MTN SuperSonic Feedback

cavedog

Honorary Master
Home Connect is R2288 so the price difference is R311...

Vumatel are crap IMHO. For me they the weakest link in the fibre chain of supply.

I have openserve in my area too. Maybe I should bite the bullet and dump vumatel as well?

What pisses me off a bit is cool ideas was performing possibly the best I've ever sent it, in the last couple of weeks of my subscription.

Anyway....
Ohh yeah not sure where I got R689 from my bad.

If I had to choose between Vumatel and Openserve I would have chosen Vumatel. Their prices are more affordable and way more ISP options. On Openserve very good network but expensive and limited ISP that actually offer value for money deals on 200Mbps.

Looney

Expert Member

Vumatel are crap IMHO. For me they the weakest link in the fibre chain of supply.

I have openserve in my area too. Maybe I should bite the bullet and dump vumatel as well?

What pisses me off a bit is cool ideas was performing possibly the best I've ever sent it, in the last couple of weeks of my subscription.

Anyway....
Please try this supersonic 1gbs and provide feedback :)

deonmoodley

Anyway....
I would probably get a 100Mbps line from both vuma and openserve using 2 different isps as well and set them to load balance. You should then always have good internet.

Arrival

The guys are coming to do the installation on Friday, no trenching will be needed. What is the maximum cable length they will install free of charge? I'm with Vumatel

cavedog

Honorary Master
The guys are coming to do the installation on Friday, no trenching will be needed. What is the maximum cable length they will install free of charge? I'm with Vumatel
With Vumatel I'm not sure but with Openserve there isn't a limit. The trenching is the issue and that they only allow for 8m of on Openserve but I have Arial Openserve and quite far from the poll but because the flat is 2 storeys they were able to hang it. Very long probably about 15m+ and he rolled 4 circles of extra fibre cable in case a break. Took it into the roof and I pointed him where I wanted it.

Everything was done and free installation from Supersonic.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Support via whatsapp.

Dear Supersonic customer. As part of our efforts to increase our customer service, we have launched a business WhatsApp platform. You can use this to contact us for Support, Account Queries, Sales; or for any other reason. Please use this link to experience supersonic service. https://wa.me/+27832004828

wingnut771

Expert Member
Support via whatsapp.

Dear Supersonic customer. As part of our efforts to increase our customer service, we have launched a business WhatsApp platform. You can use this to contact us for Support, Account Queries, Sales; or for any other reason. Please use this link to experience supersonic service. https://wa.me/+27832004828
I've decided to take supersonic up on their offer. Vumatel are coming on 6 Feb.

cavedog

Honorary Master
No-brainer as I get a free month. Only one I think that's doing this. Will help the exorbitant LTE costs I've been incurring since I cancelled my Telkom line who so efficiently right on time in october.
Very nice. So Supersonic on vumatel. That would be interesting because I commented on Openserve but no Vumatel feedback here. :)

Last night at around 19:30 or so there was increased latency for like 40min or so then returned to normal. Speeds were about 160Mbps or so and 80Mbps international. 40min later it was fine so not sure what happened because it wasn't IPC related the increased latency happened on an IP past the IPC ip.

Fine all day and now. :)

wingnut771

Expert Member
Very nice. So Supersonic on vumatel. That would be interesting because I commented on Openserve but no Vumatel feedback here. :)

Last night at around 19:30 or so there was increased latency for like 40min or so then returned to normal. Speeds were about 160Mbps or so and 80Mbps international. 40min later it was fine so not sure what happened because it wasn't IPC related the increased latency happened on an IP past the IPC ip.

Fine all day and now. :)

Another reason to join, don't have to start a new thread :p

wingnut771

Expert Member
Here's me hoping that because supersonic is still a relatively "new" isp, their pipes are hopefully still empty ;) before they have to start "investigating".

cavedog

Honorary Master
Here's me hoping that because supersonic is still a relatively "new" isp, their pipes are hopefully still empty ;) before they have to start "investigating".
True. I think South Africans have very high expectations when changing to fibre. South AFrica is at a massive disadvantage. Most EU traffic seldom leave the EU and Most NA seldom leave the NA and if it does it's just 150ms away to EU or to Japan/Korea/China. Most of the torrent peers in a swarm is EU/NA. Those countries 1Gbps makes sense and is achievable in most cases. We don't have that luxury and traffic travels especially to NA.

I think South Africans just need to chill a bit.

wingnut771

Expert Member
True. I think South Africans have very high expectations when changing to fibre. South AFrica is at a massive disadvantage. Most EU traffic seldom leave the EU and Most NA seldom leave the NA and if it does it's just 150ms away to EU or to Japan/Korea/China. Most of the torrent peers in a swarm is EU/NA. Those countries 1Gbps makes sense and is achievable in most cases. We don't have that luxury and traffic travels especially to NA.

I think South Africans just need to chill a bit.
My standard response to ISP's now is, but it plays just fine using RAIN/VC LTE (not cell C LTE, as I have both, RD buffers with cell C, not R/VC). That tends to shut most people up, then they start bitching about how expensive LTE data is (that's me), then we'll start on how they dragging their feet on digital migration, then.... jeez, how did I get here.

cavedog

Honorary Master
What router do we get with supersonic?
They supply the Zyxel VMG3625-T20A

As mentioned before don't forget to delete those certs otherwise your router UI will be locked and you won't have access to any settings.

Also what speed did you get?