Hi All

Please be advised that there are 22 BTS down in Southern Gauteng South

Affected sites:

Marievale, Sony_BMG, Selby_East, Maropeng, Ormonde, Scott_Gardens, Tsakane, Burrows, Brenthurst, Etwatwa, Daveyton, Dunnotar, Duduza, New_Modder, HeidelbergIndustrial, Jatniel, Rensburg_WT, Alra_Park, Chris_Hani_Park, Kwa_Thema, Petit & Kindon_RD

Affected areas:

Benoni, Springs, Soweto, Heidelberg, Nigel

Certain Customers are reporting that they are unable to connect to the internet.

3G Blackberry users also cannot use the BIS service.

This fault is currently in hand with Network Performance
 
Hi All

Please be advised that there are 22 BTS down in Southern Gauteng South

Affected sites:

Marievale, Sony_BMG, Selby_East, Maropeng, Ormonde, Scott_Gardens, Tsakane, Burrows, Brenthurst, Etwatwa, Daveyton, Dunnotar, Duduza, New_Modder, HeidelbergIndustrial, Jatniel, Rensburg_WT, Alra_Park, Chris_Hani_Park, Kwa_Thema, Petit & Kindon_RD

Affected areas:

Benoni, Springs, Soweto, Heidelberg, Nigel

Certain Customers are reporting that they are unable to connect to the internet.

3G Blackberry users also cannot use the BIS service.

This fault is currently in hand with Network Performance

VCData, are you referring to nodeb's, or BTSes?
 
Hi All

Please be advised that there are 22 BTS down in Southern Gauteng South

Affected sites:

Marievale, Sony_BMG, Selby_East, Maropeng, Ormonde, Scott_Gardens, Tsakane, Burrows, Brenthurst, Etwatwa, Daveyton, Dunnotar, Duduza, New_Modder, HeidelbergIndustrial, Jatniel, Rensburg_WT, Alra_Park, Chris_Hani_Park, Kwa_Thema, Petit & Kindon_RD

Affected areas:

Benoni, Springs, Soweto, Heidelberg, Nigel

Certain Customers are reporting that they are unable to connect to the internet.

3G Blackberry users also cannot use the BIS service.

This fault is currently in hand with Network Performance

Any updates ?

I can connect but speed is painfully slow.
 
Has all the issues been resolved ? Today I'm still getting cr@p speed. If I'm lucky I get 12-15Kbps on downloads. Websites are also opening slow. I have tried the modem at different places in the house.

I just wish I can also one day get the speeds that the Networks are bragging about. They are always saying that towers have been upgraded but my speeds are never good.
 
Last edited:
Bad speeds in Stellenbosch central

Slow speeds, high pings.
Stellenbosch Hotel, Andringa Street, between Dorp and Church Street
15h00, 3 April
E1820 connected to Netgear MBR624GU, signal reported as -83 dBm, 3G only setting
Prepaid voice sim loaded with a small databundle
Unable to obtain link to speedtest results from speedtest.net as the upload part of the speedtest got stuck and didn't complete after several minutes - Vodacom Cape Town server, download speed 0.76 Mbit/sec, upload speed stuck at about 0.9 Mbit/sec

Ping tests as follows:
Pinging www.xe.com [216.220.38.24] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 216.220.38.24: bytes=32 time=605ms TTL=41
Reply from 216.220.38.24: bytes=32 time=892ms TTL=41
Reply from 216.220.38.24: bytes=32 time=511ms TTL=41
Reply from 216.220.38.24: bytes=32 time=580ms TTL=41

Pinging www.telkom.co.za [196.43.22.222] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 196.43.22.222: bytes=32 time=326ms TTL=242
Reply from 196.43.22.222: bytes=32 time=285ms TTL=242
Reply from 196.43.22.222: bytes=32 time=334ms TTL=242
Reply from 196.43.22.222: bytes=32 time=293ms TTL=242

Need better speeds by Monday 15 May as we will be having a conference where about 20 users will be connected through the router and Vodacom. They're from overseas so they expect a good connection.
 
Bad speeds in Rosebank

Third consecutive day of totally unusable internet connection in Rosebank. So bad that even requests to Google time out. Anyone else having the same issue?

1) Location: Rosebank
2) Time of issue: 4 May 2011 tot current time
3) Device:K3765
4) Contract Type (pre-paid, contract, hybrid): Contract (2GB).
5) Existing reference numbers from 155: N/A
6) speed.vodacom.co.za results (if possible): Timeout from site

Ping to www.google.co.za states that host cannot be found.

I do NOT have a similar problem with the same device and laptop in Johannesburg South.
 
