Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 75 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1119

Thread: *READ FIRST* Vodacom Problems: Slow Throughput, Trying to Connect, DNS, High Latency

  1. #1

    Default *READ FIRST* Vodacom Problems: Slow Throughput, Trying to Connect, DNS, High Latency

    Vodacom Problems: Slow Throughput, Trying to Connect, DNS, High Latency

    Reporting Issues
    For reporting issues to Vodacom Support:
    1) Call (082)155 (Free from a Vodacom SIM)
    2) Mail Customer Care on cu[email protected]
    3) Read the FAQ in this forum.
    4) Use the SelfHelp facility.
    5) Search this forum, and chances are your question has been answered many times before.

    For reporting New Problems in this thread (all the information is required):
    1) Location:
    2) Time of issue:
    3) Device:
    4) Contract Type (pre-paid, contract, hybrid):
    5) Existing reference numbers from 155:
    6) speed.vodacom.co.za results (if possible):

    For reporting Problems in PM to VodacomData (all the information is required):
    1) First name:
    2) Last name:
    3) Contact tel. number:
    4) Area you're in:
    5) Physical address, if relevant:
    6) Cell number under discussion:
    7) Verify APN in use:
    8) Contract type (pre-paid, contract, hybrid):
    9) Bundle type & size:
    10)For Data Card, specify the Hardware and Firmware version:
    __________________
    Last edited by morkhans; 19-11-2011 at 06:23 PM. Reason: removed network status section as it's out of date

  2. #2

    Default

    Just a quick mod note: This thread will replace the old one so VodacomData can keep the first post updated with current events.

    Please provide the required information for posting in the thread so we can keep the back and forth questions to a minimum and spend more time on resolutions. I am going to be quite strict on posts that do not have the required information in them.
    53.91% of South Africans voted in favour of the Nkandla compound and SABC censorship.

  3. #3

    Default Vodacom 3G in Kempton Park

    anyone else having problems?

    mine is disconnecting like ALL the time, since yesterday

    a few minutes ago it wanted to connect to "3G" and not "Vodacom 3G" or "Vodacom HSDPA" - anything to do with that?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    anyone else having problems?

    mine is disconnecting like ALL the time, since yesterday

    a few minutes ago it wanted to connect to "3G" and not "Vodacom 3G" or "Vodacom HSDPA" - anything to do with that?
    Please add the rest of the details as per the first post.
    53.91% of South Africans voted in favour of the Nkandla compound and SABC censorship.

  5. #5

    Default 3G Still down in Pretoria Hillcrest - 48 hours and waiting

    Hi VodacomData,

    On Tuesday 22 September 09 I logged a fault with the Data helpdesk on 3G not being available in Pretoria, Hillcrest (Lunnon Street to be exact).

    Yesterday, 23 September 09 the Technical department phoned me confirming the issue and that they was attending to it.

    Today, 24 September 09 I phoned the Data helpdesk again and they have confirmed that they have no update on their system and I have to wait until it is resolved.

    It has now been more that 48 hours and yet I can only connect to GPRS. On 3G I am able to connect but there is no data throughput.

    Is there anyway we can speed up this process - Usually Vodacom resoved this within a few hours - not we are heading for 72 hours!

    I have PM'd you the details.

    Thanks.
    Last edited by MainMeat; 24-09-2009 at 01:04 PM.
    If all else fails - GOOGLE it!

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MainMeat View Post
    Hi VodacomData,

    On Tuesday 22 September 09 I logged a fault with the Data helpdesk on 3G not being available in Pretoria, Hillcrest (Lunnon Street to be exact).

    Yesterday, 23 September 09 the Technical department phoned me confirming the issue and that they was attending to it.

    Today, 24 September 09 I phoned the Data helpdesk again and they have confirmed that they have no update on their system and I have to wait until it is resolved.

    It has now been more that 48 hours and yet I can only connect to GPRS. On 3G I am able to connect but there is no data throughput.

    Is there anyway we can speed up this process - Usually Vodacom resoved this within a few hours - not we are heading for 72 hours!

    I have PM'd you the details.

    Thanks.
    Hi VodacomData,

    This issue still persists in Hillcrest Pretoria. I have had a look at the network upgrade status and Hillcrest / Hatfield is not listed. I have also PM'ed you the details as requested, but did not receive anything feedback. Any ETA on this? - it has now been almost 4 days since I reported the issue.

    Thanks and Regards
    If all else fails - GOOGLE it!

  7. #7

    Default

    You know there are Vodacom office right on Lunnon Street (corner of Duncan & Lunnon). You should just walk in there and ask to speak to someone. Or take your notebook with 3G card in there and see if it's working.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nuyork View Post
    You know there are Vodacom office right on Lunnon Street (corner of Duncan & Lunnon). You should just walk in there and ask to speak to someone. Or take your notebook with 3G card in there and see if it's working.
    OK - and then they phone the helpdesk and also report the problem?
    If all else fails - GOOGLE it!

