I've hit the 200KBps mark... They must've switched it on at 10pm or something... The more I complain the better it gets
 
MASTERARSE

Vodacom Simcard = R5
Usb Dongle = R800
7.2 Databundle =R565
30kbps= priceless.

Most expensive bites in the world and I cant even open a freaking email.
Thank you Vodacom.. No FU Vodacom.
 
Vodacom Simcard = R5
Usb Dongle = R800
7.2 Databundle =R565
30kbps= priceless.

Most expensive bites in the world and I cant even open a freaking email.
Thank you Vodacom.. No FU Vodacom.

Either log a fault or post your details as per the first post otherwise no-one can help you.
 
Having real problems the last 2 days, just want to check wether its vodacom in general today and yesterday in pretoria or if its local to my area. Upload seems fine but the down load is terrible :( Anyone else in the pta/ pta north area having problems?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1015436322.png

I'm in Cape Town and experiencing the same problems since yesterday ... signing up for the Cell C package within the next 2 weeks, so I don't really give a damn about this crappy service anymore ....
 
According to Vodacom call center, most of gauteng are having problems relating the the network upgrades but it should all be sorted out by the end of the week. Just a FYI if anyone else is having problems.
 
Last edited:
Connection sometimes not sending/recieving

Hi

I have been having a problem with my connection for the last few weeks.
I connect the connection easily...no problems connecting or setting up the connection.

But was happens is that often(and i men all the time) the connection just stops sending and recieving data...nothing goes out and nothing goes in. The connection seems fine and is stil up and running. But the connection just stops the data.

I have tried disabeling my firewall...still no good.
I heard from a friend that the new firefox could be doing this 3.6.1 version...but im not sure if that could realy be the problem...Anyone know?

It only started doing this recently. I have made no significant changes to my software or hardware other than a new GFX card(problems started before card was changed) and updating my firefox.

Ive checked the singnal on my modem and it seems fine.

Please if anyone has some advice that can help me out i would be realy thankful

This is wat im using
Modem: Samsung L760 cellphone With 3g connection capable
Software: Samsung New PC Studio
Location: South Africa, Witbank(1035)
ISP: Vodacom
using a 2.3gb data bundle
I usualy connect between around 5pm to 11pm
 
Slow Vodacom 3G in Centurion

I have a problem with the speed on my Vodacom 3G connection. Although the signal strength is perfect the speed on IE is extremly slow - about 0.o4mbs according to speedtest.net. However if I drive about 7 km to my office and perform the same speedtest the result is 3.35mbs. I have reported the problem more than 48 hours ago (S2-60D2C-8NPU) and no feedback or resolution from Vodacom. Does anyone have a similar problem in Clubview Centurion?
 
I have a problem with the speed on my Vodacom 3G connection. Although the signal strength is perfect the speed on IE is extremly slow - about 0.o4mbs according to speedtest.net. However if I drive about 7 km to my office and perform the same speedtest the result is 3.35mbs. I have reported the problem more than 48 hours ago (S2-60D2C-8NPU) and no feedback or resolution from Vodacom. Does anyone have a similar problem in Clubview Centurion?

Hi , i can't pick any info from that ref , can you kindly send me the number that it was logged on?
 
Might not be the same issue, but i've had bad speed yesterday and the day before and the call center said that it was due to upgrades in gauteng. My speed is back to normal today.

They said that the upgrades should be sorted this week.
 
Dropping/Freezing of connection

I have been using Vodacom's "Broadband Internet" for quite some time now through my E72. For the last few months whenever I try and load a page with quite a lot of graphics and flash the connection freezes, this even happens when I try and do a speedtest. It is so irritating as I then have to disconnect and reconnect the whole time. I live in Lyttelton, Centurion and a friend of mine in Hatfield does not have this problem. He just suffers with a much slower connection. He has brought his modem over here to test it and it also times out/freezes whatever you want to call it. Youtube is a no go also.

Do any of you know what could cause this? I have downloaded XP updates, played around with the connection setting, used Ovi to connect, used the control panel to connect, EVERYTHING.

Could this be a Vodacom problem that has persisted over weeks and maybe months and no one has bothered to complain about it? Or am I just the stupid one?

I use a computer with XP, 1 Gig of ram etc...

Would appreciate any help!!!

Thx
 
Vodacom is raping us

I too have been having issues the past couple weeks. Actually this whole year Vodacom's 3G has been poor.

I spend R1200 on Vodacom data every month, most of which is wasted because I'm constantly reloading pages or trying to download large file which fail half way. And yes I do have a download manager, but some downloads don't have resume capability; especially file hosting sites like Depositefiles.

Vodacom should be reimbursing people for not providing the service we pay for. How can they get away with this? We are paying huge amounts of money to use their service and there is always a problem.

Why do we have to pay so much for 3G when we’re not getting anywhere near the speeds that they advertise? What, they advertise 7.2MB/s or is it 21MB/s now. Who constantly gets 720KB/s? I've never had that speed.

Actually when I started using Vodacom 3G three years ago, I was getting far better speeds and more reliably than what am now or have done this year.

Just did a speed test, 0.20MB/s. That's less than half the speed of dialup. WTF!!!

I’m going to get myself a prepaid MTN/CellC/Telkom sim this weekend and see which one works best for me.

Speed Tests

Johannesburg:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1016620089.png
London:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1016628048.png
Miami:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1016623771.png

Info

Tower ID: 11197
Signal: -87 dBm
Device: E220
Firmware: 11.117.09.04.00
 
Vodacom 3G network is officially in its m03r ... disconnects, no throughput, timeouts galore ... TRUE TO FORM!

It's been going like this the entire week. Well done!!

Anyone else in CT experiencing this?

 
Last edited:
Same issue with me here in Cape Town, absolutely disastrous throughput the whole day on 3G. Was OK earlier in the week, but today I'm connected no problem with good signal, but no data coming down. Occasional disconnects. Tracert from command prompt returns with 'unable to resolve host name'. So no speedtest results either.

If I set my modem to GRPS only I manage to get about 50kbps max download speed, and this is how I managed to get into the forums on MyBB. Phoned 082 155 but they're not aware of any issues?

Location : Oranjezicht, Cape Town
Time reported : Since 11am, 6Nov2010
Device : E272
Contract type : Prepaid
 
Same issue with me here in Cape Town, absolutely disastrous throughput the whole day on 3G. Was OK earlier in the week, but today I'm connected no problem with good signal, but no data coming down. Occasional disconnects. Tracert from command prompt returns with 'unable to resolve host name'. So no speedtest results either.

If I set my modem to GRPS only I manage to get about 50kbps max download speed, and this is how I managed to get into the forums on MyBB. Phoned 082 155 but they're not aware of any issues?

Location : Oranjezicht, Cape Town
Time reported : Since 11am, 6Nov2010
Device : E272
Contract type : Prepaid
 
I think its actually worse today .... it's happy hour for timeouts, no throughput and disconnects. LOL!
My last week of Vodacom 3G ... YAY!!! It's been a bumpy ride from the beginning with little improvement over the past 3 years. so i'm happy to say I will not miss this crappy and unreliable service.
Even if Cell C is just as bad as Vodacom, at least they are far cheaper. So it's a win win for me.

Just counting down the days ... :D
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X