MTN SuperSonic Feedback

BradleyKZN

Expert Member
Sigh. So the issues continued, despite the fact that I cancelled in October.
Woke up this morning to a debit order from them of R1200.00
Contact them, they send a screenshot showing that I cancelled 14th January.
So I send them a screenshot and reference number of my cancellation and they simply send back the same screenshot showing I cancelled 14th January.
Guess i'll contact ISPA, NCC and whoever else.

rolo87

Hey guys, excuse the ignorance. I've been with Supersonic for 2 years and besides the usual complaints (Call Centre, Customer Portal) i've been happy with my line until recently. I play FIFA competitively (PS4) and around the end of JAN i'm not sure what MTN have changed but I am now connecting to the European server even though EA have a local server. Do you think this is due to them rerouting traffic due to all the breakages ?

My actual line is fine perfect speedtests and normal ping etc.

Also Can I just buy Data from another Service provider and just pop the details into my router like I used to do with ADSL ?

Any help will be appreciated as i'm frustrated and there call centre are clueless on the issue.

Savy561

Hey guys, excuse the ignorance. I've been with Supersonic for 2 years and besides the usual complaints (Call Centre, Customer Portal) i've been happy with my line until recently. I play FIFA competitively (PS4) and around the end of JAN i'm not sure what MTN have changed but I am now connecting to the European server even though EA have a local server. Do you think this is due to them rerouting traffic due to all the breakages ?

My actual line is fine perfect speedtests and normal ping etc.

Also Can I just buy Data from another Service provider and just pop the details into my router like I used to do with ADSL ?

Any help will be appreciated as i'm frustrated and there call centre are clueless on the issue.
It's been an ongoing issue for a few supersonic customers lately. It's not that you are connecting to an EU server but rather connecting to an SA server with high latency.

Last night I had 210ms to dota 2 SA servers while EU servers had 187ms. It just suddenly fixed itself after about 40 min. You can also find a few other posts about this in the gaming forum section.

rolo87

Thanks for the reply - The only reason why I don't think this is the case is because no one else in SA playing FIFA is experiencing the same as I am on different ISP's surely then everyone would be experiencing it ?

Also when we connecting to local servers when we search for a game it takes +- about 2min to find a game now when i search it takes half a second and i've found a game with 1 bar latency though :(

It's been an ongoing issue for a few supersonic customers lately. It's not that you are connecting to an EU server but rather connecting to an SA server with high latency.

Last night I had 210ms to dota 2 SA servers while EU servers had 187ms. It just suddenly fixed itself after about 40 min. You can also find a few other posts about this in the gaming forum section.

LandyMan

Honorary Master
Anyone else struggling with international traffic today?
There was an issue that I picked up around 4:40 this morning ... logged a call, and by 8am it was working ... not sure if they fixed it for me, or if it was general failure that got resolved

Dianysis

Expert Member
Anyone with a Supersonic sim:
Please can you login to client portal and show how roll over data is indicated?