SDSmurf

I can't even connect to vodacom mobile network from my Note 2. Tried my wife's s3 and daughter's desire hd and same thing; turn on mobile data - nothing - mobile network icon doesn't even show.

I'm in Centurion at Redds Mall.

SDSmurf

Seems to be fine now... I'm impresses my post appears in the article, almost celebrity hehehe

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Anyone else having a problem in Midrand with data? My phone shoes a data connection by the signal ... but no data.

Beylie

Expert Member
Just had major issues with BES on Vodacom. None of our BB's (100+ devices) could receive / send emails. Problem started around 21:25 until about 22:50, Midrand area.

creeper

Executive Member
Just had major issues with BES on Vodacom. None of our BB's (100+ devices) could receive / send emails. Problem started around 21:25 until about 22:50, Midrand area.

Ironic you had a problem in the same area as Vodacom's HQ

HideInLight

Expert Member
Steynsrus again.

For the past few months the connection has been just of low quality, continues loss of throughput, which most of times requires me to disconnect/reconnect to just keep the connection going. This is morning, day and night.

In a game like Hearthstone I think I have around 20 disconnects in a week (just in that game), that's how bad it is, cannot go more than 20 minutes without having to reconnect the internet.

Even had to redo internet banking a few times, since I would lose connection at the most crappiest of times.

Occasionally it also switched over to edge.

RichardS

Bellair/Seaview/Rossburgh (Durban)

Signal has dropped from 3G to GPRS/Edge. According to Vodacom coverage map (and personal experience for many years) this is a 3G area, but for the last month or so dropped to GPRS/Edge. Why would this be the case? Will this be permanent I wonder?

RichardS

Resolved. From the Vodacom coverage map web page I logged a network problem from my address yesterday, and received two calls this morning from Vodacom staff, the second of which has resolved the issue for me. The issue was with my phone (Nokia N8) rather than the coverage - for some reason my phone with "network mode" selected as "dual" was defaulting to GSM. So I have now selected 3G and now I am receiving that as my signal. Still enjoying my Nokia N8.
Very impressed with Vodacom support. Thank you.

online14230

Anyone having issues in Midrand / Blue Hills area? I battle to make a call, let alone get any sort of data through!!
I've been BATTLING for the past 6 weeks! Have NO idea why, but my phones all battle to make calls... and only the iPhone gts data through... Also, my MIFI Device works FLAWLESSLY using Afrihost APN (MTN Network, I believe!...

loveandpolitics

My Vodacom connection in Auckland Park has gone from speedy to useless. I get a strong (3-4 bar) HSDPA signal and the connection functions as normal. However, the connection seems to freeze constantly kicking me out of Eve Online, Skype Calls, or even web browsing. This freezing effect lasts several seconds and resumes to normal. The connection itself doesn't disconnect or drop from HSDPA. I've had this problem for more than a week now.

I don't require a fast network, nor a low latency one, nor a particularly cheap one. I just need a stable one, unfortunately that's exactly what I'm NOT getting.

Last edited:

Bosvark@

Expert Member
Vodacom data performance in Overport, Durban has gone from hero to zero. What used to be a fabulous service has slowed down to below ADSL speeds... Tech at Vodacom says it's oversubscribed...

Spoke to a consultant at Vodacom Gateway and he said LTE should be turned off unless you in a guaranteed LTE area... well its a mobile service I thought. I can't be sold a LTE device with all the wonderful benefits and then told a good few months later it's not actually supported... not impressed.

Was at Westville hospital for 3 days and only had edge service for duration of the time there. What's up with this...?

Visor57

Latency and throughput issues in Tzaneen, Limpopo

1) Location: Tzaneen, Limpopo
2) Time of issue: Since beginning of May 2014 to current (June 2014)
3) Device: Smartphones and portable wireless hotspot (Vodacom)
4) Contract Type (pre-paid, contract, hybrid): Contract
5) Existing reference numbers from 155: EC-0PJP-2KJQ0O and EC-0PJ7-3JKIEQ
6) speed.vodacom.co.za results (if possible): Too slow to test, but see test history below from Ookla

Ookla%2520results.png

Note that tests are conducted with minimum of 2 bars signal, often with full signal.

Screenshot_2014-06-05-09-18-26.png

Vodacom support desk has called several times to confirm whether the issue has been resolved, however each time the problem still persists. Technicians reportedly keep finding and fixing a problem, however this does not seem to have any positive effect.

Last edited: