Uncapped ADSL bundle pricing compared (June 2012)

Interesting to see if MWEB is going to join the trend.
If not a lot of poeple might be signing up with Afrihost. Seems the Axxess merger as a good choice

Interesting to see if MWEB is going to join the trend.
If not a lot of poeple might be signing up with Afrihost. Seems the Axxess merger as a good choice

I'm signing with Afrihost and I'm no poepall! :D

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

So Afrihost is still lagging behind Imaginet and Cybersmart with their 384 line?
Not that aggressive if you ask me.

Mweb will always go in with a big bang! If they drop their prices now, it will not be a big story. Everyone will say that it is because of what ever company is doing and Mweb does not do things in this manner!

So Afrihost is still lagging behind Imaginet and Cybersmart with their 384 line?
Not that aggressive if you ask me.

Who cares. 384k is only going to be around for a few more months.

Mweb have till the end of this month to respond, otherwise I'm leaving, on a jet plane. I don't know when I'll be back again. :) Good job Afrihost, broadband prices is actually starting to look a bit more realistic in SA.

Mweb have till the end of this month to respond, otherwise I'm leaving, on a jet plane. I don't know when I'll be back again. :) Good job Afrihost, broadband prices is actually starting to look a bit more realistic in SA.

You'll be back as soon as MWeb drops their price even lower.... there is no loyalty when it comes to ISPs

Just to make certain, the one thing missing from those prices is still the forced requirement of phone line rental? So not quite total cost.

Oh, and the next important comparison that would be nice to do is to compare fair use policies to make sure we are comparing apples with apples. Afrihost may be cheaper but if they are going to start throttling me at ***MB while MWeb allows me to do whatever I am capable of, then they are not like for like accounts.

Is there a reason that Axxess aren't included on the table?

Their uncapped 384 ADSL is available for R169 and 1Mb uncapped for R196 which is significantly cheaper than the cheapest listed here.

Plus it's all ad-hoc, month-to-month, so no contract or anything else to restrict you from moving on if you need to.

It's a no-brainer for me, but if anyone can see a disadvantage, please let me know.

Is there a reason that Axxess aren't included on the table?

Their uncapped 384 ADSL is available for R169 and 1Mb uncapped for R196 which is significantly cheaper than the cheapest listed here.

Plus it's all ad-hoc, month-to-month, so no contract or anything else to restrict you from moving on if you need to.

It's a no-brainer for me, but if anyone can see a disadvantage, please let me know.

The table listed shows bundled costs of Uncapped ADSL + ADSL Line.

Axxess does not bundle their products, so you will have to order Uncapped and order an ADSL Line.

In any case

Axxess 384 Uncapped + 384 Line -> R169 + R139 = R308
Axxess 1Mb Uncapped + 1Mb Line -> R196 + R249 = R445

That puts them a little bit cheaper than Mweb..

But like ClintX says, AUP's are also something to look at, which is my reason for moving to Mweb yesterday.

Why is Openweb always omitted from the comparison tables? Their rates are very competive for example they are only R2 more expensive on the 10mbps package. Most important, even though they shape they DON'T throttle and they don't hijack your Telkom line. Couple that with good customer service and you have a winner. Openweb all the way! Keoma should complain about the way they are always neglected!

Is Afrihost still throttling uncapped at 20 gig?

If that's the case I'll stick with mweb.

Is Afrihost still throttling uncapped at 20 gig?

If that's the case I'll stick with mweb.

People currently using these accounts and Afriman have confirmed that they have upped the threshold limits considerably.

There is a thread about it.

I still don't understand the reasoning of Telkom Do 4mb uncapped ....

Telkom Do 1mbps - R658.00
Telkom Do 4mpbs - R2,510.00
Mweb 4mb - R899.00

I'm Telkom 1mbps right now, but I'd rather jump to Mweb 4mbps for R250.00 more

People currently using these accounts and Afriman have confirmed that they have upped the threshold limits considerably.

There is a thread about it.

Upped by how much? On my 1M MWeb account I do considerable amounts of data each month (no I'm not a torrent junkie, large portions are for work related tasks and OS updates for various Linux distros) and have never experienced being throttled/shaped. Will I have the same experience on Afrihost uncapped? If not, it's really not worth me moving over.

yeah my afrihost uncapped experience sucked. throttling at 20gigs was ridiculous. i still say no thanks Afrihost! im not falling for that again!i'll pay the extra bucks with mweb for better quality. and im also waiting for the 2 meg uncapped prices to come out ;)

Back