1590424914363.png

Actual speed downloading stuff legit places like Softpedia or such:

1590424929199.png

1590425081244.png

Getting slower and slower by the day.
Utter shite the last few weeks.

Conack

Expert Member
Hop onto a VPN and here we go from 500 bytes per sec, to 1MB.

Blatant shaping/throttling.

1590425485678.png

Conack

Expert Member
International - local is fine.

Can get near full line speed international when VPN'ing to a buddy in Jhb on Afrihost.

Conack

Expert Member
Even getting "Check your internet connection / It appears you have a poor connection" warning on boardgames like the steam "Jackbox Party Pack" for the last few weeks.

Bizarre, as local/VPN throughput is 100%.
Escalating this to Vox support.

Conack

Expert Member
Had the opportunity to test at one of our neighbours, also on 100mb Vox Fibre, Frogfoot:

1590590514822.png

International traffic utter shite too.

So looks like I was right in my assumption this issue is area wide for Vox users. Perhaps a limited profile that they allocate to a region which suffers from insufficient capacity (Frogfoot) to prevent packetloss? :unsure:

ngoni615

Had the opportunity to test at one of our neighbours, also on 100mb Vox Fibre, Frogfoot:

View attachment 847019

So looks like I was right in my assumption this issue is area wide for Vox users. Perhaps a limited profile that they allocate to a region which suffers from insufficient capacity (Frogfoot) to prevent packetloss? :unsure:
apparently it is happening on frogfoot
vuma seems fine

wingnut771

Executive Member

View attachment 847019

i'm sure all isp's will have the same crap performance, it's a frogfoot congestion problem in your area causing packetloss which kills high latency (international) performance. downgrade to slowest speed so they not robbing you as much, or cancel and take up the adsl promo.

Conack

Expert Member
Don't have packetloss at the moment.. they finally resolved that.
Get full line speed via VPN, but it's rather silly to have to VPN 24/7 because your ISP can't get their stuff together.

jackshiels

Expert Member
I've been getting significantly worse latency to servers located on mainland Europe this past month. Previously, I got away with about 160-70ms, now its 190-210ms. Any ideas? Is there a Vox rep here? Speeds are otherwise good, and anywhere else (i.e. UK/Ireland) is generally fine.

MRTOM

I am currently with Vox on Openserve my fibre got activated 2nd January 2020 i play mostly online games and watch some Youtube and Twitch.Everything was fine got 160ms to EU game server where i play because theres no African server for World of Tanks.Then the undersea cable broke after it was fixed my Ping stayed on 230ms and till now still the same in May 2020.Now i have to pay for Outfox VPN which gives me 160ms Ping again.I had about 10 tickets with support and hours of troubleshooting on the phone.They then gave me new hope when they told me my problem has been escalated to their core team to resolve only a day after a support agent phone me and told me core team said 240ms Ping to EU is still acceptable and due to lockdown networks are congested what a joke fun fact if i switch to my free 20 gig Cybersmart lockdown account i get 155-160ms Ping.They also cant explain why my Ping went up by 70ms.I think they changed their routing after the first cable break in January and this is causing my high latency but anyways i had enough and im tired of their excuses for 4 months wasting my time hoping for them to fix the problem.I always recommended Vox but not anymore i canceled with them yesterday and will pay the R1430 early cancellation fee and send back their router cant wait to get rid of them.Good luck to anyone signing up with them and dealing with their support.