bef0k

*WORST ISP EVER*
*WORST INTERNATIONAL INTERNET CONNECTION EVER*
*WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER*

If you think of getting them, please save yourself this nightmare and don't! Just don't.

Same **** again. Over and over.

Trace to 8.8.8.8 is perfect.
Trace to international sites show heavy packet loss and latency.

CaptureBad20211119.PNG

Jaredza

*WORST ISP EVER*

If you think of getting them, please save yourself this nightmare and don't! Just don't.

View attachment 1197198
Yep. This has been the case for almost 2 years. I don't even know how they get away with this.

nivek

Honorary Master
Yeah this ISP is ****ed

Their network has been a catastrophic disaster for years

They should shut up shop and their engineers should change careers

I had consistent daily downtime with them for about a year, I moved to Afrihost 6 months ago and my service hasn't been interrupted once

bef0k

Yeah this ISP is ****ed

Their network has been a catastrophic disaster for years

They should shut up shop and their engineers should change careers

I had consistent daily downtime with them for about a year, I moved to Afrihost 6 months ago and my service hasn't been interrupted once

My problem is that I have MTN fibre where I live. And they are not very open at all. No Afrihost support - I was with them for a decade on DSL. Will move to CISP in the new year (not temping fate of losing service by migrating over new year's.)

Some history: MTN FTTH ISP was actually really good to start off with. Think business grade - and you got to speak to real engineers with brains every time you called and every problem was solved.

Wind the clock forward and they merged this business with Smart Village and got Collet on-board. And that is where everything went to ****. A business model where support people are basic call loggers only that make you reboot the router, and I have never managed to get to real tech support.
Even this went unnoticed as long as you never had problems. But for the past two years I have constant problems. Very rarely on my local connection and almost ALWAYS packet loss on their International backbone which surfaces as a variety of strange problems, but shows up quite clearly on a network route trace. Short outages on their International backbone of a few minutes, at random times. This MUST affect all customers.

I do not understand how their customers accept such crappy service. I do not understand how a parent communications and networking company cannot fix this problem. Beyond me.

bef0k

And yet again. FML.

Local traffic unaffected. International traffic gone to ****.

Repeating the warning *STAY AWAY FROM SUPERSONIC IF YOU VALUE YOUR SANITY*

Capture20211120.PNG

Jaredza

*WORST ISP EVER*

View attachment 1197198
Yep. This has been the case for almost 2 years. I don't even know how they get away with this.

Jaredza

My problem is that I have MTN fibre where I live. And they are not very open at all. No Afrihost support - I was with them for a decade on DSL. Will move to CISP in the new year (not temping fate of losing service by migrating over new year's.)

Some history: MTN FTTH ISP was actually really good to start off with. Think business grade - and you got to speak to real engineers with brains every time you called and every problem was solved.

Wind the clock forward and they merged this business with Smart Village and got Collet on-board. And that is where everything went to ****. A business model where support people are basic call loggers only that make you reboot the router, and I have never managed to get to real tech support.
Even this went unnoticed as long as you never had problems. But for the past two years I have constant problems. Very rarely on my local connection and almost ALWAYS packet loss on their International backbone which surfaces as a variety of strange problems, but shows up quite clearly on a network route trace. Short outages on their International backbone of a few minutes, at random times. This MUST affect all customers.

I do not understand how their customers accept such crappy service. I do not understand how a parent communications and networking company cannot fix this problem. Beyond me.
I have no idea why MyBroadband has never published any stories on this to help consumers when surely all Supersonic Customers - Think 10s if not 100s of thousands of customers - have been basically ripped off for the past 2 years.

bef0k

I have no idea why MyBroadband has never published any stories on this to help consumers when surely all Supersonic Customers - Think 10s if not 100s of thousands of customers - have been basically ripped off for the past 2 years.

Supersonic pays for advertorials/partner content from time to time. Wouldn't want to alienate them or their parent company would they?
MyBB is a media company trying to earn income, not a bunch of non-profit crusaders.
I don't think I have ever seen articles truly critical of local providers... ? Maybe only against Telkom, cause its okay to hate the same company that everyone already hates on ;)
Sad reality is that Telkom tech support today is actually 100x better than Supersonic's. They have really improved their game.

LandyMan

Honorary Master
I have sat nights with their techs to show them the sh1tshow that is international after 20:30.
I gave up after about 2 months of getting nowhere, and moved ISPs

Singhms

I have sat nights with their techs to show them the sh1tshow that is international after 20:30.
I gave up after about 2 months of getting nowhere, and moved ISPs
I though I was the only one between 20h00 - 22h00 YouTube most notably does not load at all...

LandyMan

Honorary Master
I though I was the only one between 20h00 - 22h00 YouTube most notably does not load at all...
Youtube was fine. My biggest issue was twitch, where packet loss causes havoc with streaming services like that

Singhms

Youtube was fine. My biggest issue was twitch, where packet loss causes havoc with streaming services like that
Sorry meant to say from around 20h00 - 22h00 onwards - not between...

In general speeds drop noticeably on mine for most things even general web browsing...

bef0k

Tonight's sh1tshow:

1. Trace to 8.8.8.8 is great - no problem with the line itself.
Capture20211123_ZA.PNG

2. Trace to US losing packets
Capture20211123_US.PNG

3. Trace to EU losing packets
Capture20211123_EU.PNG

4. EU over a Cloudflare VPN that avoids the Supersonic International routing and peering is great too
Capture20211123_EU_OVER_CFVPN.PNG

LandyMan

Honorary Master
Tonight's sh1tshow:

1. Trace to 8.8.8.8 is great - no problem with the line itself.
View attachment 1199790

2. Trace to US losing packets
View attachment 1199792

3. Trace to EU losing packets
View attachment 1199794

4. EU over a Cloudflare VPN that avoids the Supersonic International routing and peering is great too
View attachment 1199796
This is exactly what I kept pointing out to them, also got told on numerous occasions that international is not their problem

nivek

Honorary Master
This is exactly what I kept pointing out to them, also got told on numerous occasions that international is not their problem
Nothing is their problem
When I had issues they blamed Vumatel and said there's nothing they can do about it

They will never fix their network, the best thing anyone can do for their sanity is to migrate to another ISP, literally, any other ISP

Jaredza

I went through a month-long process with the ISPA and Supersonic, only for them to admit there is an issue. When I asked them how they are going to compensate me for the past 2 years of extremely unstable connection, they have ceased all communication.

The ISPA themselves have also not gotten back to me in over a week at this point.

What an awful company. I'm considering taking legal action at this point.