MTN SuperSonic Feedback

kenironside

Is there any way to actually speak to someone who can actually do something at Supersonic? I sent them an email and WA on the 11 November, canceling my Fixed LTE contract (no router). Apart from an acknowledgment email with a case number, I have had no further response from Supersonic despite almost daily WA interactions in which they say they will be in contact 'shortly'; 'definitely be in touch with you'; 'as soon as possible'; and so on.

Any bright ideas would be most welcome. Thanks.

LandyMan

Honorary Master
Is there any way to actually speak to someone who can actually do something at Supersonic? I sent them an email and WA on the 11 November, canceling my Fixed LTE contract (no router). Apart from an acknowledgment email with a case number, I have had no further response from Supersonic despite almost daily WA interactions in which they say they will be in contact 'shortly'; 'definitely be in touch with you'; 'as soon as possible'; and so on.

Any bright ideas would be most welcome. Thanks.
You can try to phone them? I just told the WA crowd yesterday to get a Supervisor to phone me, and one did

kenironside

Thanks, I have tried phoning them, no luck getting through, but getting someone to phone me...that's worth a try, thanks!

Sabre

Down in Lonehill and no response to the stupid WhatsApp number

LandyMan

Honorary Master
Well, I've been in discussion with their "Helpdesk" around the stupid packet drops after 21:30 every night .. WOW is all I can say :)

nivek

Executive Member
Completely unusable at night..

How does one cancel with a service provider that doesnt communicate on any of the channels that they support?

They really need to restructure their contact center management, and by restructure I mean kick them out the door.
Telkom in the 90s, with their monopoly and awful customer service, was better than what Supersonic provides today

LandyMan

Honorary Master

How does one cancel with a service provider that doesnt communicate on any of the channels that they support?

They really need to restructure their contact center management, and by restructure I mean kick them out the door.
Telkom in the 90s, with their monopoly and awful customer service, was better than what Supersonic provides today
Interesting statement ... I have been fighting with them for over 2 months now, every night after 21:30, twitch streaming doesn't work, packet drops on online gaming.

Every time I send a message, they want me to do a speedtest ... holy F0k people, catch a wake up

nivek

Executive Member
Interesting statement ... I have been fighting with them for over 2 months now, every night after 21:30, twitch streaming doesn't work, packet drops on online gaming.

Every time I send a message, they want me to do a speedtest ... holy F0k people, catch a wake up
You know your service is **** when you make home affairs look good
I've had the "pleasure" of dealing with both contact centres numerous times over the past few months. If you call home affairs you sit in the queue for 30-45 minutes but you eventually get through to someone, who is usually able to assist.
With Supersonic you sit in the queue for hours and nobody EVER answers, it doesnt matter which option you select, or what time of day you call

So, congratulations SS, you're officially worse than home affairs imho

But with regards to the speed issue, local is ok, everything else is unusable

who is your fibre provider? let's see if we have something in common there
I'm on SADV

DieSlaaibak

Thought I'd share my experience with S#####Sonic

Our area received notice that Vumatel was busy installing.
I made an order on Vuma's site with Supersonic in August 2019, as I've never had issues with MTN in my 15years as a customer. I was hoping/expecting for the same level of "service"?

Closer to the time of Installation I phoned Mweb to cancel my LTE(CellC) that i had through them, however I got passed to retention's who offered me a sizeable discount to stay with Mweb and use their FTTH.
Immediately emailed/called Supersonic to cancel installation.

SO done deal I thought.

Mweb installed and I've been very happy with my 20/20 service

2 Nov 2019 Supersonic deducts from my account..
OK I thought might have been an oops as they are "new" in the fibre space...
Whatsapp support and called them - promised it would be sorted...

2 Dec 2019 - ANOTHER Debit order from Supersonic What the Actual F!
Again called and Whatsapp'd the support/accoutns/sales etc

so After dealing with the worst call centre support I've ever had - (I actually miss telkom ADSL support now) To date nothing was refunded...

STEER CLEAR of these guys.

Last edited:

Marz

Not sure if I am angrier or sadder after reading these last few comments
I have also had issues after 9 in the evening on the SS network. After phoning them and asking them to check their service, I got told (and I quote) "It is not Supersonics responsibility to insure international connectivity, only local". Apparently if I can open google (which is locally cached) it means they are doing their job.

I am in an area where I have no other option than to use SS. There must be someway to get to these people and get them to see the light!

cavedog

Honorary Master
Not sure if I am angrier or sadder after reading these last few comments
I have also had issues after 9 in the evening on the SS network. After phoning them and asking them to check their service, I got told (and I quote) "It is not Supersonics responsibility to insure international connectivity, only local". Apparently if I can open google (which is locally cached) it means they are doing their job.

I am in an area where I have no other option than to use SS. There must be someway to get to these people and get them to see the light!
If you have Supersonic as your cable provider they are open access.

You can use cool ideas, level-7, supersonic and there are a few others that don't come to mind now. Have you tried switching isps?

nivek

Executive Member

You can use cool ideas, level-7, supersonic and there are a few others that don't come to mind now. Have you tried switching isps?
I'm ready to switch ISP's.. but judging by some of the other ISP threads it doesn't really seem like the grass is any greener elsewhere

Marz

I already tried to get cool ideas on board a few months back but it seems they dont have access to my area but oddly enough I see that level-7 does. I have never heard of them though.

Starting to wonder who would actually be a good alternative these days

LandyMan

Honorary Master
I already tried to get cool ideas on board a few months back but it seems they dont have access to my area but oddly enough I see that level-7 does. I have never heard of them though.

Starting to wonder who would actually be a good alternative these days
I have never personally used Level-7, but my father's company has been using them for years for hosting and as ISP ... with zero issues/complaints. I know some people in our estate also use Level-7, and come highly recommended by them.

NOTE: I have not PERSONAL experience with them, this is hearsay :)

LandyMan

Honorary Master