MTN SuperSonic Feedback

wingnut771

Executive Member
Thanks for the reply - I guess Openserves network is structured differently to the likes of Vumatel, Metrofibre etc etc as you need a dedicated router from the ISP on the mentioned FNOs.
Any WAN router will work, just set it to dynamic.

MisterV

Who is your ISP? There is Afrihost ip there. Then level-7 then seacom :unsure: Well seacomnet could just be the transit provider but afrihost and level-7 :unsure:
its level 7 wireless, so that second hop has to be their network? cant imagine it would belong to Afrihost? The dish is bridged so that the router can dial PPPOE. I assume the tower on their end is also bridged.

Last edited:

Haterade

Has anyone else been having issues with speed drops/latency spikes in the evenings?

I know that speed tests are meaningless but I notice the issue with FTP transfers too, which are otherwise fine during the day. I'm on SADV, for what it's worth.

EDIT: back to normal at 2am:

Last edited:

sarope

@cavedog, what are your thoughts on Seacom as your provider now that you've been with them a while? I'm in the process of moving premises and the new place has existing Vuma infrastructure installed, so I'm trying to find the best option in terms of ISP. Seacom does look appealing though.

MisterV

@cavedog, what are your thoughts on Seacom as your provider now that you've been with them a while? I'm in the process of moving premises and the new place has existing Vuma infrastructure installed, so I'm trying to find the best option in terms of ISP. Seacom does look appealing though.
If im not mistaken, he is on Afrihost, which is using liquid telecom. In my opinion you dont want to be with a ISP that has anything related to Seacom, at least until the peering policy drama is sorted out.

cavedog

Honorary Master
I decided to go with Afrihost just because they had the 3 months free and gave me the cancellation fee back in credit so I have not paid for my fibre yet since switching. Great value for money and the network with Afrihost has been rock solid I have to give that to them.

Also Openserve is so nice you can switch ISPs so easily.

On other networks the ISP decision is so critical because you can't just change pppoe details to be on another network.

On Vumatel there are a lot kf great ISPs.

Sabre

This supersonic whatsapp number to contact them is the biggest load of garbage ever, they really need to work on their customer service

williamk

I cannot express how inept SuperSonic is. I tried, for three weeks, three times (I'm an idiot!) to buy their package. I gave up, emailed them and told them to shove it. Afrihost(!) sorted me out within 6 hours from order to up and running... 'strue!! Despite now countless emails, SuperSonic STILL debited my account for a service they a) never provided, and b) haven't activated. I have repeatedly asked for the MDs details only to be stonewalled and this customer service excellence he refers to is smokescreen corporate BS. They haven't a clue and Mr Collett can shove his ethos, his company's offerings and his BS right up his own backside. I don't know who he thinks he is, or what kind of hustle type business he is running, and I don't really care. My bank will return all his debits, for his cost, moving forwards. This has been my experience - be warned!

nivek

Executive Member
This supersonic whatsapp number to contact them is the biggest load of garbage ever, they really need to work on their customer service
Their whatsapp account is pathetic, and getting through to their contact centre is impossible. So in short, their support is non existent.

LandyMan

Honorary Master
Supersonic has been a joke the last couple of nights ... twitch keeps buffering, online gaming as packet drops and lag all over the show ... And of course, support has no clue, and lying straight to my face about what they did, or didn't do according to them this morning