MTN SuperSonic Feedback

wingnut771

Executive Member
They supply the Zyxel VMG3625-T20A

As mentioned before don't forget to delete those certs otherwise your router UI will be locked and you won't have access to any settings.

Also what speed did you get?
:thumbsup:
Settled on 50/50 being the happy medium if not a little over-kill.

dotdan

Has anyone tested Supersonic as far as gaming is concerned? Looking especially at EU servers. Is the latency stable at around 160?

I read somewhere that Twitch runs great through Supersonic, is this still the case?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Has anyone tested Supersonic as far as gaming is concerned? Looking especially at EU servers. Is the latency stable at around 160?

I read somewhere that Twitch runs great through Supersonic, is this still the case?
Well depends what games and where the servers are located. Any EUW servers will be like 165ms to 175ms Local gaming servers if you are located in Gauteng area will be 5ms on average. Twitch streaming just work. It never buffers. I have an Openserve line and tested 4 ISP's and only Supersonic and Vox was buffer free. Cybersmart and Axxess was buffering even with speedtests showing 200Mbps.

I would really recommend Supersonic to anyone on Openserve. On other networks like Vumatel ect I don't know because I only use them on Openserve but they are really good. If you are not happy then the first free trial month is ideal for canceling. It's a no obligation free trial.

Reactions: Yuu

dotdan

Thanks, it sounds good so far.

I am with Vuma, so hoping someone with any exp will come forth and testify.. :laugh:

D.B.Cooper

Expert Member
I'm interested in Supersonic, but their VoIP seem a bit expensive at R199 compared to others I've seen. Must one use their VoIP solution or can one use a 3rd party, like Switch Telecom, for instance?

cavedog

Honorary Master
I'm interested in Supersonic, but their VoIP seem a bit expensive at R199 compared to others I've seen. Must one use their VoIP solution or can one use a 3rd party, like Switch Telecom, for instance?
Voip with any provider is optional. I don't use any VOIP but you can use any provider you wish.

The R199 p/m fee includes 500min to any local number though so just mentioning that.

D.B.Cooper

Expert Member
Voip with any provider is optional. I don't use any VOIP but you can use any provider you wish.

The R199 p/m fee includes 500min to any local number though so just mentioning that.
Thanks for the info. Don't really need that much airtime, since this is just for occasional use by my mom.

Ayatolla

We request that any witness come forward and state their case :laugh:
Nano fibre is coming to install tomorrow. My area is on Vumatel so I'll be able to give some feedback once I'm up and running. I've only ordered the 20/2 line because I ordered during the early days of the promotion and was a bit skepticle lol.

jasweb

I only saw this kind off performance from one fibre network/isp I used before. Aeonova360/A360.

Left torrents seeding for a full month doing 20tb of data and they had no issue with it all. If I can I would probably recommend them for people on Openserve and 100Mbps.
Saw in a myBB article they will "look" at you only after doing about 10TB per month.. Still not bad

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
So... you say Supersonic have good customer support?

Busy deciding now between a few options.

cavedog

Honorary Master
So... you say Supersonic have good customer support?

Busy deciding now between a few options.
I would say they have very decent support from the time I dealt with them in the start. After my migration to 200Mbps I did not contact them again because it's working as expected.

What fibre network and what options are you looking at?

schuits

Expert Member
I've applied on their site twice now for fibre.
No call...nothing.

Edd69

I applied on the net.... received a call a few days later confirming my application... after that I had to follow up with them, like they doing me a favour... I cancelled the application in the end.... customer service is pathetic.

wingnut771

Executive Member
There's probably so much demand for fibre that until supply outstrips demand, we're just going to have to get used to waiting.

cavedog

Honorary Master
The whatsapp number is pretty responsive otherwise a call the call centre should get you sorted.