MTN SuperSonic Feedback

cavedog

Honorary Master
How this.... My Telkom LTE-A sim beating the crap out of Supersonic fibre.... Wow

telkom_lte_a.png

cavedog

Honorary Master
Really bad today.....

supersonic_googledns_14.07.19.png

Really struggled to get to 70 now.

Last edited:

cavedog

Honorary Master
So They insist on logging a line fault with Openserve because the ONT is faulty according to Supersonic.

Here is Cool Ideas same line.

cool_ideas.png

Small ISP Infogro is better
infogro.png

Last edited:

cavedog

Honorary Master
These guys are so retarded. Surely this is undeniable proof?!?!?
According to them it's the line and they don't want to hear anything else. I suggested it's IPC congestion they refused. So maybe the router after the IPC is getting saturated but they refuse they say it's the ONT or between my ONT and the IPC handoff.

This is from one of their senior technicians. All these trace routers clearly show it's not my router or network even when I connect directly to the ONT makes no difference. It's not the line because other ISP's are all fine. Cool Ideas, Webafrica, Axxess, Vox, Cybersmart all work perfectly on the same router same ONT and same line. So why only their account and network?

MisterV

@wingnut771 @Veck

So here are some pingplotter results. You can see the Supersonic one is very erratic and unstable. Cybersmart had 1 spike but see how straight that average line is. Supersonic is all over the place. Supersonic is giving me ~70Mbps on a 200Mbps line currently. After 8pm I suspect we will hit the 400ms to google servers in JHB.

From what I have experienced these are the best ISPs on Openserve network wise.

Webafrica
Axxess
Afrihost
Infogro

Very good local and fast international but slightly higher latency
Cybersmart
Vox

Worst so far is Supersonic and sadly it wasn't always like this but they don't want to accept they have a problem so yeah what else is there to say about the mybb rated "best fibre ISP" that I probably also help put there with all my 5 star ratings.

Supersonic
View attachment 683327

Webafrica
View attachment 683329

Cybersmart
View attachment 683331
sorry a bit late to the show, but from all this @cavedog you and me can finnally agree that axxess is a great isp. ALTHOUGH i must say the support is a bit lackluster? I do miss my ADSL with axxess i have to say, but i really need more than 10meg which this ADSL connection can provide. Im curious to who you are going to switch to next ?

cavedog

Honorary Master
sorry a bit late to the show, but from all this @cavedog you and me can finnally agree that axxess is a great isp. ALTHOUGH i must say the support is a bit lackluster? I do miss my ADSL with axxess i have to say, but i really need more than 10meg which this ADSL connection can provide. Im curious to who you are going to switch to next ?
Axxess, Afrihost, Webafrica, Infogro and Cool Ideas has the best latency locally and internationally.

Axxess network on capped accounts just works. Full speed all the time low latency stable connection. On Openserve their uncapped accounts are not that great. The fair use policies are insane but I guess that is why they don't suffer from IPC congestion is because the FUP keeps people in check and honestly that is not always nice especially when you just subscribed to origin access on xbox and want to download 3 games and realize that you have reached the FUP and download are crawling.

I have already done all the paperwork with Seacom previously Macrolan and have confirmation. They will be couriering me the router in the week of the 25th and is waiting for Supersonic to release the line. So this is going to be my only headache. Supersonic as if they aren't a headache enough.

On another note and @Yuu will also find it interesting Supersonic contacted me and he was instructed to arrange a date to collect the router. On Friday Supersonic acknowledged my ISPA complaint and are working through the complaint to understand what went wrong and find a solution. I'm guessing their solution is getting me off their network because they want to collect the router so looks like they aren't going to change my mind about staying on their network which suits m perfectly fine anyways.

MisterV

Axxess, Afrihost, Webafrica, Infogro and Cool Ideas has the best latency locally and internationally.

Axxess network on capped accounts just works. Full speed all the time low latency stable connection. On Openserve their uncapped accounts are not that great. The fair use policies are insane but I guess that is why they don't suffer from IPC congestion is because the FUP keeps people in check and honestly that is not always nice especially when you just subscribed to origin access on xbox and want to download 3 games and realize that you have reached the FUP and download are crawling.

I have already done all the paperwork with Seacom previously Macrolan and have confirmation. They will be couriering me the router in the week of the 25th and is waiting for Supersonic to release the line. So this is going to be my only headache. Supersonic as if they aren't a headache enough.

On another note and @Yuu will also find it interesting Supersonic contacted me and he was instructed to arrange a date to collect the router. On Friday Supersonic acknowledged my ISPA complaint and are working through the complaint to understand what went wrong and find a solution. I'm guessing their solution is getting me off their network because they want to collect the router so looks like they aren't going to change my mind about staying on their network which suits m perfectly fine anyways.
how does one like this multiple times ? xD
But no great to hear it, i didn't even know Seacom is a ISP on Openserve ? i will be waiting for your opinion and review on them. Strongs for dealing with Supersonic mate, you have saved some people the hassle including myself, especially customers on the Openserve network

cavedog

Honorary Master
how does one like this multiple times ? xD
But no great to hear it, i didn't even know Seacom is a ISP on Openserve ? i will be waiting for your opinion and review on them. Strongs for dealing with Supersonic mate, you have saved some people the hassle including myself, especially customers on the Openserve network
So sad they were so good when I joined and for the most part I enjoyed it but when the wheels came off they wanted to fix the engine instead of putting the wheels back on.

Macrolan is now Seacom so yeah they do offer Openserve FTTH and FTTB and the FTTH offers are very impressive actually. So I'm keen to see how good their network is otherwise I will be move again.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Cybersmart is probably the best. Pity about the latency that is slightly higher than the rest but soooooo stable.

cybersmart_london.png

MisterV

Cybersmart is probably the best. Pity about the latency that is slightly higher than the rest but soooooo stable.

View attachment 683681
you see i can afford even that 200meg business package as i pay just R100 less at the moment for internet, and the latency is not too bad, not too worried about it. My main concern is support? How do they handle issues like what you have with Supersonic, do they listen to the customer and act on it? Also who do they use for backhaul and such? i dont know why but their website looks a bit sketch to me, one gets the feeling like its a startup, and not a well established ISP.

And then, probably the most important question is how is their international single threaded downloads? I would kill to watch a twitch stream just for one night without it buffering.

cavedog

Honorary Master
you see i can afford even that 200meg business package as i pay just R100 less at the moment for internet, and the latency is not too bad, not too worried about it. My main concern is support? How do they handle issues like what you have with Supersonic, do they listen to the customer and act on it? Also who do they use for backhaul and such? i dont know why but their website looks a bit sketch to me, one gets the feeling like its a startup, and not a well established ISP.
They run their own network and it's well been the MOST stable of all the networks I tried and I tried a lot of them. The only reason I don't use them is because as you can see 180ms to London is 20ms more than the rest so when I play League of legends I get 200ms on Cybersmart where the rest give me 180ms.

They actually more established than the rest of the fibre ISPs and they were my very fisrt adsl provider when I was rocking super fast 128k adsl :laugh:

I have a 200GB capped account since January this year that I use as a backup and sometimes all the time due to Supersonic issues and they have NEVER had issues. No congestion what so ever. Very stable.

If you want to test before you buy get a capped account. https://www.cybersmart.co.za/ADSL/ADSL-Landing.php ADSL data only. It's not speed restricted so works on Openserve and is R189 and gets instantly activated too. Just remember to cancel it if you do. I would suggest mine but seems they lock it to the line because other lines can't dial to my account.

If Macrolan does not work out Cybersmart is definitely on the list of my go to ISPs

Reactions: Yuu

lllDevin564lll

Thanks for the feedback on Supersonic's performance, I was considering switching over to them but after reading your recent posts - I will stay well clear.

On the Openserve FTTH network, can you "dial" an ISP's PPPoe details like you could with ADSL?

MisterV

They run their own network and it's well been the MOST stable of all the networks I tried and I tried a lot of them. The only reason I don't use them is because as you can see 180ms to London is 20ms more than the rest so when I play League of legends I get 200ms on Cybersmart where the rest give me 180ms.

They actually more established than the rest of the fibre ISPs and they were my very fisrt adsl provider when I was rocking super fast 128k adsl :laugh:

I have a 200GB capped account since January this year that I use as a backup and sometimes all the time due to Supersonic issues and they have NEVER had issues. No congestion what so ever. Very stable.

If you want to test before you buy get a capped account. https://www.cybersmart.co.za/ADSL/ADSL-Landing.php ADSL data only. It's not speed restricted so works on Openserve and is R189 and gets instantly activated too. Just remember to cancel it if you do. I would suggest mine but seems they lock it to the line because other lines can't dial to my account.

If Macrolan does not work out Cybersmart is definitely on the list of my go to ISPs
Ok, so this is like a dont judge a book by its cover situation xD or judge a ISP by their web page. Yeah like i said i dont really care about international latency as long as the throughput is very good. I play competitave CSGO mosly and and a TON of ARK locally. But i feel you on that 200ms for LoL, my friends always complain about the delay even on 160ms.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Thanks for the feedback on Supersonic's performance, I was considering switching over to them but after reading your recent posts - I will stay well clear.

On the Openserve FTTH network, can you "dial" an ISP's PPPoe details like you could with ADSL?
Yes you can. ANY openserve pppoe details will work. So Supersonic pppoe details work on adsl lines for example and adsl accounts work of openserve fibre lines.

Some ISP's do limit the adsl accounts to 40Mbps like Infogro, Telkom and IS based adsl accounts. Other adsl accounts like Afrihost, Webafrica, Cybersmart,Axxess, Vox ect works at line speed.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Ok, so this is like a dont judge a book by its cover situation xD or judge a ISP by their web page. Yeah like i said i dont really care about international latency as long as the throughput is very good. I play competitave CSGO mosly and and a TON of ARK locally. But i feel you on that 200ms for LoL, my friends always complain about the delay even on 160ms.
Yeah you need to experience their network to make a decision it's really good. If Macrolan wasn't in the picture I would have probably gone for the Cybersmart 200Mbps deal.

cybersmart.png

lllDevin564lll

Yes you can. ANY openserve pppoe details will work. So Supersonic pppoe details work on adsl lines for example and adsl accounts work of openserve fibre lines.

Some ISP's do limit the adsl accounts to 40Mbps like Infogro, Telkom and IS based adsl accounts. Other adsl accounts like Afrihost, Webafrica, Cybersmart,Axxess, Vox ect works at line speed.
Thanks for the reply - I guess Openserves network is structured differently to the likes of Vumatel, Metrofibre etc etc as you need a dedicated router from the ISP on the mentioned FNOs.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Thanks for the reply - I guess Openserves network is structured differently to the likes of Vumatel, Metrofibre etc etc as you need a dedicated router from the ISP on the mentioned FNOs.
Openserve runs their network completely different to that of Vumatel. You are still going to need a wan router to dial the connection but switching ISPs are easy.

Sadly that flexibility comes at a price as they are the most expensive fibre network because of IPC but they have a very good stable network which is nice.