New Webafrica Network Migration

wingnut771

Executive Member
I have a 400GB capped account with WA on Openserve fibre and it is the same as the others are reporting, twitch buffering at 160p. It works at 1080p for like an hour or so from time to time, but then becomes unusable again. And it isn't just twitch other streaming services are poor.
different cities different ipc's i'm assuming.

Pure_Acid

Update:

:thumbsup: We have successfully migrated the second batch of FrogFoot Fibre clients, over to our new network in the Parklands area.
Not sure what area you guys are in but my 200/100Mbps Openserve line with a 100GB capped adsl account if flying on the new network. It's flawless. Twitch is flawless for me stream perfect. In game latency is stable and very low especially with League of Legends to EUW 178ms stable.

Cape Town - Table View

200mb Fibre Line Web Africa / FrogFoot

:thumbsdown:

Pure_Acid

@WebAfrica Helper

Are we going to get any feedback if your engineers are investigating into this issue on the new network, especially it seems Cape Town international traffic?

(Multi) - 200mb Fibre :(

(Single) - 200mb Fibre :(

maniac6911

@WebAfrica Helper

Are we going to get any feedback if your engineers are investigating into this issue on the new network, especially it seems Cape Town international traffic?

(Multi) - 200mb Fibre :(

(Single) - 200mb Fibre :(
Explains why my PE connection is terrible as well, traffic goes via CT.

1562322160115.png

Last edited:

Kradenko

@WebAfrica Helper

I worked at Internet Solutions for close on 10 years, left there but stayed on with a IS based account, specifically for the dynamic DNS feature that was offered, but never advertised. I could just CNAME a A record to my account details and basically had a "static" link address which I used for my security and business work at my premises. Now that you have moved my account away from IS, has the offering for a proper static IP become available?

I am based on Openserve. Web tech live support had no idea what I was talking about and unable to assist me with this serious issue. My business is now at a standstill because of your move.

Performance is great though.

Tharaxis

Web Africa, will you please give us a well-deserved answer as to what is going on. This lack of communications is unacceptable.

cavedog

Honorary Master
@WebAfrica Helper

I worked at Internet Solutions for close on 10 years, left there but stayed on with a IS based account, specifically for the dynamic DNS feature that was offered, but never advertised. I could just CNAME a A record to my account details and basically had a "static" link address which I used for my security and business work at my premises. Now that you have moved my account away from IS, has the offering for a proper static IP become available?

I am based on Openserve. Web tech live support had no idea what I was talking about and unable to assist me with this serious issue. My business is now at a standstill because of your move.

Performance is great though.
Yeah very few ISP actually offer that. IS, Telkom and Axxess does offer this which is nice.

In the mean time you are going to have to look at dyndns or no-ip and just click the renew button every 30days to renew the free ip. Most routers can set that in the router so that when you do get a new ip from a router restart it automatically updates. Not as perfect as the ISP provided one but not bad either with a proper router.