Uncapped ADSL prices compared: Telkom versus other ISPs

Joker

Expert Member
I can see Mweb and other ISPs being forced to go the 'Silver' and 'Gold' route for uncapped accounts, like Openweb.

nazz

Openweb Vanilla Uncapped 4Mbit is actually R339 under 4Mbps standalone ADSL accounts. So they are the cheapest. I am trialing it now. Once again it comes down to the products performance. We do not know how Telkom do Uncapped Premium will perform. Yes the Bronze, Silver etc. thing might come into play in near future as one cannot compare Openweb Vanilla Uncapped with MWEB uncapped etc.

I can see Mweb and other ISPs being forced to go the 'Silver' and 'Gold' route for uncapped accounts, like Openweb.

bekdik

Honorary Master
It'd be nice if Telkom's prices were included in the table , maybe heading?

/edit I see they are, but not under Telkom, but rather under Do Uncapped ...

Last edited:

signeffex

Im not sure about the rest, but those Afrihost prices are totally wrong. How do you guys get these things so wrong?
The article has no credibility now.

Kull Warrior

at the moment i pay around R1170 per month for my entire internet experience..telkom adsl line and voice for 6mb line and R539 for mweb uncapped.

if i take telkom 4mb deal, its 699+148 for voice = 847

thats a saving of R323!

incredible.

RPG_Fan

One needs to compare apples with apples. Telkom has specific throttling during the day where others have dynamic shaping....

AlmightyBender

Executive Member
One needs to compare apples with apples. Telkom has specific throttling during the day where others have dynamic shaping....

From 1 Feb 2013 the thottling will fall away and there will only be a shaping policy. Exactly like MWEB's

mediviant

GConnect is still cheaper. 1Mbps at R99 and their service is excellent! Downloaded 150Gig last month without being throttled!

Allin

Expert Member
The comparison is useful, but the presentation is clumsy.
How difficult would it have been to make the comparison in two tables (bundled and unbundled) with the speeds as column headings?
Where a SP doesn't have a product just leave the cell empty.

Last edited:

Hassan.Saib

I've been with Telkom for just over a year now and their service has been brilliant to me. line fault once which they came out and fixed on a Sunday believe it or not.....:D