VodacomData

Vodacom Representative
Company Rep
Vodacom Problems: Slow Throughput, Trying to Connect, DNS, High Latency

Reporting Issues
For reporting issues to Vodacom Support:
1) Call (082)155 (Free from a Vodacom SIM)
2) Mail Customer Care on customercare@vodacom.co.za
3) Read the FAQ in this forum.
4) Use the SelfHelp facility.
5) Search this forum, and chances are your question has been answered many times before.

For reporting New Problems in this thread (all the information is required):
1) Location:
2) Time of issue:
3) Device:
4) Contract Type (pre-paid, contract, hybrid):
5) Existing reference numbers from 155:
6) speed.vodacom.co.za results (if possible):

For reporting Problems in PM to VodacomData (all the information is required):
1) First name:
2) Last name:
3) Contact tel. number:
4) Area you're in:
5) Physical address, if relevant:
6) Cell number under discussion:
7) Verify APN in use:
8) Contract type (pre-paid, contract, hybrid):
9) Bundle type & size:
10)For Data Card, specify the Hardware and Firmware version:

Last edited by a moderator:

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Just a quick mod note: This thread will replace the old one so VodacomData can keep the first post updated with current events.

Please provide the required information for posting in the thread so we can keep the back and forth questions to a minimum and spend more time on resolutions. I am going to be quite strict on posts that do not have the required information in them. :)

Keeper

Honorary Master
Vodacom 3G in Kempton Park

anyone else having problems?

mine is disconnecting like ALL the time, since yesterday :erm:

a few minutes ago it wanted to connect to "3G" and not "Vodacom 3G" or "Vodacom HSDPA" - anything to do with that?

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator
anyone else having problems?

mine is disconnecting like ALL the time, since yesterday :erm:

a few minutes ago it wanted to connect to "3G" and not "Vodacom 3G" or "Vodacom HSDPA" - anything to do with that?

Please add the rest of the details as per the first post.

MainMeat

3G Still down in Pretoria Hillcrest - 48 hours and waiting

Hi VodacomData,

On Tuesday 22 September 09 I logged a fault with the Data helpdesk on 3G not being available in Pretoria, Hillcrest (Lunnon Street to be exact).

Yesterday, 23 September 09 the Technical department phoned me confirming the issue and that they was attending to it.

Today, 24 September 09 I phoned the Data helpdesk again and they have confirmed that they have no update on their system and I have to wait until it is resolved.

It has now been more that 48 hours and yet I can only connect to GPRS. On 3G I am able to connect but there is no data throughput.

Is there anyway we can speed up this process - Usually Vodacom resoved this within a few hours - not we are heading for 72 hours!

I have PM'd you the details.

Thanks.

Last edited:

MainMeat

Hi VodacomData,

On Tuesday 22 September 09 I logged a fault with the Data helpdesk on 3G not being available in Pretoria, Hillcrest (Lunnon Street to be exact).

Yesterday, 23 September 09 the Technical department phoned me confirming the issue and that they was attending to it.

Today, 24 September 09 I phoned the Data helpdesk again and they have confirmed that they have no update on their system and I have to wait until it is resolved.

It has now been more that 48 hours and yet I can only connect to GPRS. On 3G I am able to connect but there is no data throughput.

Is there anyway we can speed up this process - Usually Vodacom resoved this within a few hours - not we are heading for 72 hours!

I have PM'd you the details.

Thanks.

Hi VodacomData,

This issue still persists in Hillcrest Pretoria. I have had a look at the network upgrade status and Hillcrest / Hatfield is not listed. I have also PM'ed you the details as requested, but did not receive anything feedback. Any ETA on this? - it has now been almost 4 days since I reported the issue.

Thanks and Regards

nuyork

Expert Member
You know there are Vodacom office right on Lunnon Street (corner of Duncan & Lunnon). You should just walk in there and ask to speak to someone. Or take your notebook with 3G card in there and see if it's working.

MainMeat

You know there are Vodacom office right on Lunnon Street (corner of Duncan & Lunnon). You should just walk in there and ask to speak to someone. Or take your notebook with 3G card in there and see if it's working.

OK - and then they phone the helpdesk and also report the problem?

edg3

1) Location: Rand Park Ridge (Honeydew tower and Panorama tower)
2) Time of issue: 11:00AM till now
3) Device: Huawai PCMCIA Express data card and blackberry
4) Contract Type (pre-paid, contract, hybrid): both contract
5) Existing reference numbers from 155: none
6) speed.vodacom.co.za results (if possible):
Download Speed: 1042 kbps (130.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 85 kbps (10.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

The issue: We would connect and have 3G running fine for a short while then we would completely lose signal (switch to GPRS, no throughput, constant disconnects), we couldnt stay connected long enough to browse, post here or run any tests.

