-connect which is a bit steep imo but you have the option of downgrading back to the 200/200.

Yeah they only added the 200Mbps+ packages after I moaned for like 1 week or so. I'm guessing Vumatel still needs to update the shop with the new packages.
Home Connect is R2288 so the price difference is R311...

Vumatel are crap IMHO. For me they the weakest link in the fibre chain of supply.

I have openserve in my area too. Maybe I should bite the bullet and dump vumatel as well?

What pisses me off a bit is cool ideas was performing possibly the best I've ever sent it, in the last couple of weeks of my subscription.

Anyway....