Vox Fibre Feedback

V1rus

I have vox capped at the moment and I'm wondering what everyone's experience is with their uncapped fibre? I see they dropped the prices on their uncapped packages and there is no more "pro" accounts etc? Is that true?

StoneCold

Expert Member
I have vox capped at the moment and I'm wondering what everyone's experience is with their uncapped fibre? I see they dropped the prices on their uncapped packages and there is no more "pro" accounts etc? Is that true?
I got a pricelist from them earlier in the week for their capped fibre packages. On that, they still list pro uncapped and normal (non pro) uncapped packages. Hope that helps :)

VicB

I got a pricelist from them earlier in the week for their capped fibre packages. On that, they still list pro uncapped and normal (non pro) uncapped packages. Hope that helps :)
Would you mind sharing a link with the price list? I'm looking for an ISP that provides line rental only so that I can use Vox fatpipe data with it.

zeck

How is everyones experience with vox fibre? I noticed my 200mbps vuma fibre is throttled to 20mbps compared to cool ideas 100mbps line.

JFT96

How is everyones experience with vox fibre? I noticed my 200mbps vuma fibre is throttled to 20mbps compared to cool ideas 100mbps line.
Yep, I seem to have the same problem. I've been complaining about extremely bad international connectivity for ages and nobody at Vox gives a damn.

I've had a nightmare with Vox (search this thread you'll see my previous posts, best advice is to stay away and use another ISP. Vox are a rip off.

JFT96

So 4 months after leaving vox, they sent me a invoice for R2700. This is for the VOIP phone and router that I was supposed to get for free. They didn't inform me they wanted it back.

So they deducted the amount from my account. I sent the hardware back. I had to follow up on whether they received it, because they didn't even know their own courier had picked it up. They finally confirmed they received it.

Its now more than 2 weeks later with no refund in sight.

Stay away from Vox unless you want to get fcked around.

Sinbin: Telkom, Mweb, Afrihost, Vox Telecom.
Didn't see this before.

But yeh, I 100% agree with Sopbeen. I was hoodwinked by a dodgy sales guy named Philton. Be careful of Philton, he's slimy... like Jabba the hutt slimy

Charmingmage10

i have the 200mbps with openserve and vox capped. evenings speeds are poor below 100mbps on speedtests

jouda

Expert Member
Ping this for me please, its a gaming IP for World of Warcraft, curious as to ping from Joburg 185.60.112.157
Are you having issues with WoW on VOX fibre? Im planning to move to Vox as soon as Vumatel fires up their network in our area... Current ETA is end of August.

dagwood4455

what Control Panel does VOX give you to check usage, top up or order/cancel data packages etc? I am used to Afrihost's panel which is excellent (but I am moving away from them due to technical reasons)

adam_g

what Control Panel does VOX give you to check usage, top up or order/cancel data packages etc? I am used to Afrihost's panel which is excellent (but I am moving away from them due to technical reasons)
It's basic but does the job

zeck

Didn't see this before.

But yeh, I 100% agree with Sopbeen. I was hoodwinked by a dodgy sales guy named Philton. Be careful of Philton, he's slimy... like Jabba the hutt slimy
I've testing vox 200 and cool ideas 100 with a vpn and so far both get about the same speeds to New York, US. Both networks seem to have some variation on international access.

zeck

i have the 200mbps with openserve and vox capped. evenings speeds are poor below 100mbps on speedtests
Open serve seems to be the most congested network, my vox fibre is with vumatel and cool ideas on SADV.

Defib

Expert Member
Cool Ideas, you are just not as affordable as VOX - affordability is key to alot of people. Just saying oh just pay that extra R200, its not viable for alot of people

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Cool Ideas, you are just not as affordable as VOX - affordability is key to alot of people. Just saying oh just pay that extra R200, its not viable for alot of people
On which network?

Sopbeen

Vumatel

I am looking for ISP options currently
Vox has semi decent bandwidth. Rarely had problems. Network gets 7/10.

The issue is when you actually do experience problems. Their service is horrendous 0/10. You won't see a rep on the forums helping you. You'll be lucky if there is somebody inn the callcentre that can assist. I would rate them on-par with Mweb, Telkom or Afrihost. None of which impressed me at all.

Defib

Expert Member
Vox has semi decent bandwidth. Rarely had problems. Network gets 7/10.

The issue is when you actually do experience problems. Their service is horrendous 0/10. You won't see a rep on the forums helping you. You'll be lucky if there is somebody inn the callcentre that can assist. I would rate them on-par with Mweb, Telkom or Afrihost. None of which impressed me at all.
Afrihost = NEVER !!!
Telkom = I want to finally cut that noose
Mweb = Hasbeens

I am currently on VOX DSL for data only, havent had issues with them - Like everyone, well most of us, we need to look at $$$

Vox are like R70 a month more expensive and charge a R1008 connection fee where RN is like R500

I know they say Penny Wise, Pound Foolish, but sometimes its not avoidable, if you get my drift

Sopbeen

I tried to give Vox the opportunity to retain me as a customer when I switched from Openserve fibre to Vumatel Fibre. I forwarded my quotes. The best they could do was match the connection fee, while being more expensive per month overall. The best was that they were only willing to waive the cancellation notice period if I was going to stick with them.

Cool Ideas get very good feedback due to their active presence on the forums. Also helps that they actually have a solid network :)