Antonf

Expert Member
Frequent disconnections, connections seldom lasing more than 30s, only Edge, even with a Poyinting antenna

1) Location: Marloth Park Eastern Mpumalanga (CellID 57711)
2) Time of issue: 2 Oct 2009 18h00
3) Device: E272
4) Contract Type (pre-paid, contract, hybrid): Pre-paid
5) Existing reference numbers from 155: nil
6) speed.vodacom.co.za results (if possible): Download 208kbps, upload 97kbps

Last edited:

docusource

Same as above - frequent disconnects and very low speed - the Vodacom has not connected since approx 20h00, however the vodacom sims all made connection via my 272 which connects to the Renosterspruit tower... p.s. my navigator Nokia - also has a problem connecting 3G and the signal indicator is only at 2 bars

1) Location: Riverside - Tower Lanseria via directional antennae
2) Time of issue: 2 Oct 2009 throughout day
3) Device: e620 in linksys router
4) Contract Type: Pre-paid
5) Existing reference numbers: from 155 have not received only the standard nonsense that it must be my kit - however my mtn cards work fine
6) speed.vodacom.co.za results (if possible): Download 5kbps, upload 6kbps

very interesting is that the network name in the router keeps on changing to MTN ! The signal strength according to the router - is "no signal". Yesterday the router downloaded at very acceptable 150kbps but day before same problem ?

Last edited:

UtianG

Vodacom 3G is in its CHOPS!!!

Since Saturday morning around 07h00 - Frequent disconnects and very low speeds and frequent timeouts. And it's still persisting. I'm connected via GPRS now to post this message since it is impossible to do so via 3G. GPRS works fine ... SO IT MUST BE YOUR 3G network - It's in its M03R once again.

1) Location: Brackenfell (Protea Heights)
2) Time of issue: started yesterday morning (3 Oct 2009) and still the same
3) Device: Novatel MC950D
5) Existing reference numbers: F2-Y8V2P-PBRTN
6) speed.vodacom.co.za results (if possible): NOT POSSIBLE

Your 155 Call Center guy said that a technician will phone me within 24 hours ... still no phone call ... but then again thats what we expect from Vodacom's Customer Service.

VodacomData

Vodacom Representative
Company Rep
Since Saturday morning around 07h00 - Frequent disconnects and very low speeds and frequent timeouts. And it's still persisting. I'm connected via GPRS now to post this message since it is impossible to do so via 3G. GPRS works fine ... SO IT MUST BE YOUR 3G network - It's in its M03R once again.

1) Location: Brackenfell (Protea Heights)
2) Time of issue: started yesterday morning (3 Oct 2009) and still the same
3) Device: Novatel MC950D
5) Existing reference numbers: F2-Y8V2P-PBRTN
6) speed.vodacom.co.za results (if possible): NOT POSSIBLE

Your 155 Call Center guy said that a technician will phone me within 24 hours ... still no phone call ... but then again thats what we expect from Vodacom's Customer Service.

UtianG

So no one called you yesterday ?

Regards
VodacomData

Unkredible

I've been trying all day - PM's don't go through - basically in Sunninghill, extremely slow for past week...:(:(:(

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I've been trying all day - PM's don't go through - basically in Sunninghill, extremely slow for past week...:(:(:(

If you can't send VodacomData the info he needs then you will have to give 155 a call and see if they can help you.

UtianG

UtianG

So no one called you yesterday ?

Regards
VodacomData

Hey VodacomData, I got a call yesterday at 15h00 saying that i will get a call today from a technician. The technician phoned this morning to check which tower i'm connecting to, and said they will investigate.

I will be monitoring my connection now.

I'm connected with 3G now and seems much better than the weekend.

So lets hope the problem was resolved. I would love to know what was wrong though.

Thanx VodacomData

nolsie1

My Vodacom 3G connection seems very slow today.
My test results:

speedtest.net

Download Speed: 0.5Mb/s
Upload Speed: 0.32Mb/s

speed.vodacom
Download Speed: 4566 kbps (570.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1149 kbps (143.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Why is speed.vodacom showing very fast connection, and speedtest/reality is slow?
Is the problem with the connection from vodacom to the world?

TowerGuru

Expert Member
My Vodacom 3G connection seems very slow today.
My test results:

speedtest.net

Download Speed: 0.5Mb/s
Upload Speed: 0.32Mb/s

speed.vodacom
Download Speed: 4566 kbps (570.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1149 kbps (143.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Why is speed.vodacom showing very fast connection, and speedtest/reality is slow?
Is the problem with the connection from vodacom to the world?

+1

phiber

Expert Member
Guys

You need to pm me the details

Regards
VodacomData

If you can't send VodacomData the info he needs then you will have to give 155 a call and see if they can help you.

I have Pm'd this dude about my refund, and been promised it. Still haven't got it, and he doesn't reply to any pm's anymore... VD, can u let me know if i will ever get that refund ?