New Webafrica Network Migration

maniac6911

Network still seems rock solid in Centurion...

I think it is clear by now that the new network works if you live in Gauteng but not if you live in the Cape.

I hope there will be some sort of rebate for those whose have had issues for the past week.

maniac6911

2am in the morning and the internet still doesn't work as intended. Twitch is stopping and starting at 160p, mostly just stopping. What a useless company, they don't even respond to tickets or posts on forums.

So I need to pay out an extra R400 to another ISP to have usable internet because you WA are useless and then I need to give you two months notice because it is the 6th of the month because of your poor service, I think not. Do you really intend for people to pay for something that doesn't work?

I have hit the cancel my service button but I do intend to get every cent you charged me for data since the change to the new network back as you are just not providing the service I am paying for anymore.

wingnut771

Executive Member
I think it is clear by now that the new network works if you live in Gauteng but not if you live in the Cape.

I hope there will be some sort of rebate for those whose have had issues for the past week.
don't be silly, isp's hold all the cards.

they dont have to do anything, coz even if you cancel, they'll make more money out of you.

Hypnza

I was happy I managed to get my cancellation effective end of this month rather than next, but wtf should I pay for this month of super slow internet - I may as well have my account & line cancelled immediately if it's this unusable. Monday's battle.

maniac6911

don't be silly, isp's hold all the cards.

they dont have to do anything, coz even if you cancel, they'll make more money out of you.
No they do not hold any of the cards have you seen the number of complaints here?

Have you ever heard of the consumer protection act and class action lawsuits? There are probably tens of thousands of people affected by the issue so they most certainly need to make a move to make that many people happy. They have 20 working days to resolve this issue, since the change over that makes it 15 left and I will get a refund.

Know your rights, do not believe in the fine print, you most certainly do not need to pay someone for poor delivery of service.

wingnut771

Executive Member
No they do not hold any of the cards have you seen the number of complaints here?

Have you ever heard of the consumer protection act and class action lawsuits? There are probably tens of thousands of people affected by the issue so they most certainly need to make a move to make that many people happy. They have 20 working days to resolve this issue, since the change over that makes it 15 left and I will get a refund.

Know your rights, do not believe in the fine print, you most certainly do not need to pay someone for poor delivery of service.
ok, let us know how that goes.

Hypnza

Maybe you can try a capped adsl account with webafrica and see how it compares?
Just did that and got exactly the same speeds as my adsl account - traceroute also shows "ftth.web.africa" servers being used :/

maniac6911

ok, let us know how that goes.
I am just trying to point out to everyone that cancelling your account due to lack of service and then paying them for a service that doesn't work or doesn't exist is not acceptable. They are not entailed to your money. They are not providing you with the service that you signed a contract for.

If you find out that the pair of jeans you just bought is ripped, dammed right you are going to take it back and get it replaced. Don't give a service provider R500 or R1000 or however much it is, for doing nothing, just because it says that you must give them a months notice in their fine print. They haven't supplied you with a service for the month. It is your money not theirs. This only goes for poor or no service only, not changing ISPs.

This also applies to more than just broadband contracts, don't let companies take your money whilst giving you nothing in return. You are not bound by said contract if the service is at fault, you have rights, look up section 14 of the consumer protection act.

Last edited:

wingnut771

Executive Member
I am just trying to point out to everyone that cancelling your account due to lack of service and then paying them for something doesn't work is not acceptable. They are not entailed to your money. They are not providing you with the service that you signed a contract for.

If you find out that the pair of jeans you just bought is ripped, dammed right you are going to take it back and get it replaced. Don't give a service provider R500 or R1000 or however much it is, for doing nothing, just because it says that you must give them a months notice in their fine print. They haven't supplied you with a service for the month. It is your money not theirs. This only goes for poor or no service only not changing ISPs.

This also applies to more than just broadband contracts, don't let companies take your money whilst giving you nothing in return.
The service gets debited from your account on day 1. You pay.
It doesn't work or whatever so you cancel, you pay a cancel fee. You pay.
Win win for ISP. It's in the T's & C's.
Let us know if you get your money back.

Joker

Expert Member
Well I can at least mange 360p twitch on my 200mb line, thanks WA..

Flamer283

My line is working perfectly after the migration but it's sad to see how Webafrica is silent through all of this. No updates to other customers suffering issues in other regions.

cavedog

Honorary Master
My line is working perfectly after the migration but it's sad to see how Webafrica is silent through all of this. No updates to other customers suffering issues in other regions.
One would think they would get CPT right since that is where they are based but JHB is flawless :) Much better than the IS network.

I might actuallly consider moving my 200Mbps Openserve line to Webafrica instead of Macrolan :unsure: but the FUP is still hectic.

Pure_Acid

It's so bad tonight guys, can barely play any games, can only listen on twitch cannot see anything. Going at 2mb here on a 200mb line..........

maniac6911

The service gets debited from your account on day 1. You pay.
It doesn't work or whatever so you cancel, you pay a cancel fee. You pay.
Win win for ISP. It's in the T's & C's.
Let us know if you get your money back.
You pay on debit, you send lawyer letter, you get money back, not so hard, even monkey can do.

cavedog

Honorary Master
It's so bad tonight guys, can barely play any games, can only listen on twitch cannot see anything. Going at 2mb here on a 200mb line..........
Sad that @WebAfrica Helper and webafrica don't fix the issues.

JHB side is perfect. In fact I had to switch from Supersonic because they have congestion issues that they deny so have to switch to my backup accounts and Webafrica is the go to account because it's flawless for me in JHB.

wingnut771

Executive Member
One would think they would get CPT right since that is where they are based but JHB is flawless :) Much better than the IS network.

I might actuallly consider moving my 200Mbps Openserve line to Webafrica instead of Macrolan :unsure: but the FUP is still hectic.
they will send you another router and charge you delivery.