schuits

Expert Member
Supersonic on weekends seems to be a tad bad.
This is a sunday afternoon on a 20MB fibre line.
super.PNG

BigBSA

Requested a migration of my line on the 17th May, since I was moving house.
Moved house and haven't had internet since about the 20th May.

Issue has been "Escalated" to the Project Management office like 4 times and still no progress. Only thing I've received from Supersonic is an invoice for a full month, when I've had no service. IMAGINE!

Can't wait to part ways with them.
Telling everyone I know to stay far away from this ISP.

ghostRgg

Expert Member
Did you have to pay for the router when you cancel?
We didn't and they took around 3 months to collect. But I have seen a few people get the full debit order for the router, which you have to dispute with them.

Reactions: Yuu

Jaredza

Terrible packet loss on MTN Supersonic when gaming on EU servers. Been 2 years, multiple complaints to the ISPA, promise after promise of improved service, and nothing has changed.

Attachments

• fffffff.png
    fffffff.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 20
  • aaaaaaa.JPG
    aaaaaaa.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 21

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Terrible packet loss on MTN Supersonic when gaming on EU servers. Been 2 years, multiple complaints to the ISPA, promise after promise of improved service, and nothing has changed.
Why haven't you canceled?

Jaredza

Why haven't you canceled?
They have been my first fibre ISP, so they take a R4k "clawback fee" if cancelled within 2 years. Been fighting with them to waive it if they cannot provide a suitable product, but they won't. It's effectively a hostage situation as another company would have provided the same installation/activation promotion and provided an actual usable product.

William1102

They have been my first fibre ISP, so they take a R4k "clawback fee" if cancelled within 2 years. Been fighting with them to waive it if they cannot provide a suitable product, but they won't. It's effectively a hostage situation as another company would have provided the same installation/activation promotion and provided an actual usable product.

Try look at Afrihost Pure Fibre , not sure if they still offer covering migration costs and credit you

[mention]AfriNatic [/mention] can you confirm

b1gstan

Supersonic are pretty much private-sector government officials from a service perspective.
They stuffed up installation of a line for some close friends of mine, then, three weeks later, still haven't delivered a router or provided router login credentials.
When trying to cancel, they want to charge a clawback fee for a service that cannot even be used.
The only hope now is to lodge a mediation request with ISPA.
They need fibre in order to work from home and Stupidsonic refuse to release the line so that they can go to a reputable ISP.

• Wow

bef0k

This is how shite my connection is now. Thanks Supersonic,

*** Avoid them at ALL COSTS ***

Capture.PNG

Warp fixes this.

• Wow

bef0k

And again. F*** Supersonic. Cannot game internationally.

Trace to 8.8.8.8 is fine. Local speedtest is running at full speed. No local problem.

A note on the 3 trace routes below.
1. Trace to EU shows heavy packet loss.
2. Trace to US shows heavy packet loss.
3. Trace to EU (over a Cloudflare Warp VPN) shows NO packet loss. Guessing this is my perpetual workaround. But VPN from all devices?

Is this rotten international connection affecting all MTN customers or only Supersonic?

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    11.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    11 KB · Views: 19
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    19.7 KB · Views: 19

faust

These guys are a bunch of clowns, I tried to sign up for the service, so immediately they knock me for a R1000, then it got to the OTP, they kept sending me "undefined", when I tried to log a call, I could not get hold of anybody, it is at this stage that I thought, if the sales service is so bad, how will the actual service be, I cancelled the whole deal, it has now been 3 weeks, I am unable to get my refund out of them. all emails and social media responses, " We apologise, we giving it our utmost attention, drivel" Stay away from this mickey mouse bunch

Jaredza

And again. F*** Supersonic. Cannot game internationally.

Trace to 8.8.8.8 is fine. Local speedtest is running at full speed. No local problem.

A note on the 3 trace routes below.
1. Trace to EU shows heavy packet loss.
2. Trace to US shows heavy packet loss.
3. Trace to EU (over a Cloudflare Warp VPN) shows NO packet loss. Guessing this is my perpetual workaround. But VPN from all devices?

Is this rotten international connection affecting all MTN customers or only Supersonic?
I'm in the process of taking them to the ISPA. There hasbeen packet loss on my line internationally basically ever since I started dealing with them in March 2020. Currently getting up to 40% packet loss to Blizzard/Riot servers.

About a year ago they even had the cheek to tell people that international issues were not their problem lol.

Attachments

• ssssssssss.JPG
    ssssssssss.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 16

LandyMan

Honorary Master
These guys are a bunch of clowns, I tried to sign up for the service, so immediately they knock me for a R1000, then it got to the OTP, they kept sending me "undefined", when I tried to log a call, I could not get hold of anybody, it is at this stage that I thought, if the sales service is so bad, how will the actual service be, I cancelled the whole deal, it has now been 3 weeks, I am unable to get my refund out of them. all emails and social media responses, " We apologise, we giving it our utmost attention, drivel" Stay away from this mickey mouse bunch
email the MD calvin.collett@mtn.com

LandyMan

Honorary Master
I'm in the process of taking them to the ISPA. There hasbeen packet loss on my line internationally basically ever since I started dealing with them in March 2020. Currently getting up to 40% packet loss to Blizzard/Riot servers.

About a year ago they even had the cheek to tell people that international issues were not their problem lol.
They tried that crap with me too. Special bunch of people that

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
Has anyone had any success in cancelling the 2020 Black Friday R999 LTE uncapped special with Supersonic?

Wanted to find out whether there's any clawback/cancellation costs, apart from them taking back the router, please?

MEG101

From all the feedback about Supersonic on this tread, it clearly states to NEVER EVER get Supersonic LTE. I wanted to get it as a backup for when my Fiber line goes down...but after reading all the negative comments, I decided to go against it. I rather stick to MTN that has great LTE coverage in my area for a backup.

Singhms

Has anyone had any success in cancelling the 2020 Black Friday R999 LTE uncapped special with Supersonic?

Wanted to find out whether there's any clawback/cancellation costs, apart from them taking back the router, please?

Looking at the website if you have subscribed for longer than 6 months no cancellation fees - all you do is return the router...
---

Would like to hear from someone that cancelled to understand:
  • How do you cancel / process? Do you call them, email them, do it on the supersonic website?
  • How and where do you return the modem to?

----

29. Why do you charge a cancellation fee?​

Any cancellations within the first 6 (six) months from initial sign-up, will incur a R600 cancellation charge. This fee is to recover promotional value (SIM card, delivery, administration, activation etc.) which is amortised over this 6-month term – this means that the amount payable decreases from R600 in the first month of activation, to R0 at the end of the 6th month. If the customer is cancelling their Home Broadband package to take up another Supersonic service like fibre, then Supersonic will waive this fee since it is considered a service migration and not a cancellation.