MTN SuperSonic Feedback

FifaGuy

K, just did a speedtest on my laptop. Line giving full speed but on my note 9 its maxing out on the above. Must be a setting or a limitation of the android app.

FifaGuy

@cavedog any idea why I cannot enter my router landing page at all, when entering 192.168.1.1 it just says the site can be reached on all browsers.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

cavedog

Honorary Master
@cavedog any idea why I cannot enter my router landing page at all, when entering 192.168.1.1 it just says the site can be reached on all browsers.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Yes Supersonic has locked the Zyxel router and manage it remotely to prevent people from changing settings and essentially "breaking" the connection.

https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/mtn-supersonic-feedback.998742/post-22732444

Read my post how to unlock it. Very easy step. Just important to reconfigure it correctly. If you are on Vumatel Trenched you will use DHCP as want connection and Vumatel Aerial/GPON you would just like Openserve use PPPoE with the username and password supplied by Supersonic.

Other settings like Wifi, portfowarding and NAT you can set at your discretion.

FifaGuy

Yes Supersonic has locked the Zyxel router and manage it remotely to prevent people from changing settings and essentially "breaking" the connection.

https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/mtn-supersonic-feedback.998742/post-22732444

Read my post how to unlock it. Very easy step. Just important to reconfigure it correctly. If you are on Vumatel Trenched you will use DHCP as want connection and Vumatel Aerial/GPON you would just like Openserve use PPPoE with the username and password supplied by Supersonic.

Other settings like Wifi, portfowarding and NAT you can set at your discretion.
Thanks man, will follow the instructions but first need to get my username and password from Supersonic.

The techie set everything up and never gave me any username and password but will request it via the wattsapp help.

Did you have to request your username and password from them or was it provided to you?

Previously i used a HuaweiB315 and it worked without requiring any usernames or password.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Thanks man, will follow the instructions but first need to get my username and password from Supersonic.

The techie set everything up and never gave me any username and password but will request it via the wattsapp help.

Did you have to request your username and password from them or was it provided to you?

Previously i used a HuaweiB315 and it worked without requiring any usernames or password.
On Openserve I knew I needed a username and password so asked for it but they don't give it. If you did not enter any username and password on the the Buawei B315 and it was working then you use Vumatel trenched with is DHCP based with no username and password.

The B315 when left on auto detects the network and probably used DHCP.

topdog

@cavedog Is it possible to use your own router on supersonic, am a bit confused their website says you can but it seems people on this thread are having difficulties obtaining their PPPoE credentials. Thanks in advance.

cavedog

Honorary Master
@cavedog Is it possible to use your own router on supersonic, am a bit confused their website says you can but it seems people on this thread are having difficulties obtaining their PPPoE credentials. Thanks in advance.
You can use your own router just request the pppoe details and they will send it in a sms.

jasweb

Tried them for the free month and now having a mission getting them to cancel and "zero" invoice me... Cancelled 18 April and got verbal agreement that was cancelled.. But roll on 25 April... Invoice.. Phone again.. Say finance will sort out.. Come 20 May... Another invoice.. Another phone call... Will sort it out "promise"... Guess what... 20 June 3rd invoice... Phone them... Yes see it is cancelled.. Promise again... Feels like trying to cancel with Telkom... Next ISPA complaint I guess..

Jarryd_w

I found this thread and I am thankful that I did.

A massive thanks to the OP. The issue with not being able to log in and control it - I have the TP-LINK TL-WR840N that works just as well - was driving me insane, in terms of monitoring. I also enjoy kicking my kids off when they aren't behaving.

This router does not have the UI functionality that one would expect, but I am glad I found this work around. Running on the Vumatel Infrastructure, I did not need the pppoe details and working as expected.

Thanks once again.

Jarryd_w

I found this thread and I am thankful that I did.

A massive thanks to the OP. The issue with not being able to log in and control it - I have the TP-LINK TL-WR840N that works just as well - was driving me insane, in terms of monitoring. I also enjoy kicking my kids off when they aren't behaving.

This router does not have the UI functionality that one would expect, but I am glad I found this work around. Running on the Vumatel Infrastructure, I did not need the pppoe details and working as expected.

Thanks once again.

PS. running Supersonic 50/50 on Vuma.

Jarryd_w

Here's the kicker,

the "capture" picture is running at 56 on the vmg3625-t20a. the "capture 2.4" is running on the 2.4 Ghz band. The "old router" is the TP-LINK TL-WR840N. I ran the test several times to get the best result.

So, after the afternoon of frustrating myself with the VMG router, I have put the TP-Link back. I'd rather have better speeds.

Attachments