MTN SuperSonic Feedback

BradleyKZN

Expert Member
Sigh. So the issues continued, despite the fact that I cancelled in October.
Woke up this morning to a debit order from them of R1200.00
Contact them, they send a screenshot showing that I cancelled 14th January.
So I send them a screenshot and reference number of my cancellation and they simply send back the same screenshot showing I cancelled 14th January.
Guess i'll contact ISPA, NCC and whoever else.

rolo87

Hey guys, excuse the ignorance. I've been with Supersonic for 2 years and besides the usual complaints (Call Centre, Customer Portal) i've been happy with my line until recently. I play FIFA competitively (PS4) and around the end of JAN i'm not sure what MTN have changed but I am now connecting to the European server even though EA have a local server. Do you think this is due to them rerouting traffic due to all the breakages ?

My actual line is fine perfect speedtests and normal ping etc.

Also Can I just buy Data from another Service provider and just pop the details into my router like I used to do with ADSL ?

Any help will be appreciated as i'm frustrated and there call centre are clueless on the issue.

Savy561

Hey guys, excuse the ignorance. I've been with Supersonic for 2 years and besides the usual complaints (Call Centre, Customer Portal) i've been happy with my line until recently. I play FIFA competitively (PS4) and around the end of JAN i'm not sure what MTN have changed but I am now connecting to the European server even though EA have a local server. Do you think this is due to them rerouting traffic due to all the breakages ?

My actual line is fine perfect speedtests and normal ping etc.

Also Can I just buy Data from another Service provider and just pop the details into my router like I used to do with ADSL ?

Any help will be appreciated as i'm frustrated and there call centre are clueless on the issue.
It's been an ongoing issue for a few supersonic customers lately. It's not that you are connecting to an EU server but rather connecting to an SA server with high latency.

Last night I had 210ms to dota 2 SA servers while EU servers had 187ms. It just suddenly fixed itself after about 40 min. You can also find a few other posts about this in the gaming forum section.

rolo87

Thanks for the reply - The only reason why I don't think this is the case is because no one else in SA playing FIFA is experiencing the same as I am on different ISP's surely then everyone would be experiencing it ?

Also when we connecting to local servers when we search for a game it takes +- about 2min to find a game now when i search it takes half a second and i've found a game with 1 bar latency though :(

It's been an ongoing issue for a few supersonic customers lately. It's not that you are connecting to an EU server but rather connecting to an SA server with high latency.

Last night I had 210ms to dota 2 SA servers while EU servers had 187ms. It just suddenly fixed itself after about 40 min. You can also find a few other posts about this in the gaming forum section.

LandyMan

Honorary Master
Anyone else struggling with international traffic today?
There was an issue that I picked up around 4:40 this morning ... logged a call, and by 8am it was working ... not sure if they fixed it for me, or if it was general failure that got resolved

Dianysis

Expert Member
Anyone with a Supersonic sim:
Please can you login to client portal and show how roll over data is indicated?

Klipdrif

International speeds are poor. Anyone else having issues? Buffering on small file streams on 100MB line. Local is 100%. International is about 20% of local.

LandyMan

Honorary Master
International speeds are poor. Anyone else having issues? Buffering on small file streams on 100MB line. Local is 100%. International is about 20% of local.
I have been noticing twitch buffering ... my normal indication of trouble is a speedtest to AT&T New York ... if it is not Down and UP the same, we are in for pain

Neet

I've been back and forth with them on twitter for about 2 weeks now about this garbage international speeds & packet loss and keep getting nonsensical networking stuff they have no idea what they're talking about, I got one saying "...packet loss only happens locally..." called him/her out on it asking how to cancel yet I get difference response each time from another random person, there is no way to track issues they have no ticketing system it seems either then I get the usual weak responses that the servers I'm testing to is the issue....

Zero feedback on the issues despite them saying "we're looking into it" days later having follow up on with some other random person which has no idea what I'm talking about starting over again...

I'm on 100mb line(Vuma trenched) atm and its unuseable internationally sub 10mbps sometimes 2 or 3mbps

Paris speed test;

Iperf speedtest done to an amazon server in EU West/Ireland
ss (2020-04-07 at 01.24.05).png
bad packet loss;

highvoltage

I've been struggling with Supersonic for months now just to get an invoice from them so that I can pay them. The amount of time I've spent just to try to pay them is ridiculous. I'm adding them to my avoid list now.

LandyMan

Honorary Master
I've been back and forth with them on twitter for about 2 weeks now about this garbage international speeds & packet loss and keep getting nonsensical networking stuff they have no idea what they're talking about, I got one saying "...packet loss only happens locally..." called him/her out on it asking how to cancel yet I get difference response each time from another random person, there is no way to track issues they have no ticketing system it seems either then I get the usual weak responses that the servers I'm testing to is the issue....

Zero feedback on the issues despite them saying "we're looking into it" days later having follow up on with some other random person which has no idea what I'm talking about starting over again...

I'm on 100mb line(Vuma trenched) atm and its unuseable internationally sub 10mbps sometimes 2 or 3mbps

Paris speed test;

Iperf speedtest done to an amazon server in EU West/Ireland
View attachment 822197
bad packet loss;
I feel your pain ... I shared some of my WA convos here, and know exactly what you are talking about!

LandyMan

Honorary Master
So again, international throughput on Supersonic is stupid low, so twitch streaming doesn't work (to name but one issue) ... Doesn't help to have moerse local speeds, but you can't do anything internationally.
It is like buying a car with a top speed of 120km/h ... but it will only drive at 120km/h in Gauteng, and 10km/h anywhere outside of it.

Latino1982ZA

Is there a Supersonic rep on this forum?
I am also struggling with Supersonic, their speed is always up and down, right now I cannot even run a speed test. Worst choice I have ever made.

Attachments

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but does anyone know why Supersonic doesn't offer speeds any higher than 100Mb (in my area at least) through Frogfoot, while Frogfoot itself offers up to 1Gb through various other ISPs. Maybe I don't understand the difference between the ISP and the fibre provider... Why not also provide the higher speeds if Frogfoot supports it?