Vodacom internet down in Wilgeheuwel? I cant browse anything since this morning.
 
Third consecutive day of totally unusable internet connection in Rosebank. So bad that even requests to Google time out. Anyone else having the same issue?

1) Location: Rosebank
2) Time of issue: 4 May 2011 tot current time
3) Device:K3765
4) Contract Type (pre-paid, contract, hybrid): Contract (2GB).
5) Existing reference numbers from 155: N/A
6) speed.vodacom.co.za results (if possible): Timeout from site

Ping to www.google.co.za states that host cannot be found.

I do NOT have a similar problem with the same device and laptop in Johannesburg South.

Still having issues, whilst connecting in other geographic location works 100%. Can anyone indicate whether there is a known issue with Vodacom internet in RosebanK?
 
Latency seems to be an issue now and then with Vodacom 3G. Has the networks in JHB south been upgraded?
 
Vodacom

Vodacom paints everything red - but cannot provide service. We are experiencing problems with Vodacom reception since 2006. Every time we SUCCCEED in contacting Vodacom, a new reference number is given, but the problem remains.

Nobody from Vodacom replies on our calls or are trying to improve the reception in Waterkloof Glen, Pretoria.

We have installed a booster in 2006, upgraded the booster twice already, but still no improvement in the reception. Our service provider for our premiecell - Nashua Mobile - advised us to contact our dear VODACOM and ask them to address the problem.

Nothing can be done without a cellphone number - so I provided my own cellphone number for their references - the result? The complaint was changed to whether I wanted to send MMS and aparantly requesting itemised billing. What next?

The problem is that we do not have reception from Vodacom in this area, and Vodacom is buying paint at this stage. There are a lot of blue still to be covered with red - even the Blue Bulls' rugby jerseys. When they will be able to upgrade their service depends on the amount of blue still available. Wonder how their ladders will reach the sky......
 
Vodacom paints everything red - but cannot provide service. We are experiencing problems with Vodacom reception since 2006. Every time we SUCCCEED in contacting Vodacom, a new reference number is given, but the problem remains.

Nobody from Vodacom replies on our calls or are trying to improve the reception in Waterkloof Glen, Pretoria.

We have installed a booster in 2006, upgraded the booster twice already, but still no improvement in the reception. Our service provider for our premiecell - Nashua Mobile - advised us to contact our dear VODACOM and ask them to address the problem.

Nothing can be done without a cellphone number - so I provided my own cellphone number for their references - the result? The complaint was changed to whether I wanted to send MMS and aparantly requesting itemised billing. What next?

The problem is that we do not have reception from Vodacom in this area, and Vodacom is buying paint at this stage. There are a lot of blue still to be covered with red - even the Blue Bulls' rugby jerseys. When they will be able to upgrade their service depends on the amount of blue still available. Wonder how their ladders will reach the sky......

can i kindly have the reference number and cell number that your queries were logged with , to follow up?
 
Speedtests today from Green Point Cape Town full HSPA signal, tower is basically on the building's roof above me.

52573963.png


52574072.png


from the same place last week
51439642.png
 
Last edited:
1) Location: Randpark Ridge
2) Time of issue: All day (8:00 on wards)
3) Device: E1820 (Cell C 21mbps)
4) Contract Type (pre-paid, contract, hybrid): contract
5) Existing reference numbers from 155: n/a
6) speed.vodacom.co.za results (if possible): http://www.speedtest.net/result/1295833127.png 0.05 down and 0.98 up

I dropped Vodacom 5 months ago because of performance degradation and hopped to Cell C which was 5 x as quick and 3 x cheaper. 4 weeks back Cell C died and I used my old Vodacom which was back to 3mbps speeds and - as Cell C is STILL down 4 weeks later - I decided to migrate my Vodacom to more data.

Now it's just as bad and they're both chugging along at dial up speeds :/ Neither can actually supply a service.

PS Seems whichever I chose fails within months
 
No coverage - Montana, Pretoria

Anyone else, same problem, last few days?

Edge not working, and 3G very spotty?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Coverage problem - Pretoria Gardens

I don't live in Montana, but I think Pretoria Gardens connects to the same base station. I've had a similar problem on my 5 gig speedstick and the 2 gig speedstick. Yesterday afternoon at about 3pm I lost connection to 3g and since then can only receive edge. It's still down this morning. Anyone else has this problem?
 
I don't live in Montana, but I think Pretoria Gardens connects to the same base station. I've had a similar problem on my 5 gig speedstick and the 2 gig speedstick. Yesterday afternoon at about 3pm I lost connection to 3g and since then can only receive edge. It's still down this morning. Anyone else has this problem?

You with both CellC and Voda?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X