I dont know what to say anymore, except that i am utterly disgusted with the level of service, and lack of communication i am getting from vodacom. i appreciate that a gent who looks after the twitter feed phoned me back, but i am not satisfied with what vodacom is doing about this issue we been having since the beginning of November.
I cannot believe that i am the only one experiencing problems in the area. Resarting a phone every 5 minutes to get signal is also not acceptable(Dont Blame the phone, as it works 100% when we not at home). I cannot believe that its taken 2 months to get NOWHERE with this issue.

:mad:

Where are you experiencing these issues? I work in Woodmead and the network here has been ******* up beyond all ****** recognition since November. The problem seems to be spreading to the rest of JHB now, as I'm starting to experience the same thing in Randburg lately.

Put an MTN sim in my phone and the problems are gone. So no... it is not my phone.
 
Here we go again today . . . no SMTP send via Vodacom 3G, but can send via Telkom.
What is a person to do . . . I mean are there any other options, does anyone care ?
 
Poor Speed from 3G base station

Hi VD,

I have many of my friends and myself experiencing very poor speeds & high latency from a Vodacom 3G Base Station.

I have done tests from 3 locations

75 Shepstone Street
Beaulie Estate
60 Victoria Street
Richmond KZN

Which all have Clear LOS to the Base Station
I used 2 Different Modems Huawei E220 & Huawei K170 (I might have the wrong model)

The down link was never over a 1mbps, was averaging at 500kbps
The uplink was ok at 384kbps (due to modem limitation)

Pings would be ok at 100ms on average to vodacom.co.za

However it would jump around a lot from 100ms to 400ms to other sites like mybroadband.co.za

It seems the Base Station is congested.

I tested numerous times. Morning, afternoon & late night, and received the same results.

skype is unusable at the moment. Calls hook a lot!
Youtube buffers constantly
The 2G Cell ID: Richmond CBD/Richmond Telkom Exchange. As to my knowledge 2G & 3G equipment are on the same Base Station.

Would you kindly have a look into this please, I am at my wit ends with 155 they refuse to log a fault and are blaming it on my PC/Modem. I have called about 6 times.

As I said I am not the only one it is plus minus 7 people I know of, complaining.

Kind Regards

:confused:
 
Since this afternoon speed on my side is extremely slow. It's not only me having the problem but a few of my friends as well. All on the VC network. Hopefully it gets resolved soon
 
Internet report for Randpark Ridge: 98% chance of nothing, with 2% chance of scattered bursts of speed. Not so proudly brought to you by Vodacom.
 
Internet report for Randpark Ridge: 98% chance of nothing, with 2% chance of scattered bursts of speed. Not so proudly brought to you by Vodacom.
 
Randpark Ridge area as well as office building right next to Vodaworld :

Imagine having to use a landline - a LANDLINE to make a call because VC signal is so erratic, it is practically non-existent. And if you do get through to a call, only allows you a few seconds and then it starts breaking up . . .
 
I had the same problem in Sunward Park, Boksburg this afternoon. But the problem has been resolved now.
BTW. I was connecting to 3G but there was no through put.
It gave me quite a scare as I had connected a new printer and thought that somehow the USB configurations had become messed up.
 
I stay in Glenvista and I am having issues with 3g connection on my phone. I have set it up to be on Edge only. Vodacom customer care said there are no issues in this area but there is plenty, from a couple of days back. Disgusting service and lack of knowledge from these call centers.
 
Mod, please move, if appropriate

I have pm'ed VCDATA, but maybe someone here can help. I moved wife from contract to prepaid on data and email, and was given a new sim. Everything worked well for 8 months, until she did something with her laptop and needed to login all over again, previous logins being automatic. problem is, the old contract sim has been recycled and will not accept password for login with new prepaid sim (according to v helpful vodaworld techie)
Does anyone know how we can retrieve emails using her email address only, as well as how do we get that address back?
Please help
Cory
 
anyone else having problems with 3g in midrand? on both my phone and usb modem, i can connect on edge/gprs but 3g is completely dead :confused:
 
There's a problem with Vodacom Roaming Edge in my area, normal edge and 3G working fine though.
It's extremely slow, I mean like in 2kb/s slow with pages not fully loading, this has been going on for about 3days now.

Some info from MDMA
2011/03/17 14:34:19, Serial #: 49744
Message ID: 60, DCS: 1, Page 1/1
Steynsrus 2
 
23 March 2011

SUBJECT
:
Loss of coverage (2G and 3G) in the Kemptonpark/Tembisa/Midrand

Dear All,

Concise Fault Description

Prepaid and Contract Customers are reporting loss of coverage (2G and 3G) in the Kemptonpark/Tembisa/Midrand area since 18:00 last night. Errors include: Error in connection/no network coverage. Incoming calls: Subscriber you have dialled is not available.

Symptoms

Errors include: Error in connection/no network coverage. Incoming calls: Subscriber you have dialled is not available.

Escalated to NMC Performance Management
 
No Vodacom HSDPA

only 3G for a week in Randburg, in town.

Needless to say, very slow. I thought my modem was broken, but I am getting HSDPA outside of Randburg tonight.
 
only 3G for a week in Randburg, in town.

Needless to say, very slow. I thought my modem was broken, but I am getting HSDPA outside of Randburg tonight.

Vodacom is busy rolling out updates to their 3G network, just hang in there! If you had HSDPA coverage before, it will be even better soon.

Have faith. :)
 
Vodacom is busy rolling out updates to their 3G network, just hang in there! If you had HSDPA coverage before, it will be even better soon.

Have faith. :)


Well, I have a 4Meg ADSL line at home and too busy at work to internet much. At first I thought I was just getting used to the ADSL which makes everything else seem slow. Then I realised the blue light was stuck on 3G. Last week I got rid of the Vodafone software on the modem because it doesn't work on 2003 Server and I thought I'd broken the modem lol.
 
This could have been part of a more widespread problem? Out here in our rural area in NWP our Vodacom tower lost its 3G entirely yesterday, barely limping along on GPRS. 3G is back now, but it's not any better than it was before, and the GPRS signal still sucks.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X