MTN SuperSonic Feedback

cavedog

Honorary Master
Supersonic.... Wow what can I say. Brilliant. Edith the sales manager gave me a call now. They don't want me to cancel so they offering me Openserve 200Mbps for R1730 per month uncapped unshaped and she asked me if this will make me stay :love: because they wanted to install free wifi extenders to make my experience better and I told them no I'm considering to cancel because of no 200Mbps Openserve option and C-Fibre has it for R1599. So they told me NO wait let's see what we can do. :giggle:

Great service. I guess they don't want to lose money because if I cancel during the Trial the lose a lot. Very excited. She is giving me a call again tomorrow to confirm the details and place upgrade order. :giggle:

Last edited:

StoneCold

Expert Member
Supersonic.... Wow what can I say. Brilliant. Edith the sales manager gave me a call now. They don't want me to cancel so they offering me Openserve 200Mbps for R1730 per month uncapped unshaped and she asked me if this will make me stay :love: because they wanted to install free wifi extenders to make my experience better and I told them no I'm considering to cancel because of no 200Mbps Openserve option and C-Fibre has it for R1599. So they told me NO wait let's see what we can do. :giggle:

Great service. I guess they don't want to lose money because if I cancel during the Trial the lose a lot. Very excited. She is giving me a call again tomorrow to confirm the details and place upgrade order. :giggle:
Nice one. Somewhat jealous but still happy with what I have :)

cavedog

Honorary Master
Nice one. Somewhat jealous but still happy with what I have :)
The thing is I have my Telkom uncapped sim @ R529 pm giving me like 88Mbps stable on the B618 so the 100Mbps was like meh this is nice but not wow and I had A360 100/100 at my previous place so it was just okay. Now 200Mbps got me excited and judging by how good the 100Mbps has been thus far I'm really looking forward to burn through some speedtests.

Looney

Expert Member
The thing is I have my Telkom uncapped sim @ R529 pm giving me like 88Mbps stable on the B618 so the 100Mbps was like meh this is nice but not wow and I had A360 100/100 at my previous place so it was just okay. Now 200Mbps got me excited and judging by how good the 100Mbps has been thus far I'm really looking forward to burn through some speedtests.
Very interested to see how the 200/200 performs on Supersonic.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Very interested to see how the 200/200 performs on Supersonic.
It will be a 200/100 though. Openserve. :)

She gave me her personal cellphone number and told me to phone anytime if I get stuck with anything. That is pretty decent.

StoneCold

Expert Member
I understand. If I were in your position I would do the same :D

It will be a 200/100 though. Openserve. :)

She gave me her personal cellphone number and told me to phone anytime if I get stuck with anything. That is pretty decent.
Yoh, not bad. Looking forward to seeing your results :cool:

Reactions: Yuu

cavedog

Honorary Master
They phoned me now and said the Upgrade order has been processed and I should test speeds. At work now so can't test anything but will tonight. They said they will follow up tonight around 6 to 7pm to confirm if everything is working as it should.

StoneCold

Expert Member
They phoned me now and said the Upgrade order has been processed and I should test speeds. At work now so can't test anything but will tonight. They said they will follow up tonight around 6 to 7pm to confirm if everything is working as it should.
Noice, keep us posted :)

cavedog

Honorary Master
Still on 100Mbps but they did give me a call around 7pm. She is still waiting on confirmation from Openserve. So maybe today or tomorrow. :)

Yuu

Expert Member
@StoneCold Wait until he posts his combined TM LTE + Supersonic 200Mbps speedtests :love:. This gonna be fun.

Actually wondering now if we can't get our backwards town :rolleyes: to get MTN Supersonic. Hmmm

Great feedback @cavedog .

Yuu

Expert Member
@dasdk You didn't read any posts :rolleyes:.

This isn't finalised pricing so don't hold them to it. :p

cavedog

Honorary Master
@cavedog at what price did they offer this line speed?
R1730 but it's not offered yet but they made a plan for me not to cancel my service. It's not a bad price for Openserve 200Mbps although C-Fibre is still a bit cheaper at R1599.

phil77

Took the 100/100 package on Vumatel. From my tests the speeds are consistently above 100 for both upload and download. Coming from 20mbps i think 100mbps is overkill for my needs. I only use it to watch netflix and youtube and the occasional torrent. I am certain i will cancel it for a slower/cheaper off

cavedog

Honorary Master
Took the 100/100 package on Vumatel. From my tests the speeds are consistently above 100 for both upload and download. Coming from 20mbps i think 100mbps is overkill for my needs. I only use it to watch netflix and youtube and the occasional torrent. I am certain i will cancel it for a slower/cheaper off
From which ISP did you switch?