  9. #9

    Default

    1) Location: Rand Park Ridge (Honeydew tower and Panorama tower)
    2) Time of issue: 11:00AM till now
    3) Device: Huawai PCMCIA Express data card and blackberry
    4) Contract Type (pre-paid, contract, hybrid): both contract
    5) Existing reference numbers from 155: none
    6) speed.vodacom.co.za results (if possible):
    Download Speed: 1042 kbps (130.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 85 kbps (10.6 KB/sec transfer rate)


    The issue: We would connect and have 3G running fine for a short while then we would completely lose signal (switch to GPRS, no throughput, constant disconnects), we couldnt stay connected long enough to browse, post here or run any tests.

  10. #10

    Default

    Frequent disconnections, connections seldom lasing more than 30s, only Edge, even with a Poyinting antenna

    1) Location: Marloth Park Eastern Mpumalanga (CellID 57711)
    2) Time of issue: 2 Oct 2009 18h00
    3) Device: E272
    4) Contract Type (pre-paid, contract, hybrid): Pre-paid
    5) Existing reference numbers from 155: nil
    6) speed.vodacom.co.za results (if possible): Download 208kbps, upload 97kbps
    Last edited by Antonf; 02-10-2009 at 06:21 PM. Reason: added speed test results - eventually stayed connected long enough!

  11. #11

    Default

    Same as above - frequent disconnects and very low speed - the Vodacom has not connected since approx 20h00, however the vodacom sims all made connection via my 272 which connects to the Renosterspruit tower... p.s. my navigator Nokia - also has a problem connecting 3G and the signal indicator is only at 2 bars

    1) Location: Riverside - Tower Lanseria via directional antennae
    2) Time of issue: 2 Oct 2009 throughout day
    3) Device: e620 in linksys router
    4) Contract Type: Pre-paid
    5) Existing reference numbers: from 155 have not received only the standard nonsense that it must be my kit - however my mtn cards work fine
    6) speed.vodacom.co.za results (if possible): Download 5kbps, upload 6kbps

    very interesting is that the network name in the router keeps on changing to MTN ! The signal strength according to the router - is "no signal". Yesterday the router downloaded at very acceptable 150kbps but day before same problem ?
    Last edited by docusource; 03-10-2009 at 08:38 AM.
    i7 Core 920, 6Gb, 2Tb, Ubuntu 9.04, (Core 2 Duo E-box with a B970 and Linksys E620 failover attached as DHCP and Proxy, 4 x P4's running a Unicore GRID)

  12. #12

    Angry Vodacom 3G is in its CHOPS!!!

    Since Saturday morning around 07h00 - Frequent disconnects and very low speeds and frequent timeouts. And it's still persisting. I'm connected via GPRS now to post this message since it is impossible to do so via 3G. GPRS works fine ... SO IT MUST BE YOUR 3G network - It's in its M03R once again.

    1) Location: Brackenfell (Protea Heights)
    2) Time of issue: started yesterday morning (3 Oct 2009) and still the same
    3) Device: Novatel MC950D
    4) Contract Type: Pre-paid
    5) Existing reference numbers: F2-Y8V2P-PBRTN
    6) speed.vodacom.co.za results (if possible): NOT POSSIBLE

    Your 155 Call Center guy said that a technician will phone me within 24 hours ... still no phone call ... but then again thats what we expect from Vodacom's Customer Service.
    Ut.i.an
    Modem: Huawei B593 | Data: Telkom Home Office LTE | Location: Brackenfell

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UtianG View Post
    Since Saturday morning around 07h00 - Frequent disconnects and very low speeds and frequent timeouts. And it's still persisting. I'm connected via GPRS now to post this message since it is impossible to do so via 3G. GPRS works fine ... SO IT MUST BE YOUR 3G network - It's in its M03R once again.

    1) Location: Brackenfell (Protea Heights)
    2) Time of issue: started yesterday morning (3 Oct 2009) and still the same
    3) Device: Novatel MC950D
    4) Contract Type: Pre-paid
    5) Existing reference numbers: F2-Y8V2P-PBRTN
    6) speed.vodacom.co.za results (if possible): NOT POSSIBLE

    Your 155 Call Center guy said that a technician will phone me within 24 hours ... still no phone call ... but then again thats what we expect from Vodacom's Customer Service.
    UtianG

    So no one called you yesterday ?

    Regards
    VodacomData

  14. #14

    Default

    Guys

    You need to pm me the details

    Regards
    VodacomData

  15. #15

    Default

    I've been trying all day - PM's don't go through - basically in Sunninghill, extremely slow for past week...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 75 123451151 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •