sand_man

Honorary Master
In the Norwood area on an LTE enabled sim and iPhone 5 and performance is shocking bordering on non existent. Is there a network issue perhaps?

...lol, and as I'm doing a speedtest to verify my experience I get this result....

2013-03-16 10.28.33.jpg

dakhaas

-91 on the 2nd floor building in paulshoff, I can almost see grand central out of my window, but everyone in the office block complains about vodacom signal and speed issues, ping test to 8.8.8.8 is above 1200ms :(

Toffelman

With a 55dB signal
Test conducted on 4/1/2013 10:04:57 AM

Download Speed: 2866 kbps (358.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1027 kbps (128.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 316 ms

Last edited:

creeper

Executive Member
It seems that Vodacom is a bit flaky today. Can't browse web pages on my iphone, even though I still have 400MB left. The websites time-out. Checked in Pretoria and verified with a friend in Joburg as well.

Brontosaurus

It seems that Vodacom is a bit flaky today. Can't browse web pages on my iphone, even though I still have 400MB left. The websites time-out. Checked in Pretoria and verified with a friend in Joburg as well.

Same problems here. Was at a client in Joburg and I couldn't connect. I'm back at the office in Pretoria but same problem.

Solitude

Executive Member
For some reason half the time chess.com pages do not load for me when using Vodacom LTE. It seems to work fine when using Cell C data though. It's been like this since I got Vodacom data about a month or so ago.

kolya

I live on a farm in the north Free State. I'm just on the fringe of the Vaal Reception area. Sometimes I get full 3g, or HSPA+ like now at 11am. But other times I only get EDGE (What a pain!) But overall, my Vodacom internet service has been satisfactory taking into account where I live. I'm glad the pre-paid Data Promotion has been extended till June.

It's great being retired in the country! No more traffic & Commuting problems, and all big shops and malls are 30 minutes away.

tsume

The Pervy Sage
Is it me or is there an issue with Vodacom tonight? I didn't receive WhatsApp message & couldn't view twitter all night, until I came back home and connected to my Wi-Fi. I thought it was my settings but after I've received new settings still seems I'm having the same issue

lotus123

Complete failure in Fourways. I seem to be linking with the tower at normal speeds, but nothing coming or going beyond that.

Call Centre tried the usual tricks and finally escalated it.

Anyone else around here having a problem?

Peterkb

Recently switched from CellC to Vodacom for my data. Mistake! I'm lucky if my connection lasts 10 minutes without failing. Usually still connected but no data in either direction. CellC was not perfect but did at least go for a few hours without problems.

HideInLight

Expert Member
Steynsrus, Free State

3G has been down for days now, only get a EDGE signal. There was a power failure the other day, don't know if that had something to do with it.

Snotface

Seems to be a problem with DNS on my LTE Modem, last two days in the Gezina, Pretoria area?

creeper

Executive Member
Seems to be a problem with DNS on my LTE Modem, last two days in the Gezina, Pretoria area?

I'm having connection problems on my iPhone 4s also in Pretoria area, specific Lynnwood. Full signal. 3G indicated, incredibly slow or no throughput.

elriconess

Having real slow access here in Lichtenburg, North West.

Download Speed: 379 kbps (47.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 380 kbps (47.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 392 ms
16/8/2013 21:30:05

jasweb

I only have Edge here at University of Pretoria today (3G / H+ just jumps)

OK, confirmed now with my Wife that even Edge is "edgy" - cannot send messages even on Edge (I did delete the Internet APN and re-requested if from Vodacom)

Got 2 SMSe stating:

"Sorry there is an error in your internet settings. You'll receive the new settings soon"

Have now been on the phone for more than 20 minutes (sorry, we are experiencing heavy call volumes)!

Is there a general network issue in Pretoria (University of Pretoria)?

stevovo

Expert Member
I only have Edge here at University of Pretoria today (3G / H+ just jumps)

OK, confirmed now with my Wife that even Edge is "edgy" - cannot send messages even on Edge (I did delete the Internet APN and re-requested if from Vodacom)

Got 2 SMSe stating:

"Sorry there is an error in your internet settings. You'll receive the new settings soon"

Have now been on the phone for more than 20 minutes (sorry, we are experiencing heavy call volumes)!

Is there a general network issue in Pretoria (University of Pretoria)?

Seems like it. 4 of us here at work have got no connectivity on 3G. Had to manually change the setting to edge to get whatsapp, email etc.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Vodacom confirmed 3G problems on its Pretoria network. Engineers attending.