MTN SuperSonic Feedback

dasdk

The whatsapp number is pretty responsive otherwise a call the call centre should get you sorted.
Yep agree
Call centre is just a waste of airtime
Was activated on supersonic today on vumatel and WhatsApp support activated the line had to do was reboot my cpe

cavedog

Honorary Master
Yep agree
Call centre is just a waste of airtime
Was activated on supersonic today on vumatel and WhatsApp support activated the line had to do was reboot my cpe
How is Supersonic performing on Vumatel btw :)

cavedog

Honorary Master
I'm seeing some increased latency and slower than line speeds ~145Mbps

cavedog

Honorary Master
I forgot to set my seed ration on 3 torrents last night :oops: Spotted about 4 or 5 cool ideas peers too :)

supersonic_p2p_seeding.png

sand_man

Honorary Master
I forgot to set my seed ration on 3 torrents last night :oops: Spotted about 4 or 5 cool ideas peers too :)

View attachment 615218
Good grief!!! :eek:

Hey, can I ask you to do me a favour please. A speed test to Los Angeles AT&T, multi and single and also Woking international school of London, multi and single... post here would be fine. Home-connect trouble shooting my line are questioning the capacity of the respective servers.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Good grief!!! :eek:

Hey, can I ask you to do me a favour please. A speed test to Los Angeles AT&T, multi and single and also Woking international school of London, multi and single... post here would be fine. Home-connect trouble shooting my line are questioning the capacity of the respective servers.

They might have a point I'm struggling to them too see results below.

LA - AT&T Multi

LA - AT&T Single

Woking Multi

Woking Single

sand_man

Honorary Master
LA Multi

Single

London Multi

Single

:sick:

I'm not even getting close to 100Mbps on multi....

cavedog

Honorary Master
Yeah, if a server has capacity issues that is all good and well but then I should be hitting the limiter on every test.
Here is LA Multi on a Cybersmart capped ADSL account on my 200Mbps fibre line. Not great either. :sick:

Single

cavedog

Honorary Master
Ohh look at this very nice IPC congestion. Looks like Supersonic has underestimated how many people are going to join for a 1st month free trial.... :rolleyes: I have mailed support to complain. The latency is clearly coming from hop 3 which also says IPC receive so their JHB IPC is congested with all the openserve fibre clients. Let me see what support has to say. Speeds are still acceptable and can't still stream twitch and iptv without any issues. Torrents also working fine but obviously the increased latency shows congestion which would probably get worse if not upgraded.

supersonic_ipc_jhb_congestion.png

dasdk

Ohh look at this very nice IPC congestion. Looks like Supersonic has underestimated how many people are going to join for a 1st month free trial.... :rolleyes: I have mailed support to complain. The latency is clearly coming from hop 3 which also says IPC receive so their JHB IPC is congested with all the openserve fibre clients. Let me see what support has to say. Speeds are still acceptable and can't still stream twitch and iptv without any issues. Torrents also working fine but obviously the increased latency shows congestion which would probably get worse if not upgraded.

View attachment 615270
Btw is there a way to check usage history? I’ve tried the portal but no detail found

cavedog

Honorary Master
Btw is there a way to check usage history? I’ve tried the portal but no detail found
Login on the supersonic website. I use my pppoe login details.

My usage on the left > Usage history > Click on your service which hould be SNO > Usage type select internet from drop down box now it's displaying your usage.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Here is LA Multi on a Cybersmart capped ADSL account on my 200Mbps fibre line. Not great either. :sick:

Single

Mmmmmmm, looking a bit flaky!! What about testmy.net (100mb file) and bandwidthplace.com

cavedog

Honorary Master
Mmmmmmm, looking a bit flaky!! What about testmy.net (100mb file) and bandwidthplace.com
Haven't tested any of those but clearly looking like ipc congestion. Waiting for supersonic to give me feedback. The speeds are still generally good though but latency is higher than normal.

Cage Rattler

Octotel, Claremont, Cape Town - is local/international response okay with supersonic? Still on ADSL and trying to work out if it is worthwhile switching to fibre.

blunt

Expert Member
Haven't tested any of those but clearly looking like ipc congestion. Waiting for supersonic to give me feedback. The speeds are still generally good though but latency is higher than normal.
Would your issue be specific to OpenServe or all Supersonic clients?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Would your issue be specific to OpenServe or all Supersonic clients?
Well my trace route shows the latency on IPC-receive-jh which makes me believe that it's an IPC capcity issue something which other providers like Vumatel, octotel and MFN does not have. So likely just Openserve until Supersonic gets an IPC upgrade at a cost to them.

One of the downsides to Openserve unfortunately.