MTN SuperSonic Feedback

NovaDragon

Good day all
Is there any body else have fibre connection issue in centurion lyttleton area close to jean crossing.
as my fibre been down from 1am this morning the support say it a issue with open serv and cant get me a eta on when it will be fixed.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Good day all
Is there any body else have fibre connection issue in centurion lyttleton area close to jean crossing.
as my fibre been down from 1am this morning the support say it a issue with open serv and cant get me a eta on when it will be fixed.
Did you try to see if it's an Openserve or Supersonic issue by using a different ISP details?

NovaDragon

i dont have other different isp details
plus super sonic support team is saying it is a open serv issue

cavedog

Honorary Master
i dont have other different isp details
plus super sonic support team is saying it is a open serv issue
Yeah well I don't trust a single word Supersonic says.... Drop me a PM I have a 1GB account laying around here somewhere if you want to tests.

Just a note I don't see any openserve network notices for the area you mentioned so if it's an Openserve issue it could be something wrong with their handover to Supersonic or actually a Supersonic issue.

NovaDragon

supersonic sent a sms now about the service been down according to the sms it is a network issue and they dont have a eta on this

r00igev@@r

Expert Member
So this is the MyBB ISP of the year and they are not in the forums. I think their award should be withdrawn. Yesterday their LTE went titsup. Had to stop at a wifi hotspot to connect and do some work.

Markjschafer

Has anyone successfully done a top-up via their online app. I'm trying to query it but no response. An earlier comment mentioned getting a ticket from the member page. that seems to be gone. Do they allow multiple accounts? if so it will be a damn sight cheaper than topping up. 100GB for 699

LandyMan

Honorary Master
This is how the #1 ISP in SA responds to faults ... wait for myBB to report on it, and then quote it:

Markjschafer

Mtn guys. Please stop lying to yourselves. Your system is not right at all. Your topup system does not work and I was told by Mr. Helpful on WhatsApp, to pay directly, email support and I will be connected within minutes. I did an immediate payment and sent off my proof of payments by 9. By 13:00, I went onto WhatsApp. Mr. Helpful asked me to send him the proof of payment, which I immediately did. He's gone to tea/lunch, probably home. It's now almost 2 hours later and I'm still waiting.

You've lied to everyone about how **** hot your system, but in reality it's just ****.

Neet

International, paris & uk servers are unusable now sigh. gotten worse. stupidly bad packet loss as well.

Ayatolla

So this is the MyBB ISP of the year and they are not in the forums. I think their award should be withdrawn. Yesterday their LTE went titsup. Had to stop at a wifi hotspot to connect and do some work.
How does one contact MyBB journalists. I would like them to investigate this so called ISP of the year. I've only had bad customer service from them. I received better customer service from Telkom back in the ADSL days...

wingnut771

Executive Member
How does one contact MyBB journalists. I would like them to investigate this so called ISP of the year. I've only had bad customer service from them. I received better customer service from Telkom back in the ADSL days...
i think they took the results from speedtest.net ratings.
maybe rate them there with 1 star a million times.

nivek

Executive Member
Completely fallen over this morning, ridiculous packet loss on both local & international

cavedog

Honorary Master
MTN Supersonic now offers fibre over Vodacom fibre. Interesting :unsure: